RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   No more key board warriors. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113233-no-more-key-board-warriors.html)

Reds4life 8th January 2019 22.57:35

No more key board warriors.

The next meeting has to be with the real owners of our great club. Make sure you are there. Oh sorry are there elections for our board. .oops.

pagl 8th January 2019 22.59:24

Re: No more key board warriors.

Oops is about right. Leave the drugs alone just say no.

138+NotOut 9th January 2019 10.52:05

Hate how if you challenge anything to do with the club online you're a keyboard warrior. Theres a lot the club so well and somethings I personally raise online because I want the club to do it better, it doesn't mean I'm a keyboard warrior or anti trust. I raise them online because surprisingly enough I don't feel that raising it in a meeting or and AGM I would feel comfortable because it's going into the lions den where it would likely be squashed or ignored

Phils-an-alki 9th January 2019 11.18:57

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2218396]Hate how if you challenge anything to do with the club online you're a keyboard warrior. Theres a lot the club so well and somethings I personally raise online because I want the club to do it better, it doesn't mean I'm a keyboard warrior or anti trust. I raise them online because surprisingly enough I don't feel that raising it in a meeting or and AGM I would feel comfortable because it's going into the lions den where it would likely be squashed or ignored[/QUOTE]

Or you're labelled a WUM by spineless posters who won't get involved in debate and just snipe from the side lines.

Rob 9th January 2019 11.27:28

[QUOTE=Reds4life;2218276]The next meeting has to be with the real owners of our great club. Make sure you are there. Oh sorry are there elections for our board. .oops.[/QUOTE]

What were the turnout figures for the last few elections, how engaged are people in the process?

Prodigal Dragon 9th January 2019 11.52:11

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2218396]Hate how if you challenge anything to do with the club online you're a keyboard warrior. Theres a lot the club so well and somethings I personally raise online because I want the club to do it better, it doesn't mean I'm a keyboard warrior or anti trust. I raise them online because surprisingly enough I don't feel that raising it in a meeting or and AGM I would feel comfortable because it's going into the lions den where it would likely be squashed or ignored[/QUOTE]

Whilst the Board may read RP - or are aware of the latest trend on it - that does not necessarily mean your ideas and suggestions - whether good, bad or silly - will be formally looked at.

If you are uncomfortable raising these at a public meeting, why not write an email to all Board members and ask for an acknowledgement of receipt?

RP has its usage as a sounding-board but it is not an effective means to bring about change.

Phils-an-alki 9th January 2019 11.55:09

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2218438]Whilst the Board may read RP - or are aware of the latest trend on it - that does not necessarily mean your ideas and suggestions - whether good, bad or silly - will be formally looked at.

If you are uncomfortable raising these at a public meeting, why not write an email to all Board members and ask for an acknowledgement of receipt?

RP has its usage as a sounding-board but it is not an effective means to bring about change.[/QUOTE]

Who said they wanted their suggestions formally looked at? Its a debate on a forum, not a board meeting.

I think people lack an understanding of what RP is for.

Quay Red 9th January 2019 12.40:59

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2218440][COLOR="Red"]Who said they wanted their suggestions formally looked at?[/COLOR] Its a debate on a forum, not a board meeting.

I think people lack an understanding of what RP is for.[/QUOTE]

If you read 138's original post you will note that he feels uncomfortable about bringing forward suggestions at an AGM.
He never mentioned the word 'formal'
I understand how he feels as I'm never really comfortable addressing a large gathering.
From my limited experience, board members are easy to locate, talk to and generally happy to discuss matters.
The AGM can be a platform for suggestions as can the WST board and members meetings. Write / 'E' Mail members and your thoughts will be considered.

michaelps 9th January 2019 12.46:49

In the first instance as the board are volunteers and have done a good job really in difficult circumstances (and are all true fans) I think e-mailing them is the best approach. They are all approachable decent people.

I intend to e-mail them to suggest it is clearly in the interests of the club to appoint a full time CEO, with a business background and ideally a sports background as well, to help out the board. It seems clear to me and I think others from various threads that the board need some professional assistance.

Hopefully they will take this on board and remedy that deficiency, which should surely help them out as well. If they don't then if e-mails don't work formal resolutions to that effect (or on any other issues of concern to people/trust members) at the next AGM would be the follow up in my view.

Alan Attack 9th January 2019 12.55:31

[QUOTE=michaelps;2218471]In the first instance as the board are volunteers and have done a good job really in difficult circumstances (and are all true fans) I think e-mailing them is the best approach. They are all approachable decent people.

