Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th January 2019, 22.30:14   #111-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardo View Post
We’ve lost our best midfielder in Walker whereas we’re now lumbered with Grant unfortunately...
And Akil Wright, Paul Rutherford, Luke Young, Kevin Roberts, Stuart Beavon I can go on, all not good enough but get played and 3 out of these I mentioned get lauded around like Wrexham legends.
Old 8th January 2019, 22.30:35   #112-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
I donít think 3 defeats in a row is a mini crisis, no. But 4 really does spell trouble. Even a draw would break things up...
Priceless
Old 8th January 2019, 22.31:45   #113-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
I donít think 3 defeats in a row is a mini crisis, no. But 4 really does spell trouble. Even a draw would break things up...
Are we counting the LO day trophy game if we lose or are we waiting for Fylde to call it a mini crisis?
Old 8th January 2019, 22.33:56   #114-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilliams View Post
Poor ground at Bromley. Very poor attendance. A referee who gave Bromley 20 free kicks and Wrexham 2 or 3. Looked at least 150 Wrexham fans.
Make no mistake Bromley deserved their win. Once they took the lead they were much the better side. Neat and tidy and mobile in midfield. When they lost the ball they got all players behind. When they broke it was at speed and on the ground. They looked much better coached. Set pieces all worked out and varied and dangerous. What really annoyed me was on 20 minutes. Bromley got a corner. Up went the arm of the corner taker and the ball went beyond the far post just as in the game against Sutton Utd. Lawlor lost his man and the giant centre half headed home. Game over I am afraid. I thought Wrexham had a scout watching southern opponents. I spotted it watching TV. I struggled to see what Wrexham were trying to achieve throughout the game. Lots of passing across the back but eventually a long ball had to be played. If Grant had scored on 15 minutes it might have been different. The first goal was crucial. Pearson hit the bar in the second half but to be fair this is about the only way we look like scoring.
We have got a scout, Rob Ogleby. Hahaha. Yeah, I know.
Old 8th January 2019, 22.34:25   #115-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob0916 View Post
Anyone know what the tactical genius Carl Darlington is up to anyway? This is a few managers he's worked with now and all we've done is played negative football, makes you wonder....
Absolutely. I wonder what he does, what he is saying and coaching, particularly in the last fortnight. And Mike Newell, well, what an impact he has had!!!!

Graham Barrow needs a strong, competent back room staff. I really donít think he has that. In fact I actually personally feel theyíre all a waste of a wage.

They all saw what we saw on Saturday v Dover.
A clueless, gutless, passionless performance.

And they did NOTHING to change the way we play, since that defeat. And so we are beaten again tonight.

The FA Trophy game will probably see some tinkering with the line up.
And then the Fylde away game....well....itís only going to end one way if we donít get ourselves sorted out.

I wonder whether Messrs Harrison and Morrison at Nomads would stand idly by while their players go through the motions? I think not.

Losing is now becoming an acceptable habit here.

The midfield is clearly the main problem area.
Defence is under the cosh due to this, and the attack, no matter who plays up front, isnít getting the service.

Meanwhile, for those who havenít already seen it, Daily Post Player ratings from tonightís game....
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/fo...m-afc-15648956
Old 8th January 2019, 22.35:01   #116-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Priceless
Care to explain?
Old 8th January 2019, 22.36:26   #117-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Liverpool have lost 2 in a row - would you call that a crisis?
Old 8th January 2019, 22.37:57   #118-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
Absolutely. I wonder what he does, what he is saying and coaching, particularly in the last fortnight. And Mike Newell, well, what an impact he has had!!!!

Graham Barrow needs a strong, competent back room staff. I really donít think he has that. In fact I actually personally feel theyíre all a waste of a wage.

They all saw what we saw on Saturday v Dover.
A clueless, gutless, passionless performance.

And they did NOTHING to change the way we play, since that defeat. And so we are beaten again tonight.

The FA Trophy game will probably see some tinkering with the line up.
And then the Fylde away game....well....itís only going to end one way if we donít get ourselves sorted out.

I wonder whether Messrs Harrison and Morrison at Nomads would stand idly by while their players go through the motions? I think not.

Losing is now becoming an acceptable habit here.

The midfield is clearly the main problem area.
Defence is under the cosh due to this, and the attack, no matter who plays up front, isnít getting the service.

Meanwhile, for those who havenít already seen it, Daily Post Player ratings from tonightís game....
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/fo...m-afc-15648956
Those ratings haha. Rutherford has been in ďexcellent formĒ apparently. What, one goal that hit him in the bollocks from 1 yard out and he ran off like heíd scored a Ronnie Radford?
Old 8th January 2019, 22.41:01   #119-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

8 days ago we had just beaten 2 teams in the top 4, we were in 2nd place a point behind Orient with a game in hand, 4 points ahead of Salford with a game in hand and 6 points ahead of Solihull. A hard fought first half of the season with only 3 defeats, and we were hard to beat....just 8 days ago.

Maybe it was just a dream
Old 8th January 2019, 22.42:03   #120-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

I think there is understandably a huge amount of expectation at Wrexham. We didn't do ourselves any favour by hammering Salford and raising those expectations even more. We are going through similar issues to Manchester United before they won the Premier League for the first time. No doubt other teams raise their game. It's like every away match is a cup match. What is worrying is the complete lack of fight, threat etc. Once we go a goal down that is it ! Get real we are not going to win this league and if we do get into the playoffs it is doubtful that we will progress into the League. Getting into the playoffs would be an improvement on last season though.

What I can't figure out is the financial situation though. Yes we should be careful with money but something just doesn't stack up. I am fed up of hearing the same old propaganda drummed out about our ground. Yes it is wonderful having that history BUT with every year that goes by it becomes less and less relevant - particularly to younger fans. I suspect the ground is the elephant in the room. It must be a drain or money is being held back for some reason. The fans seem to be kept in the dark though to an extent. Where has all the money gone ? There have been quite a few windfalls - large attendances well over budget, Ward money, Taylor money, compensation payments. Even if some of these are being paid on the drip it still doesn't explain the inadeqacy of funds provided for the first team. Something ain't right.

I am pleased that at least Barrow hasn't dithered and brought players in early in January.
I do personally think we will make the playoffs. It is too early to write off the new signings. We will get there with trumpet fare and a huge rush of positivity only to be disappointed again and the cycle repeats.

In any business you need to take some risk. Need to roll the dice without gambling away the future.

We need winners here. Winners cost money. The fans will respond with their attendance.

For God's sake we need to believe. Truly believe and roll the dice. Our performance on the pitch matches that off it. Too cautious. Less hashtags and more action.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.30:03.