Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th January 2019, 22.14:16   #91-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
I am rather down after tonight’s game, but did we really think that the two new forwards would gel straight away. They don’t know our style of play. It sounded like a toothless display which is worrying.
Saying that, I will probably take the car to fylde - should see some goals. We are third or fourth in the table. Does that warrant the bile that I have heard tonight?
Well said, the 3 new additions to the squad need time to settle in, and the remainder of the squad need to get familiar with playing them. Unfortunately at this club there is very little patience there are occasions when fresh faces hit the ground running. I wil make my judgement on GB and the squad at the end of Feb.
Old 8th January 2019, 22.17:49   #92-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

GB has a lot to do to regain the credibility we have lost these past few games. Folk can pontificate about how and why GB got the job, but that will not resolve the hole we are beginning to dig for ourselves. I did find it strange we appointed GB as assistant before a manager had been appointed, and was surprised he took the main post having said he did not want it. Nevertheless, it is far too early to castigate him and the Board when we still have more than a third of the season to play.

We still need a midfield general to take control of our workmanlike midfield, and we somehow need to start with Tollitt, Grant, Oswell and Stockton. It would have been marvellous if they had all clicked tonight, but that would have been wishful thinking.

Progressing in the FA Trophy should not be our objective on Saturday, but we can use the game to rest some players who are clearly knackered or need a rest, and also try a simple formation with new players playing together so they can gain some much needed game-time as a unit.

It's not surprising morale amongst the troops has plummeted, but now is not the time to give up on our chances of promotion, probably via the POs. However, without bringing in a quality midfielder - Walker would be a welcome return, but he is not the creative player we desperately need - I fail to see how we can take advantage of where we are. This has been the case since the opening game against Fylde, and our next away game to them will be one hell of a struggle, as things stand.

So, GB and the players need to prove the fans wrong PDQ!
Old 8th January 2019, 22.18:06   #93-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Scott Boden has almost scored twice as many as any of our players.

Scott

Boden.
I still stand by what I said before. For some reason players who score goals for fun at other teams never seem to hit the ground running here. Same with other players too. I do not know what it is, whether its the expectation or just poor management. Players who do well with other teams always struggle here!
Old 8th January 2019, 22.19:07   #94-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Barrow refuses to drop certain players or change the formation for any opposition. He brings players in on loan and then doesn't start them. They must be wondering what is the point in joining us.

There is obviously an undroppable group of players that can't do anything wrong in his eyes.
Old 8th January 2019, 22.19:37   #95-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
GB has a lot to do to regain the credibility we have lost these past few games. Folk can pontificate about how and why GB got the job, but that will not resolve the hole we are beginning to dig for ourselves. I did find it strange we appointed GB as assistant before a manager had been appointed, and was surprised he took the main post having said he did not want it. Nevertheless, it is far too early to castigate him and the Board when we still have more than a third of the season to play.

We still need a midfield general to take control of our workmanlike midfield, and we somehow need to start with Tollitt, Grant, Oswell and Stockton. It would have been marvellous if they had all clicked tonight, but that would have been wishful thinking.

Progressing in the FA Trophy should not be our objective on Saturday, but we can use the game to rest some players who are clearly knackered or need a rest, and also try a simple formation with new players playing together so they can gain some much needed game-time as a unit.

It's not surprising morale amongst the troops has plummeted, but now is not the time to give up on our chances of promotion, probably via the POs. However, without bringing in a quality midfielder - Walker would be a welcome return, but he is not the creative player we desperately need - I fail to see how we can take advantage of where we are. This has been the case since the opening game against Fylde, and our next away game to them will be one hell of a struggle, as things stand.

So, GB and the players need to prove the fans wrong PDQ!

Bet we'll get battered at Fylde. Rowe hat trick
Old 8th January 2019, 22.21:15   #96-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob0916 View Post
Barrow refuses to drop certain players or change the formation for any opposition. He brings players in on loan and then doesn't start them. They must be wondering what is the point in joining us.

There is obviously an undroppable group of players that can't do anything wrong in his eyes.
Yes totaly agree. He seems to like Summerfield, Grant, Pearson, Jennings, Roberts, Beavon and Rutherford. The rest are always changing. I'd give Fondop a go and also start Tollitt.
Old 8th January 2019, 22.22:36   #97-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

We should go into every game looking to win, regardless if it’s the Fa Trophy or not. 4 defeats in a row would be a mini crisis.
Old 8th January 2019, 22.23:00   #98-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Scott Boden has almost scored twice as many as any of our players.

Scott

Boden.
I said after the Dover game we could have the best striker in the world playing for us and they would struggle in this squad. We need someone in midfield who can pass and up the pace of the game.
Old 8th January 2019, 22.23:25   #99-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Anyone know what the tactical genius Carl Darlington is up to anyway? This is a few managers he's worked with now and all we've done is played negative football, makes you wonder....
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.52:45.