Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th January 2019, 17.04:25   #41-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Walker medical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjack View Post
Why would they pay a fee for him and loan him to us when they can sign him for free in the summer
Who else can he play for?
Old 7th January 2019, 17.04:31   #42-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Kop

logically he's clearly not rated / wanted at Crewe so playing for us on loan from Shrewsbury for the rest of the season is his / their only option??
Old 7th January 2019, 17.07:20   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Who do we blame if Walker signs for Shrewsbury? Is it our fault? Should this of been done and dusted weeks/months ago? I don’t know but I know one thing midfield wasn’t strong enough anyway and now we’ve lost our strongest midfielder, Barrow will need quality replacement ASAP.
Old 7th January 2019, 17.08:32   #44-0 (permalink)
mol
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @molvalentino

The Crewe manager either can’t believe his luck. Or he’s scratching his head wondering what the hell he’s missing
Old 7th January 2019, 17.09:14   #45-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Who do we blame if Walker signs for Shrewsbury? Is it our fault? Should this of been done and dusted weeks/months ago? I donít know but I know one thing midfield wasnít strong enough anyway and now weíve lost our strongest midfielder, Barrow will need quality replacement ASAP.
Agreed. A big loss if true. People will realise how good he was soon enough when we try Wright in that position and realise he canít pass for toffee.
Old 7th January 2019, 17.10:35   #46-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Who do we blame if Walker signs for Shrewsbury? Is it our fault? Should this of been done and dusted weeks/months ago? I donít know but I know one thing midfield wasnít strong enough anyway and now weíve lost our strongest midfielder, Barrow will need quality replacement ASAP.

He's going to sign 2 more forwards and miss them midfield out...

Joking aside in his last interview Barrow hinted Walker was off when he said about replacing him, lots of decent defensive midfielders about I'm sure or Wright will drop back there.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 7th January 2019, 17.13:14   #47-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Agreed. A big loss if true. People will realise how good he was soon enough when we try Wright in that position and realise he canít pass for toffee.
The lack of football know how in this club has cost us yet again. Once we realised he was not wanted at Crewe and was a very good player at this level we should have approached them with a decent offer and on January 1st he could have signed a long term deal with us. Instead, we have dithered around which has allowed the slops to come in and take him from under our nose.

It seems the club is improving in every area off the field and is stumbling around on it, in the hope that some manager will fluke his way to a promotion.
Old 7th January 2019, 17.13:18   #48-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjack View Post
Why would they pay a fee for him and loan him to us when they can sign him for free in the summer
presumably to secure him, which might not be straightforward in the summer.
Old 7th January 2019, 17.13:36   #49-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
He's good but isn't irreplaceable. Nor is he as good as some make out. He doesn't exactly boss the midfield for us does he.

Wright shouldn't be anywhere near our first team regardless, he's useless bar say 1 in ten games or so when he manages a performance.
Old 7th January 2019, 17.14:47   #50-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Is anyone of the opinion he won't be a great loss last Saturday he was dire. To be honest he gives me the idea of a player that's lazy. No way could he play a pressing game that I think Barrow is trying to develop Beavon and Rutherford are clued in to this but with not much success they all have to do this which is not happening at the moment.
Tbh pretty much everyone was dire Saturday.

Can we get better thatís the question?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.46:49.