RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bromley Tuesday Night (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113224-bromley-tuesday-night.html)

Sean Reckless 8th January 2019 07.22:29

Bromley Tuesday Night

Game in hand, new signings, an opposition who have won their last 4 at home and our away form poor. 1-0 win anyone?

NottsRed 8th January 2019 07.24:43

Re: Bromley Tuesday Night

After Saturdays display I think we might loose again even with two new strikers.

CRUMBS 8th January 2019 07.25:56

Gotta score first and early I'm afraid , otherwise .

Funny_Old_Game 8th January 2019 07.36:42

2-0 defeat I reckon, we’re awful again.

Beavon, Grant and Rutherford to start.

OneLoveWrexham 8th January 2019 07.41:37

Away form abysmal, plastic pitch, windy, rained a week last Wednesday, a resurgent Bromley in fine form, all the excuses we’ll here tonight when we lose 2-0. This is a must win game though to put us back in the mix and start again with the new players.

pagl 8th January 2019 07.46:00

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2217394]Gotta score first and early I'm afraid , otherwise .[/QUOTE]

Yeh. Were not good if we concede first.
Lets hope GB has kicked their arses after Saturday and we get a reaction.
Our away performances are poor and it has to change if we are going to challenge.

Back of the Kop 8th January 2019 08.05:47

Even this far out from April I feel this is a must win if we are going for the title but we'll yet again start off nervously and give the initiative to Bromley as we have in every away game.

Unless we change our approach I can only see another defeat

BillEBadass 8th January 2019 08.07:27

In many ways this could be the most important game of the season. Loosing games is habit forming and must be overcome before it's too late. To stop the rot a draw wouldn't be a disaster although to remain credible in the race to the title we need the three points.

Bromley 0:1 Wrexham

krux 8th January 2019 08.10:25

plastic pitch. 0-0 at best.

Phils-an-alki 8th January 2019 08.13:30

If we have hopes of winning the league we have to win games like this against mid table fodder. Wholesale changes required to the team needed as well. If Grant, Rutherford and Beavon start after Saturday it will be jaw dropping.

Alan Attack 8th January 2019 08.14:59

2-0 Bromley for me. I saw them for half an hour or so against Sutton on their artificial surface. They went a goal down but got back into the game. Expect plenty of balls into the box from open play and throw ins.

Drury-red 8th January 2019 08.16:05

shithouse a 1-0 win

Oswell 54

wxmdoug 8th January 2019 08.17:18

time to get our arse in gear after the shambles on saturday,

the players need to look at themselves as they have a wonderful chance of being champion .

hope the new strike force gels early and gets some goals to bring back the feel good factor

we need it

on a positive note 2 nil wrexham

grant ,stockton

Red_Jackoisback 8th January 2019 08.29:21

We will win 2 -0 putting the last two games to bed then a good rest till the next league game. Question is. Should we bin aspiration of FAT now and concentrate 100% on the league. I say yes deffo.

OneLoveWrexham 8th January 2019 08.30:44

[QUOTE=Red_Jackoisback;2217423]We will win 2 -0 putting the last two games to bed then a good rest till the next league game. Question is. Should we bin aspiration of FAT now and concentrate 100% on the league. I say yes deffo.[/QUOTE]
Yes

corwenred 8th January 2019 08.32:12

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2217414]If we have hopes of winning the league we have to win games like this against mid table fodder. Wholesale changes required to the team needed as well. If Grant, Rutherford and Beavon start after Saturday it will be jaw dropping.[/QUOTE]

Agree, can maybe see Grant starting behind a front two? But get Tollit in for Rutherford and give Beavon a rest. Bloke looks dead on his feet after Xmas.

We never seem to do well on artificial pitches but I'm going to say a scrappy 1-0 win.

Wiltshire_Red 8th January 2019 08.34:19

Last 2 home games Bromley have beaten Sutton and Fylde and scored 5 goals.

Difficult to see us winning with our away form, and next league game is Fylde away.

I’d be surprised if both new strikers were on from the start.

Hampshire Red 8th January 2019 08.38:16

Don't think we have won at Bromley and best result is last year's 1-1, which if we match wouldn't be disastrous although we really need the win. Can see Oswell starting and Stockton (clearance permitting) coming on from the bench.

Re Saturday's FAT game it's a difficult decision, especially if we lose tonight as it could mean 4 losses on the trot. As Stockton hasn't played many games can see him starting. Will be interesting to see whether Fondop, Holroyd and Deverdics feature in the squad. If not they must surely be on their way.

sionwxm 8th January 2019 08.42:24

We need a win like we had years ago, midweek under the lights at Colchester, with Jeff Whitley and Carl Griffiths making their debuts giving the team a boost and scoring helping us to a 1-3 win?

Bromley 1 v 3 Wrexham. Oswell and Stockton to score.

Colonel D 8th January 2019 08.43:56

Lose 2-1 after going 2-0 down in first half. Better 2nd half pull goal back , but miss chances to level the match.

davewilli 8th January 2019 09.18:41

Definitely one to aviid defeat. Hopefully a big reaction from Saturday, more 7s & 8s rather than 5s & 6s but I would take a draw before kick off, stop the losing run, keep us in the mix and then give for the players chance to get a heavy programme out of their legs and GB time to work with his amended squad.

EnglishRed 8th January 2019 09.23:05

Tough game against a team we don't usually do well against. No reason we can't win though.

Are Oswell and Stockton both eligible to play?

