Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd January 2019, 09.03:40   #82-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Racism at Salford

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Yes according to the 1st post.
Posted via mobile theme
It says they saw someone report it to the police, do they know they were making them aware of it or was it someone just talking to the police? Its a bit vague.
The clubs (both) should have been made aware asap, Salford could then use their cctv to identify them.
If someone has just told a policeman at the ground I find it highly unlikely anything will have been done.
Old 3rd January 2019, 09.14:38   #83-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

The issue here is yes there is racism in society and yes it does tend to show itself at football but ironically, whilst football gets battered for being the problem and not a manifestation of the problem (it’s good old fashioned, have a go at the working classes), football has done more than most to raise awareness and tackle the problem. This has been done through a combination of top-down campaigns and self-policing on terraces. Hopefully it’s changed mindsets but if it means people reluctantly shut their gobs then maybe that is a positive (John Barnes, A’s a man who lived though the worst of this, is well worth listening to on the matter).

On a broader point I get that people experience the match differently (I’m a no booze, cuppa tea and shout on the team at all costs and sulk if we lose type) but some of the general idiocy i hear is pathetic. At Solihull game some lad by me shouted the words “nonce“ and ”paedo“ at Danny Wright for an hour. Not only was it deeply unfunny but it obviously hadn’t registered that shouting abuse at a player 50yards away over 6000 other people meant there was absolutely no chance Danny Wright could hear him but the dozens of kids around him could. Just an uncomfortable experience.

On a lighter note, got a good laugh from the fella who criticised the Solihull ref for not penalising their rough-house approach by shouting “You forgot your cards ref? Or have you sent them all for Christmas?“
Old 3rd January 2019, 09.21:23   #84-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
It says they saw someone report it to the police, do they know they were making them aware of it or was it someone just talking to the police? Its a bit vague.
The clubs (both) should have been made aware asap, Salford could then use their cctv to identify them.
If someone has just told a policeman at the ground I find it highly unlikely anything will have been done.
I agree the club's needed informing. However with respect I think the person reporting it to the police has every right to think they will act on reports of a hate crime.
Old 3rd January 2019, 09.29:42   #85-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-C View Post
The issue here is yes there is racism in society and yes it does tend to show itself at football but ironically, whilst football gets battered for being the problem and not a manifestation of the problem (it’s good old fashioned, have a go at the working classes), football has done more than most to raise awareness and tackle the problem. This has been done through a combination of top-down campaigns and self-policing on terraces. Hopefully it’s changed mindsets but if it means people reluctantly shut their gobs then maybe that is a positive (John Barnes, A’s a man who lived though the worst of this, is well worth listening to on the matter).

On a broader point I get that people experience the match differently (I’m a no booze, cuppa tea and shout on the team at all costs and sulk if we lose type) but some of the general idiocy i hear is pathetic. At Solihull game some lad by me shouted the words “nonce“ and ”paedo“ at Danny Wright for an hour. Not only was it deeply unfunny but it obviously hadn’t registered that shouting abuse at a player 50yards away over 6000 other people meant there was absolutely no chance Danny Wright could hear him but the dozens of kids around him could. Just an uncomfortable experience.

On a lighter note, got a good laugh from the fella who criticised the Solihull ref for not penalising their rough-house approach by shouting “You forgot your cards ref? Or have you sent them all for Christmas?“
Ref's have no friends!
Old 3rd January 2019, 12.55:16   #86-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teifi Red View Post
Could the Club come up with a telephone number for fans to contact during home games? Any racist, homophobic behaviour could be reported during the game on a number.
Club could then make stewards/police aware of a possible issue at a certain location within the ground.
Arrival of said people in the location might stop such behaviour. Idiots would then realise that someone has reported it and setting up such a system would portray the Club in a positive manner re such incidents.
Why stop at racist and homophobic behaviour ?
We are not a racist club but we have quite a few fans who think that they can shout all sorts of abuse at players and fans. There is far more "other" abuse than racism by our small minority of fans. This "other" abuse is just as disgraceful.
Old 3rd January 2019, 13.15:36   #87-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Directors box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex88 View Post
So disappointing today to hear Wrexham fans making monkey noises at a black Salford player. Genuinely felt ashamed to be stood along side them. I know it was a frustrating result but is this really what we're lowering ourselves to? Saw someone reporting them to the police but I highly doubt they would've been spoken to.
Here we go again. Names or evidence?
Old 3rd January 2019, 13.28:12   #88-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroar View Post
Here we go again. Names or evidence?
Quite a few people seem to have heard it, so it's pretty clear it happened. Getting names from those doing it is always going to be difficult.

Sadly there are still a fair few knuckle draggers around who think racism/sexism/homophobia/bigotry are acceptable or "banter".

All we can do is keep pulling people up on it every time we witness it, and report them to the authorities whenever possible. They are scum.
Old 3rd January 2019, 14.07:56   #89-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

LOL.
"Excuse me Sir, but could I trouble you for your full name and address whilst I'm capturing your racist chants on video? many thanks"
Old 3rd January 2019, 14.16:07   #90-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
LOL.
"Excuse me Sir, but could I trouble you for your full name and address whilst I'm capturing your racist chants on video? many thanks"
Don't ask for their names and address. That would be classed as address profiling which could tarnish the areas from which they live.

And I hope you have had written permission for everyone else in the crowd who's image may be captured on that video camera as well.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.50:00.