Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd January 2019, 11.28:42   #73-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Salford reaction

I thought overall we seemed the better team and had more control of the game. They were just more clinical- those saying we didn’t create any chances for a goal scorer to score, if we had one I’m sure their movements and instincts wouldve got them on the end of one of the numerous crosses we put into the box.

I was actually pleased to see that GB is actually willing to change things with the change to 3 at the back. This did give us more control of the game but our Achilles heel was playing with two wide forwards up top.

I’m really looking forward to seeing which strikers we bring in.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 2nd January 2019, 11.37:27   #74-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

I hope we act fast in bringing in the reinforcements that we need.

2 more games coming up quickly and international clearance hurdles to negotiate.

Hopefully we aren't looking to limp through these next two games with what we have as 2 defeats could irreparably damage our title hopes.

We are in a great position so no time for sitting back
Old 2nd January 2019, 11.37:46   #75-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Until_The_Final_Whistle View Post
Not sure what Barrow was thinking today at all. Seemed intent on playing down the wings even though it was clear it wouldn't work. We saw how poor their defenders are when we play the ball on the ground and take them on, but made no attempt to do it in this game until the end of stoppage time.

Other strange decisions from Barrow:
Rutherford at RWB?
Akil Wright at CAM?
Beavon as the furthest forward striker rather than as a supporting attacker?
Roberts at left wing?
Putting Carra into left mid, then shifting to 3 at the back?

Surely he could have picked a less important game to start trying new tactics and seeing players out of position than this?
Roberts didn't play left wing he played on the left of the back 3. Akil plays better further up the pitch and Beavon has played most matches as the point of the attack.

Well done Graham for making changes to try and get back in the game.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 2nd January 2019, 11.40:32   #76-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Well GB himself has said tiredness isnt an excuse
I am calm, no problem. I just recognise weakness and its about opinion and I just didnt agree it was harsh. However football is worse than harsh its Fkin ruthless and we needed to toughen up as a club if we want to get out of this league. Lets hope Father January brings some presents
I think the biggest issue (as has already been said) was that we didn't cope with their set-up and play to our strengths to counter that. We didn't display many strengths on the day to be fair and everyone seemed off the pace. It did improve with the change in formation from us but it wasn't to be our day. Signing a true centre forward remains our dream, hopefully GB has this in hand.
Old 2nd January 2019, 13.07:56   #77-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Yes, I think that their Stadium is good for Division 5. Has anyone ever been to Barrow or Solihull? Yes their facilities creeked at so many of us there, but that’s understandable as most of their opponents will be lucky to bring 250. Were they supposed to build bigger toilets, just for yesterday’s game?
With 5 millionaires on their board, I guess that they are ambitious to rise through the league system. If they do, they will have improve the ground, but no need when they average around 1700 ?
I hate standing behind the goal, in the middle of the Muppet Show, as I prefer to sit near the halfway line. Saying that, my view behind the goal was ok yesterday. A barrier to lean against, checker plate flooring and a working Tannoy. All for £10. The Racecourse May be showing signs of decay and poor maintenance, but it tends to spoil us all when we sample away grounds.
Old 2nd January 2019, 13.15:03   #78-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

After visiting Salford yesterday I'm less sceptical of them than I was before going. I still don't like the millionaire, or in their case billionaire, owner model, but they're doing a lot of things right. Nice touches with the Welsh language music and blwyddyn Newydd dda as has been said.

On a side note, I was disappointed with how quiet our following was. Couldn't seem to get any songs going or make any real noise.
Old 2nd January 2019, 13.26:53   #79-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenbighRed View Post
On a side note, I was disappointed with how quiet our following was. Couldn't seem to get any songs going or make any real noise.
Sounds like Solihull away - nothing for the fans to get excited about and it kills the atmosphere. May as well go down fighting rather than this drab away continuance.
Old 2nd January 2019, 14.17:04   #80-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
Yes, I think that their Stadium is good for Division 5. Has anyone ever been to Barrow or Solihull? Yes their facilities creeked at so many of us there, but that’s understandable as most of their opponents will be lucky to bring 250. Were they supposed to build bigger toilets, just for yesterday’s game?
With 5 millionaires on their board, I guess that they are ambitious to rise through the league system. If they do, they will have improve the ground, but no need when they average around 1700 ?
I hate standing behind the goal, in the middle of the Muppet Show, as I prefer to sit near the halfway line. Saying that, my view behind the goal was ok yesterday. A barrier to lean against, checker plate flooring and a working Tannoy. All for £10. The Racecourse May be showing signs of decay and poor maintenance, but it tends to spoil us all when we sample away grounds.
Been to Barrow and Solihull and I wouldn't say the facilities were any better at Salford. The grounds are older yes but you can get food and have a piss just as easily.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 2nd January 2019, 14.23:03   #81-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Stadium good??? Really??? One food kiosk, no parking even for their own players, toilets in steel containers and 3 turnstiles. The stadium looked like it was made from a cheap mechano set. It made legoland look like a palace.
Posted via mobile theme
I was at the game with one of the lads who designed the ground he's a Wrexham fan!! Basically everything done on the cheap as Owner not willing to pay full asking price for things
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.50:05.