Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th January 2019, 09.43:32   #41-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: anywhere
Real Name: Brian Williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Seems the players are throwing in the towel though. The fans are just passing opinions.
Bromley game is reported as our worst display of the season. If the players cannot respond after 2 defeats what are the fans supposed to think.

Grants being made out as a scapegoat but his form has been poor and I really dont understand the point of signing him. Hopefully GB will bring in another 2 players but if the current players cant motivate themselves were going to drop like a stone down this league just like last season.
Well I was there on Tuesday and I do not think I saw any evidence of the players throwing the towel in. To me they were trying all the way through but the tactics and style of play was not clear. We had a very hard Christmas and the players may well be tired and there may not be much preparation time. However Bromley played Sutton Utd, Fylde and then us in the space of a week and they won them all. They did not look at all tired or jaded although I understand that their pitch is a big advantage to them. We were trying we were just outplayed and out thought. At the end several of the players came over to the fans to recognise it was a long way for many and a cold night. Grant even got in discussion with one of the unhappy fans. I saw no reason to boo the players. We all want Wrexham to do well. I have been going since the late 1950's. We have to accept that losing 2 managers in a year is very disruptive. We have the basics of a good side. A new blend is required to make us more dangerous and we do need a midfielder who can stitch things together. Summerfield did ok on Tuesday but we were outplayed in midfield by a Bromley side who would challenge for promotion with this side. However their problem like many in this division is they really only have 13 or 14 good players and when injuries or suspensions hit they like Aldershot just fall off.
Old 10th January 2019, 11.17:40   #42-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
LOL, balanced, you missed the bizarre part about dinners and murder then.

not sure if serious.
His analogy was as trivial and flippant as many of the comments on here.

You imply anyone can say what they like - not sure that’s so, because libel rules still apply - on this forum, but then rubbish anyone you disagree with.

To my knowledge, he has no intention of murdering his m’am, but suspect a few other nameless posters might be in his cross-hairs.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 10th January 2019, 12.36:23   #43-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: Kevin
Twitter: @





Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
No i wasn't meaning to imply it was relevant to just that game, as you say he is the same in every interview as I said on a previous thread l, it's one of 2 things 1 he is shy or 2 he lacks confidence
Posted via mobile theme
Older guy not being comfortable with new technology maybe ? My father in law has kittens everytime his smart phone goes off
Old 10th January 2019, 13.20:45   #44-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilliams View Post
Well I was there on Tuesday and I do not think I saw any evidence of the players throwing the towel in. To me they were trying all the way through but the tactics and style of play was not clear.
I meant performance wise. GB said it was our worst performance of the season which on the back of 2 defeats isn't a good sign.

Effort wise then the players can run around for 90 minutes but it is about being effective in what you do and it seems from your assessment then it was pretty dire. Hard to fathom out really but for me its leadership and having some direction in the pattern of play.

A midfield of Wright, Young and Summerfield is pretty much rudderless.
Old 10th January 2019, 16.37:27   #45-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: anywhere
Real Name: Brian Williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I meant performance wise. GB said it was our worst performance of the season which on the back of 2 defeats isn't a good sign.

Effort wise then the players can run around for 90 minutes but it is about being effective in what you do and it seems from your assessment then it was pretty dire. Hard to fathom out really but for me its leadership and having some direction in the pattern of play.

A midfield of Wright, Young and Summerfield is pretty much rudderless.
Well performance wise it was not great. We were in it until they scored. Oswell was completely isolated. Grant on one side and Rutherford on the other I think. Only Akil looked as if he might break through. I am still to be convinced by Grant. One decent shot in 90 minutes. Second half the team came out there was a sharpener routine done with the whole team and I thought they gave it a better go with Oswell and Stockton up front. We also had two wide players but Summerfield and Young were outnumbered in the middle of the field. Bromley reminded me of Aldershot last season. Really neat midfield players who all knew what their jobs were. At the games I have been to over the last two seasons we are threatened in two ways. Either pace out wide or teams that have a clever 10 who can get at our back two. We really missed Walker on Tuesday.
Old 10th January 2019, 18.11:07   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END
Real Name: GRAHAM
Twitter: @





Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilliams View Post
Well performance wise it was not great. We were in it until they scored. Oswell was completely isolated. Grant on one side and Rutherford on the other I think. Only Akil looked as if he might break through. I am still to be convinced by Grant. One decent shot in 90 minutes. Second half the team came out there was a sharpener routine done with the whole team and I thought they gave it a better go with Oswell and Stockton up front. We also had two wide players but Summerfield and Young were outnumbered in the middle of the field. Bromley reminded me of Aldershot last season. Really neat midfield players who all knew what their jobs were. At the games I have been to over the last two seasons we are threatened in two ways. Either pace out wide or teams that have a clever 10 who can get at our back two. We really missed Walker on Tuesday.
Last sentence is so correct. He had a poor one against Dover but he has controlled the midfield in so many of the games he played in before. Dealing with pace out wide on both sides is definately a weak point for us and Roberts and Jennings are not good at that. Jennings is now the weakest link in the defence. I really hope that Barrow plays his strongest squad against Orient. If for no other reason than the new lads need game time to fit in. Better to sort out this in the Trophy than the League

Last edited by fluffysheepsupporter; 10th January 2019 at 18.12:08.. Reason: .
Old 10th January 2019, 19.06:17   #47-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I meant performance wise. GB said it was our worst performance of the season which on the back of 2 defeats isn't a good sign.

Effort wise then the players can run around for 90 minutes but it is about being effective in what you do and it seems from your assessment then it was pretty dire. Hard to fathom out really but for me its leadership and having some direction in the pattern of play.

A midfield of Wright, Young and Summerfield is pretty much rudderless.
Is that midfield 3 rudderless or just not good enough when they play together?
Old 10th January 2019, 19.35:27   #48-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilliams View Post
Well I was there on Tuesday and I do not think I saw any evidence of the players throwing the towel in. To me they were trying all the way through but the tactics and style of play was not clear. We had a very hard Christmas and the players may well be tired and there may not be much preparation time. However Bromley played Sutton Utd, Fylde and then us in the space of a week and they won them all. They did not look at all tired or jaded although I understand that their pitch is a big advantage to them. We were trying we were just outplayed and out thought. At the end several of the players came over to the fans to recognise it was a long way for many and a cold night. Grant even got in discussion with one of the unhappy fans. I saw no reason to boo the players. We all want Wrexham to do well. I have been going since the late 1950's. We have to accept that losing 2 managers in a year is very disruptive. We have the basics of a good side. A new blend is required to make us more dangerous and we do need a midfielder who can stitch things together. Summerfield did ok on Tuesday but we were outplayed in midfield by a Bromley side who would challenge for promotion with this side. However their problem like many in this division is they really only have 13 or 14 good players and when injuries or suspensions hit they like Aldershot just fall off.

Think Bromley do pretty well on there 1300 gates so there must be a chairman pumping in 2 million a year,must be great being able to have omer Bugiel on th e bench.Aldershot were in financial trouble in the last 12 months so the budget was cut,but over the last few years they have had many quality players on their books again 1500 fans would not cover 5 of their high wage earners.
Old 10th January 2019, 21.40:35   #49-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdragon View Post
Older guy not being comfortable with new technology maybe ? My father in law has kittens everytime his smart phone goes off

I'm roughly the same age as Barrow and yes I understand your point I've friends and family in their 50s + who are uncomfortable with technology, but I think being interviewed infront of a camera is more like posing for a photo I hate that, it was just an observation I'm not saying I'm correct and also even though I've expressed my finding the appointment situation a circus. I'm not one shouting for Barrow to go, yes I'm peed off like everyone with the last 3 results particularly the last 2.

But we have to give Barrow our 100 % support he is our manager and he ain't going anywhere, infact I've been impressed with his not dithering in the transfer market and fans need to be patient with Oswell, Stockton and all the signings it's not going to click overnight, I'm sure if the team gets back to basics especially at the back now Walker is back and not make far to many changes to the starting 11 in one hit.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th January 2019, 05.56:37   #50-0 (permalink)
User

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: anywhere
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Barton Bromley have just come into a little good form. WREXHAM have been in good form all season. Don't like your stance at all Barton
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.37:12.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13