I intend to e-mail them to suggest it is clearly in the interests of the club to appoint a full time CEO, with a business background and ideally a sports background as well, to help out the board. It seems clear to me and I think others from various threads that the board need some professional assistance.

Hopefully they will take this on board and remedy that deficiency, which should surely help them out as well. If they don't then if e-mails don't work formal resolutions to that effect (or on any other issues of concern to people/trust members) at the next AGM would be the follow up in my view.[/QUOTE]

The CEO is a sound enough idea but they’d want a salary in excess of 60k a year.

Hometown Unicorn 9th January 2019 13.00:38

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2218476]The CEO is a sound enough idea but they’d want a salary in excess of 60k a year.[/QUOTE]

We have the money. I think it'd be a worthwhile investment.

Birdy 9th January 2019 13.08:00

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2218476]The CEO is a sound enough idea but they’d want a salary in excess of 60k a year.[/QUOTE]

Thats fine as long as the CEO can recoup that expenditure somehow then its alot better than what we currently have.

krux 9th January 2019 13.08:43

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2218478]We have the money. I think it'd be a worthwhile investment.[/QUOTE]

we have now,but 3 more years without a conference escape and the ward money will have gone.

RED2309 9th January 2019 13.50:19

Think you'd have to double that in reality to get a good appointment.

Alan Attack 9th January 2019 14.01:58

[QUOTE=RED2309;2218505]Think you'd have to double that in reality to get a good appointment.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I also agree that said CEO should be able to recoup their salary (and some).

John Neals Dynasty 9th January 2019 14.32:31

[QUOTE=krux;2218485]we have now,but 3 more years without a conference escape and the ward money will have gone.[/QUOTE]

Exactly once the moneys gone the begging bowls will be back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 9th January 2019 14.40:35

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2218548]Exactly once the moneys gone the begging bowls will be back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

That’s why we need to seek investment.

Prodigal Dragon 9th January 2019 14.46:31

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2218440]Who said they wanted their suggestions formally looked at? Its a debate on a forum, not a board meeting.

I think people lack an understanding of what RP is for.[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstand 138’s issue.

mold road trendy 9th January 2019 14.47:18

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2218548]Exactly once the moneys gone the begging bowls will be back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

When did they get put away !!! Lol

DoomandGloom 9th January 2019 15.16:29

Chester tried it and it failed miserably.

Seems if you're earning that kind of money (They were allegedly paying circa £100k) you need to justify it and start trying to do everything yourself. They then lost some of their better directors and ended up taking anyone who applied, even though they had little or no useful skills. Once they almost ruined the club (Allegedly :-) ) they left and now they are struggling to get any directors in the place.

There's always the dilemma then of why should people volunteer if others are paid?

Not saying the same would happen here but I think at the moment a lot of this is a reaction to a couple of bad results, bath and bath water spring to mind. Lots needs to happen quickly but the support team, playing team and manager deserve the opportunity to try and put it right.

138+NotOut 9th January 2019 15.21:55

I don't necessarily mean officially look at things. I'm not stupid enough to realise that all my thoughts are practical and are needed but simple things when directed to board members for example on social media are ignored

John Neals Dynasty 9th January 2019 15.26:56

[QUOTE=mold road trendy;2218566]When did they get put away !!! Lol[/QUOTE]

Fair point 😂 Every game you go to now their is someone with a bucket collecting for some charity or other, I've no problems with that as nobody is forced to give and charities need as much help as possible, but you never see a programme seller in the Techend.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hometown Unicorn 9th January 2019 17.23:28

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2218560]That’s why we need to seek investment.[/QUOTE]

Our board are seeking investment on a part time basis though. They all have paying jobs as well as their board responsibilities.

eosceiriog 9th January 2019 17.37:07

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2218650]Our board are seeking investment on a part time basis though. They all have paying jobs as well as their board responsibilities.[/QUOTE]

I do not doubt for one second their integrity and that they are jolly good chaps with the club at heart. In fact the flack they stand to get leads me to believe most are heroic or just plain daft to even think about getting involved.

However, those who are legally responsible for the direction of the business cannot be excused various matters simply on the grounds of being part time (or full time). The law does not differentiate and neither should we.

If someone does not have the time to do (any) job properly then they should not take it on.

This is not to say we are not grateful or appreciative of the efforts of many good works but with authority comes responsibility.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.52:53.