Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th January 2019, 23.23:59   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Barrow, Cheap Option & Danny Ward money

Very early days in his managerial reign but the signs are not good.
After Andy Davies you would have thought we would have learnt our lesson with promoting an assistant manager. Davies blew last season for us and we are now on a similar downward spiral-Salford was a oneoff.We did not however have to pay off Davies luckily-however in Barrow we have a 2.5 year contract situation and an assistant on same deal. Why on earth did we not just give him a deal until end of season with a renewal dependant on performance-no one would have questioned that given Barrow's 13 year sabbatical from managing. Seems virtually like we have the money for once so let's show it.
I did have concerns about whether Barrow was right person to spend Ward monies and some of the signings are questionable already. Now concerned that the next installment of the Ward monies might be in relation to a change of manager.
The board were forgiven for Gary Mills fiasco and the Andy Davies naivety. If Graham Barrow does not work out the calls for a change will resurface. The board do a huge amount of brilliant work on an unpaid basis but fans only have a certain level of tolerance. Did say when appointment was made that it could backfire on the board which gives me no pleasure whatsoever.
Old 8th January 2019, 23.26:51   #2-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Default Re: Barrow, Cheap Option & Danny Ward money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Very early days in his managerial reign but the signs are not good.
After Andy Davies you would have thought we would have learnt our lesson with promoting an assistant manager. Davies blew last season for us and we are now on a similar downward spiral-Salford was a oneoff.We did not however have to pay off Davies luckily-however in Barrow we have a 2.5 year contract situation and an assistant on same deal. Why on earth did we not just give him a deal until end of season with a renewal dependant on performance-no one would have questioned that given Barrow's 13 year sabbatical from managing. Seems virtually like we have the money for once so let's show it.
I did have concerns about whether Barrow was right person to spend Ward monies and some of the signings are questionable already. Now concerned that the next installment of the Ward monies might be in relation to a change of manager.
The board were forgiven for Gary Mills fiasco and the Andy Davies naivety. If Graham Barrow does not work out the calls for a change will resurface. The board do a huge amount of brilliant work on an unpaid basis but fans only have a certain level of tolerance. Did say when appointment was made that it could backfire on the board which gives me no pleasure whatsoever.
Barrow is not the answer. He has favourites. Some players not been given a chance. See how we get on but if we still don't win away from home and we still cannot score then alarm bells should be ringing from the boards point of view and fans as well!
Old 8th January 2019, 23.43:51   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

If results don’t changed he can be sacked, simple. Contracts meant nothing these days. However he deserves a few more games with the new signings but if it’s still not good then I hope the board don’t dither and do the right thing
Old 8th January 2019, 23.52:33   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Only thing that worried me was his lack of rotation in recent games.Thought we'd see some freshening up at Salford,during a very busy period,but gave him benefit of doubt,'important game','best side' and all that.But frustrating on Sat before game,when I saw him putting out more or less the same side AGAIN [our fifth game in 14 days,and another to come tonight].We don't have a huge squad,true,but we have had options available and his reluctance to freshen things up gave me the impression of someone who's not that flexible in his thinking.T'was a worry, to be sure.

I sincerely hope to be proven wrong.
Old 8th January 2019, 23.54:13   #5-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

I like Barrow .

The thing that worries me is whether he is too old school and dated in his ways. Bringing in Newell didn’t ease these concerns.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th January 2019, 23.56:15   #6-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

I think a lot of players are too blame for tonite.
To perform so badly after Saturday shows a lack of respect for GB and the fans.

GB knows the squad isnt good enough hence 3 signings and maybe a few more are needed.

I think Grant will prove a huge mistake, Summerfield seems lost, Wright isnt good enough for CM and Young is out of his depth. Add Ruthers and Roberts to the mix and its hardly a surprise we look disjointed.

GB can make changes this week and I think needs to consider the same for the next league game. If we leave it as it is we will get the same results.
Hopefully Walker is back but it then needs a new CM with him and switch to a more solid 442 with Tollitt RM and Beavon LM. At least we will get effort.
Old 9th January 2019, 00.27:50   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I think a lot of players are too blame for tonite.
To perform so badly after Saturday shows a lack of respect for GB and the fans.

GB knows the squad isnt good enough hence 3 signings and maybe a few more are needed.

I think Grant will prove a huge mistake, Summerfield seems lost, Wright isnt good enough for CM and Young is out of his depth. Add Ruthers and Roberts to the mix and its hardly a surprise we look disjointed.

GB can make changes this week and I think needs to consider the same for the next league game. If we leave it as it is we will get the same results.
Hopefully Walker is back but it then needs a new CM with him and switch to a more solid 442 with Tollitt RM and Beavon LM. At least we will get effort.
Grant was signed originally by Ricketts so did not have to extend his deal at all. Surprised Barrow did not go after Henry Jones from Bala (Fylde last season) given he would know him. Would score more goals and definitely cheaper.
Needs to realise quickly too that if you do not score you will not win games-so not sensible to play Summerfield, Rutherford, Beavon, Grant, Wright together as all are poor finishers unfortunately.
Old 9th January 2019, 04.12:54   #8-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Grant was signed originally by Ricketts so did not have to extend his deal at all. Surprised Barrow did not go after Henry Jones from Bala (Fylde last season) given he would know him. Would score more goals and definitely cheaper.
Needs to realise quickly too that if you do not score you will not win games-so not sensible to play Summerfield, Rutherford, Beavon, Grant, Wright together as all are poor finishers unfortunately.
Defences win titles, goals win games.
Based on the the 5 games then were going to struggle with both.

3 games in 2019 and no goals and no clean sheets.
Old 9th January 2019, 07.34:07   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Defences win titles, goals win games.
Based on the the 5 games then were going to struggle with both.

3 games in 2019 and no goals and no clean sheets.
Pretty damming Pagl-and you still get people turning round saying can't win them all or let's stick together.. Barrow mentioning centre half and not a midfielder does not bode well either. Risk is will end playing long ball and he will be the new Brian Little. That would make the Racecourse toxic.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.38:01.