Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th January 2019, 14.28:17   #28-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dover ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Lainton 6 - Not his fault we lost
Roberts 3 - Dreadful
Pearson 5 - Thought he's supposed to be our leader, too busy moaning at refs half the time.
Lawlor 5 - Stood off them too much and wasn't great
Jennings 6 - At least he tried to get forward.
Summerfield 2 - Going downhill fast, woeful set pieces, were his boots on the right feet?
Young 2 - Spent the whole game avoiding the ball and involvement in the game at all costs.
Walker 3 - Overrated. Way over rated in fact. Luckiest man on earth if he gets a League one club.
Beavon 4 - Fitness is dreadful and although 'busy' was mostly ineffective.
Grant 3 - Doesn't do enough but isn't a striker. When Beavon inevitably has to go off he;'s shoved up front out of position.
Rutherford 3 - Simply not good enough to be in a league winning team. Works hard enough but that just isn't enough in these types of games. Everyone should have woken up to this long ago.

Wright 3 - Does he manage to finish his dinner? how many chances has he wasted recently?
Tollit 6 - Tried his best but don't expect him to get any better in the current forward killing set up.
Holroyd n/a no time really to do anything and i doubt he would have changed the game anyway.

DBarrow 1 - Poor tactics, poor team selection, poor everything. Still the same old negative crap at home. Needs a grow a set and show some ambition especially in home games.
Dover have a goals against of 46, the third worst in a league of 48 and we did'nt even deserve a point. Yes a disgrace. You are right imo to include the manager in the list. Ninety five minutes of crap.
Old 6th January 2019, 14.36:22   #29-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

The sky's falling in!
Old 6th January 2019, 14.41:49   #30-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinman View Post
The sky's falling in!
It did last season chicken little
Old 6th January 2019, 15.58:29   #31-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Neither full back is good enough. We may get the odd decent cross in from Jennings but it's too often from 30 yards out instead of 10. Catching practice for the keeper.
No one is bossing midfield, Glen Little on a Zimmer frame would show the lot of them up. We lack the basics at present. Control, pass and move. Rarely see a one/two these days to gain space and open up the defence.
Play is stop start, slow build up and we are playing men out of position.
Grant is lost on the wing, so obvious to the fans but not, apparently, to the manager.
We are desperate for some pace in the middle coupled with a brain.
Not a total disaster but likely to knock a thousand off the crowd for the next home game if we don't pick something up at Bromley and Fylde.
Skipper did OK as did Lawler but it looked like shades of Keates team.
Wouldn't rate anyone more than a 5/6 Very average.

Wow wow wow Q.R I've always respected your well thought out posts and 95% of the time they are happy clapping the board etc club can do no wrong.

So to say I am shocked at this one is putting it mildly, but I agree with every word of it, it's a well thought out post which sums our club up.

I know it's still pantomime season, but wow the going on at Wrexham since early December has been really funny in a sad way.

At the beginning our form started to go and it looked like the typical recent years Christmas collapse was starting ( who can forget the Mills time of Gray, York & Hudson drinking competition, followed by a nosedive on the pitch.

But this time it was jimminy Ricketts underhand sly way he dumped the club who gave him his step into management, followed by the real pantomime season of appointing a new manager.

First of all offering the management job to the lovely cuddly laid back Barrow who you at the time had to give credit to with the respect he showed the club & fans after Ricketts sly move.

But the board in their wisdom decided he was so nice to offer him 2.5 yrs contract as an assistant to a manager they didn't have (laughable) on the panto went trying to sign the great manager of the outstanding Trinidad & Tobago team, meanwhile lot's of good experienced managers available and apparently according SH top class managers were ringing up about the job ( we hear this everytime the job comes up) then allegedly Lawrence wants £150k to manage us.... So the board now stumped as what to do go back to Barrow because they realise they have ballsed up giving an assistant manager 2.5 yrs and expecting a new manager to work with him and not bring their own assistant.

Now Barrow who didn't want the job decides he wants the job, ( for me that shows an indecisive character) but he is a gent good money for his pension.

Now it gets even funnier Barrow picks Newell an ex manager of a few clubs as his assistant.... So we have a guy who was assistant as manager and an ex manager as an assistant along with a few more coaches.

The Xmas season sees our form improve now the jobs sorted a new manager lift, we meet Salford who are on a bad run and play like we should do all the time for 90 instead or 45mins play quick passing attacking football and for once scored goals all salute Barrow RP goes info melt down we are champions at Xmas, then we struggle but luckily beat the outsiders to win the league Solihull.. Roll on Salford away normal service resumes lethargic clueless display tiredness used as an excuse ( it shows why snake kept refreshing his side) then yesterday the team didn't turn up like 11 strangers back from a party and no sleep the night before.

