RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   No more key board warriors. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113233-no-more-key-board-warriors.html)

Alan Attack 9th January 2019 13.55:31

Re: No more key board warriors.

[QUOTE=michaelps;2218471]In the first instance as the board are volunteers and have done a good job really in difficult circumstances (and are all true fans) I think e-mailing them is the best approach. They are all approachable decent people.

I intend to e-mail them to suggest it is clearly in the interests of the club to appoint a full time CEO, with a business background and ideally a sports background as well, to help out the board. It seems clear to me and I think others from various threads that the board need some professional assistance.

Hopefully they will take this on board and remedy that deficiency, which should surely help them out as well. If they don't then if e-mails don't work formal resolutions to that effect (or on any other issues of concern to people/trust members) at the next AGM would be the follow up in my view.[/QUOTE]

The CEO is a sound enough idea but they’d want a salary in excess of 60k a year.

Hometown Unicorn 9th January 2019 14.00:38

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2218476]The CEO is a sound enough idea but they’d want a salary in excess of 60k a year.[/QUOTE]

We have the money. I think it'd be a worthwhile investment.

Birdy 9th January 2019 14.08:00

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2218476]The CEO is a sound enough idea but they’d want a salary in excess of 60k a year.[/QUOTE]

Thats fine as long as the CEO can recoup that expenditure somehow then its alot better than what we currently have.

krux 9th January 2019 14.08:43

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2218478]We have the money. I think it'd be a worthwhile investment.[/QUOTE]

we have now,but 3 more years without a conference escape and the ward money will have gone.

RED2309 9th January 2019 14.50:19

Think you'd have to double that in reality to get a good appointment.

Alan Attack 9th January 2019 15.01:58

[QUOTE=RED2309;2218505]Think you'd have to double that in reality to get a good appointment.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I also agree that said CEO should be able to recoup their salary (and some).

John Neals Dynasty 9th January 2019 15.32:31

[QUOTE=krux;2218485]we have now,but 3 more years without a conference escape and the ward money will have gone.[/QUOTE]

Exactly once the moneys gone the begging bowls will be back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 9th January 2019 15.40:35

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2218548]Exactly once the moneys gone the begging bowls will be back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

That’s why we need to seek investment.

Prodigal Dragon 9th January 2019 15.46:31

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2218440]Who said they wanted their suggestions formally looked at? Its a debate on a forum, not a board meeting.

I think people lack an understanding of what RP is for.[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstand 138’s issue.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.58:57.