Phils-an-alki 8th January 2019 09.23:25

[QUOTE=davewilli;2217435]Definitely one to aviid defeat. Hopefully a big reaction from Saturday, more 7s & 8s rather than 5s & 6s but I would take a draw before kick off, stop the losing run, keep us in the mix and then give for the players chance to get a heavy programme out of their legs and GB time to work with his amended squad.[/QUOTE]

They're 13th in the league and you want to "avoid defeat"??

Bizarre. Smacks of making excuses just in case of defeat.

We should expect nothing less than a win.

dixienormous 8th January 2019 09.31:04

I’ll start to worry if we start with the most useless fronline known to man. Goals win games and there are no goals in that frontline, at all.

I’ll take a score draw.

michaelps 8th January 2019 09.40:55

Would probably take the point but then, whilst I'll get shot down for saying this, I think in reality the question is how high we can finish in the play offs. Don't personally think we have any realistic chance of winning the league; not unless Oswell and Stockton hit ground running at least - we just dont' score enough.

I am very surprised though that if it's a draw on Saturday it will go to a replay down at Orient; I'd assumed both sides would have wanted the game decided on the day.

Prodigal Dragon 8th January 2019 09.44:02

This will be a right test of character. Important not to lose, so would be happy-ish with a draw, but we really need a win.

Bromley 1 Wxm 1

Red_Jackoisback 8th January 2019 09.58:52

[QUOTE=michaelps;2217444]Would probably take the point but then, whilst I'll get shot down for saying this, I think in reality the question is how high we can finish in the play offs. Don't personally think we have any realistic chance of winning the league; not unless Oswell and Stockton hit ground running at least - we just dont' score enough.

I am very surprised though that if it's a draw on Saturday it will go to a replay down at Orient; I'd assumed both sides would have wanted the game decided on the day.[/QUOTE]

So if they do hit the deck running we do have a chance! Are you saying they won’t then?

michaelps 8th January 2019 10.00:23

I'm saying they'd have to do it literally from the first game for the rest of the season to give us a chance of winning the league.

Not that well expressed by me perhaps. Any chance we have of winning the league depends on that and is very small in my view. Bookies have us at 10-1, well behind Orient and Salford, that looks the right odds to me.

wrexile 8th January 2019 10.13:12

After Saturday’s debacle, and with new players bedding in, I’d take a draw.
The starting line up will be fascinating and a measure of GB.
I’m hoping that it all clicks and fortune favours us though, so a 1-2 win with Oswell nailed on to get a debut goal.

WhiteKSE 8th January 2019 10.25:56

Tollitt should start - Carra back in for Roberts.

Kiddy Dragon 8th January 2019 10.42:51

Bromley have won 5 of their last 6. Not an easy fixture by any means, especially as we dont seem to have recovered well from the Christmas and New Year fixtures.

Haruki 8th January 2019 10.44:01

[QUOTE=WhiteKSE;2217459]Tollitt should start - Carra back in for Roberts.[/QUOTE]

Carra will be in midfield occupying Walkers role

Phils-an-alki 8th January 2019 10.54:26

[quote=haruki;2217464]carra will be in midfield occupying walkers role[/quote]

If he is; hold, me, back.
:31:

John Neals Dynasty 8th January 2019 11.22:37

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2217468]If he is; hold, me, back.
:31:[/QUOTE]

I think Carrington will be to in place of Walker, I love the posters getting in the excuses of happy with a point at a midtable team, if this club is serious about promotion it has to go for the jugular and win tonight no excuses about tiredness aren't Bromley tired?

We seriously need to improve away from home and start playing 90mins not 45 a lots of unknowns tonight with our starting 11 I expect Oswell to deffo start and possibly Stockton as well with Grant in behind them as for the rest it's anyone's guess, as for the result with such a change its hard to predict, if we come out thinking it's a new year kickabout in the local pub car park like last Saturday we will lose 3-0 if we come out showing a positive reaction to the disgrace on Saturday then I think we will win 2-1 but this is Wrexham they like to make us suffer so expect a boring 0-0 draw that's my final answer.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

benwilliams 8th January 2019 11.26:14

I can only see a draw at best but delighted to be proved wrong! Will be very frustrating if at least 2 of Tollitt Stockton and Oswell aren't starting but wouldn't surprise me if all 3 were on the bench! All I want is a bit of attacking intent and bravery.

Ooh aah Paskin 8th January 2019 11.47:59

Really need to win this to make it closer at the top. Orient are stuttering, Salford are beatable. Good chance to start getting more points on the board and put the pressure on.

As for the trophy game on Saturday. It will be interesting due to the fact both teams probably want to lose it!!

davewilli 8th January 2019 12.26:05

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2217439]They're 13th in the league and you want to "avoid defeat"??

Bizarre. Smacks of making excuses just in case of defeat.

We should expect nothing less than a win.[/QUOTE]

Not excuses but a defeat will really knock us back, many good runs abd change of form kick off with a draw and this is a difficult game away to a form team. Hope for a win but 1 points will be better than zilch.

flintred1983 8th January 2019 12.31:18

If we still have hopes of winning the league then it has to be 3 points tonight

Haruki 8th January 2019 12.46:21

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2217468]If he is; hold, me, back.
:31:[/QUOTE]

Well personally i would like to see Luke Young played in that role but Carra went in that position when Walker went off away at Salford so that would suggest it will happen tonight

Tom wafc 8th January 2019 14.09:51

If the front 3 is Grant, Beavon and Rutherford we've got no chance, but if Oswell and Stockton start i'll go for a 2-0 win.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.50:52.