Is Barrow just to nice? His interview after the game wasn't inspiring he was that laid back he just needed a pipe and slippers.

Thankfully though he can see we need strikers ( even Stevie Wonder could see that) i just hope he can see we need better in midfield to.

Once again Q.R well done.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 6th January 2019, 16.03:11   #32-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Wow wow wow Q.R I've always respected your well thought out posts and 95% of the time they are happy clapping the board etc club can do no wrong.

So to say I am shocked at this one is putting it mildly, but I agree with every word of it, it's a well thought out post which sums our club up.

I know it's still pantomime season, but wow the going on at Wrexham since early December has been really funny in a sad way.

At the beginning our form started to go and it looked like the typical recent years Christmas collapse was starting ( who can forget the Mills time of Gray, York & Hudson drinking competition, followed by a nosedive on the pitch.

But this time it was jimminy Ricketts underhand sly way he dumped the club who gave him his step into management, followed by the real pantomime season of appointing a new manager.

First of all offering the management job to the lovely cuddly laid back Barrow who you at the time had to give credit to with the respect he showed the club & fans after Ricketts sly move.

But the board in their wisdom decided he was so nice to offer him 2.5 yrs contract as an assistant to a manager they didn't have (laughable) on the panto went trying to sign the great manager of the outstanding Trinidad & Tobago team, meanwhile lot's of good experienced managers available and apparently according SH top class managers were ringing up about the job ( we hear this everytime the job comes up) then allegedly Lawrence wants £150k to manage us.... So the board now stumped as what to do go back to Barrow because they realise they have ballsed up giving an assistant manager 2.5 yrs and expecting a new manager to work with him and not bring their own assistant.

Now Barrow who didn't want the job decides he wants the job, ( for me that shows an indecisive character) but he is a gent good money for his pension.

Now it gets even funnier Barrow picks Newell an ex manager of a few clubs as his assistant.... So we have a guy who was assistant as manager and an ex manager as an assistant along with a few more coaches.

The Xmas season sees our form improve now the jobs sorted a new manager lift, we meet Salford who are on a bad run and play like we should do all the time for 90 instead or 45mins play quick passing attacking football and for once scored goals all salute Barrow RP goes info melt down we are champions at Xmas, then we struggle but luckily beat the outsiders to win the league Solihull.. Roll on Salford away normal service resumes lethargic clueless display tiredness used as an excuse ( it shows why snake kept refreshing his side) then yesterday the team didn't turn up like 11 strangers back from a party and no sleep the night before.

Is Barrow just to nice? His interview after the game wasn't inspiring he was that laid back he just needed a pipe and slippers.

Thankfully though he can see we need strikers ( even Stevie Wonder could see that) i just hope he can see we need better in midfield to.

Once again Q.R well done.
Posted via mobile theme
My concern about barrow is how hungry he is. Obviously he will want to do well but if he fails then so what? He has nothing to prove and either retires or gets an assistant job. With Ricketts and Keates whilst the downside is they get poached if doing well the upside is they have that drive and hunger to make a name and career for themselves in management. I do fear we've missed a trick not keeping GB as assistant and bringing in a Clarke or even a Daryl McMahon with some fresh ideas and impetus.
Old 6th January 2019, 16.06:41   #33-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Barrow set up the team for a home match adopting a negative approach tactically and should take full responsibility for the defeat against Dover ie Walker almost a needless fifth defender to protect the back four, no height in a central attacking position until Grant was moved there from his wide right position following the substitution of the hapless Beavon, the preference of the innocuous Young for Wright and the continued omission of Tollitt from the starting lineup. This result should serve as a wake-up call!
Old 6th January 2019, 16.09:29   #34-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
My concern about barrow is how hungry he is. Obviously he will want to do well but if he fails then so what? He has nothing to prove and either retires or gets an assistant job. With Ricketts and Keates whilst the downside is they get poached if doing well the upside is they have that drive and hunger to make a name and career for themselves in management. I do fear we've missed a trick not keeping GB as assistant and bringing in a Clarke or even a Daryl McMahon with some fresh ideas and impetus.

I agree I like Barrow infact it's hard not to like him, but I wonder to if the hunger is there he don't look comfortable giving interviews though so perhaps it gives a misconception of what he is really like, either way we are stuck with him and Newell for another 2 yrs in the Summer as we can't afford to keep paying managers off. So we have to trust and support him it's early days yet fingers crossed he sees what most fans can see.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.17:04.