Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th January 2019, 07.59:34   #181-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Well I've just about thawed out from last night! For those who werent there I can't even begin to describe how clueless and gutless we were. Totally outplayed and I can't name any Wrexham player I'd pick over their Bromley counterpart to be in my team based on last night.

I am seriously worried about barrow and his inability to outfox anyone tactically. Grant has made us worse and I can't see where our next goal is coming from.

It fits a certain agenda to say Barrow was the brains behind the snake and we are better off without him but that is childish and doesn't give Ricketts the credit he deserves for us over achieving so far this season.

I've seen on Twitter that we haven't won a game in 3/4G for at least 3 years and that is a shocking stat which supports my fears having been regularly to the likes of Bromley Maidstone and Sutton that we are mentally beaten on these surfaces before we start.

All in all yes the table still looks fine and there is plenty of the season left so you can get happy clappy about it on paper but the players look bereft of ideas and confidence and I'm not sure Grandad Barrow and his mumbling sidekick are the men to inspire a revival.
Old 9th January 2019, 08.06:10   #182-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
Not disputed, but are they qualified to run a football club, or more specifically, have a relevant input on playing matters? Absolutely not. For Spencer to sit there and state that they have trawled the country for a new manager and found that GB was the best candidate is quite frankly, insulting.
He must think we're all stupid and naïve. Clearly they went after other managers, couldn't get them (an issue in itself) and then persuaded Barrow to take it. I'm guessing but I reckon it took some persuading to convince Barrow to take the job.
I expressed doubts at the time and I'm still baffled why we did that when other managers are out of work who are clearly better qualified and have had recent success. You don't fluke winning a league ffs, as some have suggested.

Last season they did the same, however you want to dress it up, its the cheap option and it was a disaster, so what do they do again this season, the same thing but give him a 2.5 year contract? I mean WTF is that all about? He hasn't been a manager in what 13 years? Then they go and appoint Newell as his assistant who has a very suspect past and character. Why take the risk?
You couldn't write it.

On the flip side this might just be our bad patch this season and you'd have to hope we come through it and start winning again.
If it doesn't improve the board need to look at themselves as they keep appointing the wrong managers, surely sooner or later someone will say enough is enough and question are they the right people to be in that position?

There are no excuses to fall back on anymore, the money argument is gone.
Old 9th January 2019, 08.30:15   #183-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Well I've just about thawed out from last night! For those who werent there I can't even begin to describe how clueless and gutless we were. Totally outplayed and I can't name any Wrexham player I'd pick over their Bromley counterpart to be in my team based on last night.

I am seriously worried about barrow and his inability to outfox anyone tactically. Grant has made us worse and I can't see where our next goal is coming from.

It fits a certain agenda to say Barrow was the brains behind the snake and we are better off without him but that is childish and doesn't give Ricketts the credit he deserves for us over achieving so far this season.

I've seen on Twitter that we haven't won a game in 3/4G for at least 3 years and that is a shocking stat which supports my fears having been regularly to the likes of Bromley Maidstone and Sutton that we are mentally beaten on these surfaces before we start.

All in all yes the table still looks fine and there is plenty of the season left so you can get happy clappy about it on paper but the players look bereft of ideas and confidence and I'm not sure Grandad Barrow and his mumbling sidekick are the men to inspire a revival.
I agree with you that Bromley were man for man better than us. They appeared to be so much better coached. Their midfield passed and moved and made us look very ordinary. To be fair to the players they did keep going in the second half. It takes time for teams to gel we all know but the only change in the first half was Oswell and he was left isolated and hardly looked like an answer in that formation. Playing Grant wide and Rutherford wide just did not work. With Tollitt on and another striker in Stockton we improved and Pearson did hit the bar. The improvement came with gaps in midfield and Bromley should have scored late on. No Beavon meant we had nobody joining up the play or keeping the ball.
Old 9th January 2019, 08.33:43   #184-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Crass statement.
The comment would apply to most football clubs in tiers 3 and below and would likely include some clubs in higher divisions.
Most football club directors receive no pay and have to give financial bonds to be accepted onto club boards. Butchers, bakers etc.
Most of our football club directors are more than qualified to run businesses.
Without doubt, but they seem out of their depth when it comes to getting the right manager here (giving the job to the assistant again even after the last time was a disaster) and when it looks like they have before said manager can do anything here they can't keep hold of them.
You can't just gloss over this, its a clear problem. Doesn't seem to happen to other clubs in this league with similar ambitions to us.
Old 9th January 2019, 08.37:13   #185-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

The board have done a good job on the finances of the club. but on footbaling matters they lack something. No vision whatsoever of youth development and baffling decision on appointing managers. I don't see why for managerial appointments they couldn't bring someone from external onto the interview panel to act as a consultant and adviser, Brian Flynn being an obvious choice.

Last edited by Haruki; 9th January 2019 at 08.45:34..
Old 9th January 2019, 08.40:49   #186-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
The board have done a good job on the finances of the club. but on footbaling matters they lack something. No vision whatsoever of youth development and baffling decision on appointing managers. I don't see why for managerial appointments they couldn't bring someone from eternal onto the interview panel to act as a consultant and adviser, Brian Flynn being an obvious choice.
Don't see how a 90's girl band would be qualified either
Old 9th January 2019, 08.46:20   #187-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Don't see how a 90's girl band would be qualified either
Would they do any worse though? Although i suppose Eternal have lost their links to the Redknapp family lately!!
Old 9th January 2019, 08.49:12   #188-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Someone like Barry Horne i suppose you mean , but was he a success , there's seems a bit of delusion on the playing front from the Board , but bringing someone in to help find a manager could be awkward as they will have possible interest in naming a person .
Old 9th January 2019, 08.57:02   #189-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
Someone like Barry Horne i suppose you mean , but was he a success , there's seems a bit of delusion on the playing front from the Board , but bringing someone in to help find a manager could be awkward as they will have possible interest in naming a person .
Barry Horne was often shot down by the board, he didn't want Mills appointed and saw his arse as a result.

Who looks silly now...
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.32:53.