Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th January 2019, 19.06:11   #28-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course
Twitter: @

Default Re: Fondop back in the squad?

some of Barrows thinking is already questionable but maybe there is something we dont see happening off the pitch at the training ground, Fondop offers our only threat up front in height and size, the rest cannot hit a cows arse with a banjo
Old 5th January 2019, 19.20:39   #29-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

In regards to Bobby Grant, I don't believe we should be giving up on him as a player. He's not the CF we need but there is a player there, scoring 19 in 2 seasons at League 1 level isn't a piece of piss. It's just trying to find a place for him. You can see the quality he has in his goals.

As for Fondop, hopefully now Oswell is here then we won't need to resort to him too much. From how I've read Barrow's previous comments then I think we might be after another striker too, so I don't see too many chances for him. I'd have him on the bench as an option at the moment at least though. He's clearly a confidence player and it's pretty rock bottom now. 1 goal to get him going again could be all it takes but if he's not getting minutes then it's never going to come.

Here's hoping Oswell makes the difference.
Old 5th January 2019, 20.23:59   #30-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Grant isn't a striker, or a player suited to a front three.
He needs to play just behind two strikers at the tip of a diamond.
Old 5th January 2019, 20.33:11   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Do you remember a certain Hector Sam? Fondop reminds me of him,he deserves a second chance .He was scoring every game near enough untill Rickets "rested" him .
Old 5th January 2019, 20.33:13   #32-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

It’s clear from the above video and from glimpses so far, that his best position is on the right of a front 3. I don’t think we’ve got good enough service into him as of yet. I’d like to see Beavon play more with Tollitt, I feel he’s be better placed to pick out his runs.

Regardless of who we play up there, they need better service in to feet with a little more pass and move from the midfield. It’s all a bit ‘slow’ at times. I don’t think we’re far off though.
Old 6th January 2019, 19.01:30   #33-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS - Im a Stander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Grant isn't a striker, or a player suited to a front three.
He needs to play just behind two strikers at the tip of a diamond.
This!
Everyone was saying they were pleased that Grant had signed but has a bad game and he's getting a slating, saying that he's not scoring enough, but hes not a striker. I think with a Oswell up top with another (probably Beavon for now) and Grant sitting behind we'll see a more positive outcome.
Old 7th January 2019, 14.12:41   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Fondop got to go on loan now has to
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.29:42.