Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th January 2019, 07.33:41   #37-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I think this is a really interesting paragraph because it seems to highlight the different views people have on RP. Some people, like TOWIU, seem to think the only reason to post something is if you expect it to lead to change. Others use it as a sounding board to see what other people think before contacting the club about something, and then get in touch with the club to pass their thoughts on. And others just want to talk about the team they support. The great thing is, there’s room for all of us!
Agree. RP is merely a mirror reflecting fans’ views, fears, hopes, desires and in some cases, traps for knaves.

But Towiu’s view is as valid as anyone’s and, IMHO, a lot more balanced than most.

Essentially, we are still in a good position despite 3 poor results and performances. If we continue in this vane we will fail; if we buck up we’ll be in the POs. If we really get our act together we can still win it.

All to play for!
Old 10th January 2019, 08.06:34   #38-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post

Very frustrating it might be but every club goes on a dip of form at some point.
We're 11 years into our dip in form.
Old 10th January 2019, 08.19:38   #39-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
We sign a new player.

How many minutes should he be allowed to play before being condemned as crap by the RP hatchet men? (You know who you are.)

We decide on a new manager who must then pick up the pieces left behind by his predecessor. Should he be allowed one game, or should it be two, before the knives come out for him? (The same suspects can answer if they like.)

Tuesday night's LMT was probably the worst example of frothing by fans ever to be seen. Just constant carping on and on and on, with nothing constructive being said. The fall-out since then has been almost as bad. Maybe it IS time this club gave up any hope of pleasing its fans: Unless every change made is reflected in an immediate and miraculous change of fortunes, there's a hard core on here who can't see that change is progressive and NOT immediate. Yes, fans pay to watch the type of football that they want to see, but there's a very fine poise between us and most of the teams that we're still challenging (we win some, and we lose some - that's football.) Minute changes can effect huge differences - how else can we beat a team 5-1 one day, only to lose to them 0-2 just a few days later? Players aren't precision engineered. They have good days and they have bad days at this level. We often expect too much - and are disappointed as a result. Calm down! Do you kill your mothers if your dinner's on the table a few minutes later than you want?

I'm as pi**ssed off by recent results as much as anyone is, but I'm not going to shout at the wall about it. Send your complaints to the club if you think they're justifiable. Let them know how you feel. Whinging about the players, manager/coaches and the directors on here is not going to change anything. I wonder if any of you will offer them your expertise in making us the prefect team. No? I guess not.
This is a classic case of not having a clue what a fans forum is for. Go look it up and try to understand.

Couple of news flashes for you.

Nothing has to be constructive on here, because it doesn't matter, its just discussion, ranting etc. Why do some people think all fans comments HAVE to be positive and construction on a fans forum. Weird.

No one and I mean no one thinks that by posting on here or 'whinging' (irony alert) is going to change anything. No one has ever claimed that or ever will, it only exists in your mind.

No one has claimed to be an expert either, again this notion only exists in your mind.

"Calm down!" Again irony alert.

The part about killing mothers is very strange, WTF?

It was cold this morning but I warmed my hands using the red hot rage coming out of your post. Cheers.
Old 10th January 2019, 08.22:37   #40-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Agree. RP is merely a mirror reflecting fans’ views, fears, hopes, desires and in some cases, traps for knaves.

But Towiu’s view is as valid as anyone’s and, IMHO, a lot more balanced than most.

Essentially, we are still in a good position despite 3 poor results and performances. If we continue in this vane we will fail; if we buck up we’ll be in the POs. If we really get our act together we can still win it.

All to play for!
LOL, balanced, you missed the bizarre part about dinners and murder then.

not sure if serious.
Old 10th January 2019, 09.43:32   #41-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Seems the players are throwing in the towel though. The fans are just passing opinions.
Bromley game is reported as our worst display of the season. If the players cannot respond after 2 defeats what are the fans supposed to think.

Grants being made out as a scapegoat but his form has been poor and I really dont understand the point of signing him. Hopefully GB will bring in another 2 players but if the current players cant motivate themselves were going to drop like a stone down this league just like last season.
Well I was there on Tuesday and I do not think I saw any evidence of the players throwing the towel in. To me they were trying all the way through but the tactics and style of play was not clear. We had a very hard Christmas and the players may well be tired and there may not be much preparation time. However Bromley played Sutton Utd, Fylde and then us in the space of a week and they won them all. They did not look at all tired or jaded although I understand that their pitch is a big advantage to them. We were trying we were just outplayed and out thought. At the end several of the players came over to the fans to recognise it was a long way for many and a cold night. Grant even got in discussion with one of the unhappy fans. I saw no reason to boo the players. We all want Wrexham to do well. I have been going since the late 1950's. We have to accept that losing 2 managers in a year is very disruptive. We have the basics of a good side. A new blend is required to make us more dangerous and we do need a midfielder who can stitch things together. Summerfield did ok on Tuesday but we were outplayed in midfield by a Bromley side who would challenge for promotion with this side. However their problem like many in this division is they really only have 13 or 14 good players and when injuries or suspensions hit they like Aldershot just fall off.
Old 10th January 2019, 11.17:40   #42-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
LOL, balanced, you missed the bizarre part about dinners and murder then.

not sure if serious.
His analogy was as trivial and flippant as many of the comments on here.

You imply anyone can say what they like - not sure that’s so, because libel rules still apply - on this forum, but then rubbish anyone you disagree with.

To my knowledge, he has no intention of murdering his m’am, but suspect a few other nameless posters might be in his cross-hairs.
Old 10th January 2019, 12.36:23   #43-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
No i wasn't meaning to imply it was relevant to just that game, as you say he is the same in every interview as I said on a previous thread l, it's one of 2 things 1 he is shy or 2 he lacks confidence
Posted via mobile theme
Older guy not being comfortable with new technology maybe ? My father in law has kittens everytime his smart phone goes off
Old 10th January 2019, 13.20:45   #44-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilliams View Post
Well I was there on Tuesday and I do not think I saw any evidence of the players throwing the towel in. To me they were trying all the way through but the tactics and style of play was not clear.
I meant performance wise. GB said it was our worst performance of the season which on the back of 2 defeats isn't a good sign.

Effort wise then the players can run around for 90 minutes but it is about being effective in what you do and it seems from your assessment then it was pretty dire. Hard to fathom out really but for me its leadership and having some direction in the pattern of play.

A midfield of Wright, Young and Summerfield is pretty much rudderless.
Old 10th January 2019, 16.37:27   #45-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I meant performance wise. GB said it was our worst performance of the season which on the back of 2 defeats isn't a good sign.

Effort wise then the players can run around for 90 minutes but it is about being effective in what you do and it seems from your assessment then it was pretty dire. Hard to fathom out really but for me its leadership and having some direction in the pattern of play.

A midfield of Wright, Young and Summerfield is pretty much rudderless.
Well performance wise it was not great. We were in it until they scored. Oswell was completely isolated. Grant on one side and Rutherford on the other I think. Only Akil looked as if he might break through. I am still to be convinced by Grant. One decent shot in 90 minutes. Second half the team came out there was a sharpener routine done with the whole team and I thought they gave it a better go with Oswell and Stockton up front. We also had two wide players but Summerfield and Young were outnumbered in the middle of the field. Bromley reminded me of Aldershot last season. Really neat midfield players who all knew what their jobs were. At the games I have been to over the last two seasons we are threatened in two ways. Either pace out wide or teams that have a clever 10 who can get at our back two. We really missed Walker on Tuesday.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.26:41.