RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bromley Tuesday Night (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113224-bromley-tuesday-night.html)

davewilli 8th January 2019 09.18:41

Re: Bromley Tuesday Night

Definitely one to aviid defeat. Hopefully a big reaction from Saturday, more 7s & 8s rather than 5s & 6s but I would take a draw before kick off, stop the losing run, keep us in the mix and then give for the players chance to get a heavy programme out of their legs and GB time to work with his amended squad.

EnglishRed 8th January 2019 09.23:05

Tough game against a team we don't usually do well against. No reason we can't win though.

Are Oswell and Stockton both eligible to play?

Phils-an-alki 8th January 2019 09.23:25

[QUOTE=davewilli;2217435]Definitely one to aviid defeat. Hopefully a big reaction from Saturday, more 7s & 8s rather than 5s & 6s but I would take a draw before kick off, stop the losing run, keep us in the mix and then give for the players chance to get a heavy programme out of their legs and GB time to work with his amended squad.[/QUOTE]

They're 13th in the league and you want to "avoid defeat"??

Bizarre. Smacks of making excuses just in case of defeat.

We should expect nothing less than a win.

dixienormous 8th January 2019 09.31:04

I’ll start to worry if we start with the most useless fronline known to man. Goals win games and there are no goals in that frontline, at all.

I’ll take a score draw.

michaelps 8th January 2019 09.40:55

Would probably take the point but then, whilst I'll get shot down for saying this, I think in reality the question is how high we can finish in the play offs. Don't personally think we have any realistic chance of winning the league; not unless Oswell and Stockton hit ground running at least - we just dont' score enough.

I am very surprised though that if it's a draw on Saturday it will go to a replay down at Orient; I'd assumed both sides would have wanted the game decided on the day.

Prodigal Dragon 8th January 2019 09.44:02

This will be a right test of character. Important not to lose, so would be happy-ish with a draw, but we really need a win.

Bromley 1 Wxm 1

Red_Jackoisback 8th January 2019 09.58:52

[QUOTE=michaelps;2217444]Would probably take the point but then, whilst I'll get shot down for saying this, I think in reality the question is how high we can finish in the play offs. Don't personally think we have any realistic chance of winning the league; not unless Oswell and Stockton hit ground running at least - we just dont' score enough.

I am very surprised though that if it's a draw on Saturday it will go to a replay down at Orient; I'd assumed both sides would have wanted the game decided on the day.[/QUOTE]

So if they do hit the deck running we do have a chance! Are you saying they won’t then?

michaelps 8th January 2019 10.00:23

I'm saying they'd have to do it literally from the first game for the rest of the season to give us a chance of winning the league.

Not that well expressed by me perhaps. Any chance we have of winning the league depends on that and is very small in my view. Bookies have us at 10-1, well behind Orient and Salford, that looks the right odds to me.

wrexile 8th January 2019 10.13:12

After Saturday’s debacle, and with new players bedding in, I’d take a draw.
The starting line up will be fascinating and a measure of GB.
I’m hoping that it all clicks and fortune favours us though, so a 1-2 win with Oswell nailed on to get a debut goal.

WhiteKSE 8th January 2019 10.25:56

Tollitt should start - Carra back in for Roberts.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.52:08.