Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th January 2019, 14.54:09   #235-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
If that's the case then it was a bloody foolish move then. Im sure Barrow wouldn't have been going anywhere so why do that?
Agree. If my outlandish guesses are the correct story, its a crazy situation!

But then why give Barrow a 2.5 year contract as Assistant without knowing who the manager is going to be. You immediately narrow the field of possibles.

As you said, Barrow was committed to staying in temporary charge, why did we feel the need to suddenly issue a contract that was ultimately superseded a week or so later?

The whole situation seems bizarre and I have no idea what was going on in the heads of those on the Board.
Old 9th January 2019, 14.59:56   #236-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

It was a *really* poor performance, not helped by how cold it got in the second half.

Few points:
- Lainton's kicking is really doing my head in now, they go so high! Hit them flatter!
- Roberts I thought put in the worst performance I have seen from him, so many aimless balls forward. There was no link-up whatsoever between him and Grant (who was right-wing for majority). And some really poor defending. Carrington must be wondering how he has lost the right-back position
- Young again anonymous for the match
- Do not know what Grant's best position is (or even any position he is half decent and effective in)
- Tollitt barely involved, same with Stockton; after both came on start of the second half when we expected a reaction
- I remember a speculative long range effort from Grant which clipped the bar and over, a Pearson header from a corner tipped onto the bar, and maybe a Stockton header that went wide (it may have gone well wide but difficult to tell from away end). Point is, we barely created anything at all of note
Old 9th January 2019, 15.06:52   #237-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

It seems either we do not know what to do with 'attacking midfielders' or our system just does not have a role for them.

Both Deverdics and Grant seem to have struggled.
Old 9th January 2019, 15.07:42   #238-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I think the only explanation as to why Barrow was initially given the 2.5 year assistant manager contract was that we were counting on Lawrence coming in as manager.

That didn't transpire for whatever reason, the club failed to attract any other managers due to the fact they wouldn't be able to bring their own people in (a fair point) and the Board were 'forced' to enter into talks with Barrow, who seemed to become more interested in the job as he was in temporary charge.

Personally I don't want to see Barrow go.... yet. Obviously if results continue to drop and there is a possibility of not making the play offs then that situation may arise.
That would be my take on events. I think the Board wanted to reward GB for his loyalty, which is fine, but it clearly wasn’t the Board’s intent for GB to be No1. We may eventually discover the decision making process but, whether we agree or not, we are where we are.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 9th January 2019 at 15.12:27..
Old 9th January 2019, 15.17:57   #239-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I understand who they are and why they do it, is it working though? How many football failures must we endure before they look at themselves? I'm not having a pop at them just asking the question.

Edit, the above is worded badly. What mechanisms are there for change to the football board if things aren't working?
The Board are mostly doing a good job but we measure success by promotion back into the FL, not trendy initiatives and PowerPoint presentations, necessary though those things are.

If we are to spend any of this much talked about bonus money, it should be spent on a top notch midfielder.

PS I agree with you that Walker isn’t good enough to fill the missing-link slot, but he could do a job, albeit he is again not that consistent.
Old 9th January 2019, 15.28:09   #240-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifaking View Post
It was a *really* poor performance, not helped by how cold it got in the second half.

Few points:
- Lainton's kicking is really doing my head in now, they go so high! Hit them flatter!
- Roberts I thought put in the worst performance I have seen from him, so many aimless balls forward. There was no link-up whatsoever between him and Grant (who was right-wing for majority). And some really poor defending. Carrington must be wondering how he has lost the right-back position
- Young again anonymous for the match
- Do not know what Grant's best position is (or even any position he is half decent and effective in)
- Tollitt barely involved, same with Stockton; after both came on start of the second half when we expected a reaction
- I remember a speculative long range effort from Grant which clipped the bar and over, a Pearson header from a corner tipped onto the bar, and maybe a Stockton header that went wide (it may have gone well wide but difficult to tell from away end). Point is, we barely created anything at all of note
That Roberts starts before Carrington is scandalous.

We look devoid of ideas at the moment, and yet between them Barrow and Newell have years and years of experience. They must have some idea on how to get us back on track. Surely. Haven't they?
Old 9th January 2019, 15.30:35   #241-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
If that's the case then it was a bloody foolish move then. Im sure Barrow wouldn't have been going anywhere so why do that?
To impress fans as "loyalty" was the buzz word when Sam left
Old 9th January 2019, 15.32:41   #242-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I wonder if Barrow has gripped any of the players around the throat yet?
That'll certainly increase his popularity amongst some fans.
Old 9th January 2019, 15.38:57   #243-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I wonder if Barrow has gripped any of the players around the throat yet?
That'll certainly increase his popularity amongst some fans.
If he reads the posts on here in the last 18 hrs he will be gripping a fan by the neck.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.49:46.