Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th January 2019, 13.26:28   #226-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwenred View Post
This is going to be a question the board will face constantly. Baffling.
A board that's made up of fans gets away with so much more than your standard football board does. That may well be deserved or earned due to the time energy and effort required all unpaid to do so but does it work to be successful?
Old 9th January 2019, 13.39:06   #227-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Ah right so its all the players fault. You're generalising about many, many players we've had here recently many of whom we couldn't get a tune out of but other clubs do. Why is that?

Saying we just need better players is so simplistic.
We sign players who have had success in this league with other clubs, they come here and bang they just crumble.
So its either poor scouting and recruitment or we just don't have the manager or coaching staff to get the best out of them.

We haven't had consistent performances and goals from a striker for example since Moult left and we even under used him, leaving him out of the side for absolute dross.
How long will this be swept under the carpet for?
Yes, it is a simple truth - but not simplistic - that we need better players. However, I am realistic enough to realise we cannot afford 20 top notch players, simply because we do not have the funds to do so. Consequently, we need a strong core of players, supplemented by players who we can develop, and some loanees that add immediate value.

The manager needs to manage and coach to get the best starting XI to play effective football by scoring goals and winning games. We have struggled to do this well for far too long.

Our current core strength is limited to Lainton, Lawlor, Pearson and Beavon. Our other players are not pulling their weight. It’s too early to state Grant, Oswell and Stockton won’t add value but, clearly, they haven’t had an immediate effect.

My long-held belief is that our midfield is unbalanced and ineffective. That must be resolved ASAP if we are to get into the POs and be promoted. Something we all want and need!
Old 9th January 2019, 13.45:13   #228-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
A board that's made up of fans gets away with so much more than your standard football board does. That may well be deserved or earned due to the time energy and effort required all unpaid to do so but does it work to be successful?
I would suggest that most members of most Boards are volunteers and fans of their club. Why else would they do it?

Our Board decided to give GB a contract before their choice of manager was secured. It is a cross we have to bear, but it may yet work out. Patience is a virtue, especially after years of mismanagement, failure and disappointment.

PS What we lack is a contracted CEO who runs the club on a day-to-day basis, and reports to the Board. That would be a better addition than a Director of Football.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 9th January 2019 at 13.47:19..
Old 9th January 2019, 13.45:59   #229-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: ERS or MRS

Quote:
Ah right so its all the players fault. You're generalising about many, many players we've had here recently many of whom we couldn't get a tune out of but other clubs do. Why is that?

Saying we just need better players is so simplistic.
We sign players who have had success in this league with other clubs, they come here and bang they just crumble.
So its either poor scouting and recruitment or we just don't have the manager or coaching staff to get the best out of them.

We haven't had consistent performances and goals from a striker for example since Moult left and we even under used him, leaving him out of the side for absolute dross.
How long will this be swept under the carpet for?
Agree with this.

You'd have to be a bluddy good striker to score in this team. Somebody who carves chances out for themselves. How many times do our strikers get a one on one in a game? maybe once every 4 games?
We dont create enough, and its not down to personnel, its down to style of play.

We are too scared to open up and play football because if we concede we do not have any belief that we can score 2+ to win.

We have come from behind to win once this season. There is no plan B in this team.
Old 9th January 2019, 13.57:02   #230-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2218467]Yes, it is a simple truth - but not simplistic - that we need better players. However, I am realistic enough to realise we cannot afford 20 top notch players, simply because we do not have the funds to do so. Consequently, we need a strong core of players, supplemented by players who we can develop, and some loanees that add immediate value.

The manager needs to manage and coach to get the best starting XI to play effective football by scoring goals and winning games. We have struggled to do this well for far too long.

Our current core strength is limited to Lainton, Lawlor, Pearson and Beavon. Our other players are not pulling their weight. It’s too early to state Grant, Oswell and Stockton won’t add value but, clearly, they haven’t had an immediate effect.

The fact Pearson was bollocking them on the pitch toward half time on Tuesday shows he still has heart. Thing is we are close to the top of the league, players should be thinking put a shift into tonight and its another step closer to a promotion on my CV. That's not happening and tbh it looks like a few players have given up.
Old 9th January 2019, 14.14:22   #231-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Yes, it is a simple truth - but not simplistic - that we need better players. However, I am realistic enough to realise we cannot afford 20 top notch players, simply because we do not have the funds to do so. Consequently, we need a strong core of players, supplemented by players who we can develop, and some loanees that add immediate value.

My long-held belief is that our midfield is unbalanced and ineffective. That must be resolved ASAP if we are to get into the POs and be promoted. Something we all want and need!
What about the ever growing list of players who are proven yet fail here?

I agree about midfield, people screaming for strikers were missing the real issue.
Old 9th January 2019, 14.18:59   #232-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
I would suggest that most members of most Boards are volunteers and fans of their club. Why else would they do it?

Our Board decided to give GB a contract before their choice of manager was secured. It is a cross we have to bear, but it may yet work out. Patience is a virtue, especially after years of mismanagement, failure and disappointment.

PS What we lack is a contracted CEO who runs the club on a day-to-day basis, and reports to the Board. That would be a better addition than a Director of Football.
I understand who they are and why they do it, is it working though? How many football failures must we endure before they look at themselves? I'm not having a pop at them just asking the question.

Edit, the above is worded badly. What mechanisms are there for change to the football board if things aren't working?

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 9th January 2019 at 14.27:00..
Old 9th January 2019, 14.22:22   #233-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

I think the only explanation as to why Barrow was initially given the 2.5 year assistant manager contract was that we were counting on Lawrence coming in as manager.

That didn't transpire for whatever reason, the club failed to attract any other managers due to the fact they wouldn't be able to bring their own people in (a fair point) and the Board were 'forced' to enter into talks with Barrow, who seemed to become more interested in the job as he was in temporary charge.

Personally I don't want to see Barrow go.... yet. Obviously if results continue to drop and there is a possibility of not making the play offs then that situation may arise.
Old 9th January 2019, 14.43:44   #234-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I think the only explanation as to why Barrow was initially given the 2.5 year assistant manager contract was that we were counting on Lawrence coming in as manager.

That didn't transpire for whatever reason, the club failed to attract any other managers due to the fact they wouldn't be able to bring their own people in (a fair point) and the Board were 'forced' to enter into talks with Barrow, who seemed to become more interested in the job as he was in temporary charge.

Personally I don't want to see Barrow go.... yet. Obviously if results continue to drop and there is a possibility of not making the play offs then that situation may arise.
If that's the case then it was a bloody foolish move then. Im sure Barrow wouldn't have been going anywhere so why do that?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.24:12.