Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th January 2019, 18.11:07   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilliams View Post
Well performance wise it was not great. We were in it until they scored. Oswell was completely isolated. Grant on one side and Rutherford on the other I think. Only Akil looked as if he might break through. I am still to be convinced by Grant. One decent shot in 90 minutes. Second half the team came out there was a sharpener routine done with the whole team and I thought they gave it a better go with Oswell and Stockton up front. We also had two wide players but Summerfield and Young were outnumbered in the middle of the field. Bromley reminded me of Aldershot last season. Really neat midfield players who all knew what their jobs were. At the games I have been to over the last two seasons we are threatened in two ways. Either pace out wide or teams that have a clever 10 who can get at our back two. We really missed Walker on Tuesday.
Last sentence is so correct. He had a poor one against Dover but he has controlled the midfield in so many of the games he played in before. Dealing with pace out wide on both sides is definately a weak point for us and Roberts and Jennings are not good at that. Jennings is now the weakest link in the defence. I really hope that Barrow plays his strongest squad against Orient. If for no other reason than the new lads need game time to fit in. Better to sort out this in the Trophy than the League

Last edited by fluffysheepsupporter; 10th January 2019 at 18.12:08.. Reason: .
Old 10th January 2019, 19.06:17   #47-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I meant performance wise. GB said it was our worst performance of the season which on the back of 2 defeats isn't a good sign.

Effort wise then the players can run around for 90 minutes but it is about being effective in what you do and it seems from your assessment then it was pretty dire. Hard to fathom out really but for me its leadership and having some direction in the pattern of play.

A midfield of Wright, Young and Summerfield is pretty much rudderless.
Is that midfield 3 rudderless or just not good enough when they play together?
Old 10th January 2019, 19.35:27   #48-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilliams View Post
Well I was there on Tuesday and I do not think I saw any evidence of the players throwing the towel in. To me they were trying all the way through but the tactics and style of play was not clear. We had a very hard Christmas and the players may well be tired and there may not be much preparation time. However Bromley played Sutton Utd, Fylde and then us in the space of a week and they won them all. They did not look at all tired or jaded although I understand that their pitch is a big advantage to them. We were trying we were just outplayed and out thought. At the end several of the players came over to the fans to recognise it was a long way for many and a cold night. Grant even got in discussion with one of the unhappy fans. I saw no reason to boo the players. We all want Wrexham to do well. I have been going since the late 1950's. We have to accept that losing 2 managers in a year is very disruptive. We have the basics of a good side. A new blend is required to make us more dangerous and we do need a midfielder who can stitch things together. Summerfield did ok on Tuesday but we were outplayed in midfield by a Bromley side who would challenge for promotion with this side. However their problem like many in this division is they really only have 13 or 14 good players and when injuries or suspensions hit they like Aldershot just fall off.

Think Bromley do pretty well on there 1300 gates so there must be a chairman pumping in 2 million a year,must be great being able to have omer Bugiel on th e bench.Aldershot were in financial trouble in the last 12 months so the budget was cut,but over the last few years they have had many quality players on their books again 1500 fans would not cover 5 of their high wage earners.
Old 10th January 2019, 21.40:35   #49-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdragon View Post
Older guy not being comfortable with new technology maybe ? My father in law has kittens everytime his smart phone goes off

I'm roughly the same age as Barrow and yes I understand your point I've friends and family in their 50s + who are uncomfortable with technology, but I think being interviewed infront of a camera is more like posing for a photo I hate that, it was just an observation I'm not saying I'm correct and also even though I've expressed my finding the appointment situation a circus. I'm not one shouting for Barrow to go, yes I'm peed off like everyone with the last 3 results particularly the last 2.

But we have to give Barrow our 100 % support he is our manager and he ain't going anywhere, infact I've been impressed with his not dithering in the transfer market and fans need to be patient with Oswell, Stockton and all the signings it's not going to click overnight, I'm sure if the team gets back to basics especially at the back now Walker is back and not make far to many changes to the starting 11 in one hit.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th January 2019, 05.56:37   #50-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: anywhere

Barton Bromley have just come into a little good form. WREXHAM have been in good form all season. Don't like your stance at all Barton
Old 11th January 2019, 06.14:50   #51-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mainly go to away games

I was there on Tuesday . I only get to about 15 games a year but it was one of the worst performances I have seen . We were clueless at times . It was “ men against boys “ . They looked to be a much better team than us and passed the ball with ease through our midfield .I was hoping for a positive reaction about the defeat to Dover . They were all over us from the kick off . I don’t understand tactical formations too well but we clearly needed to change something quickly and it didn’t happen . The second goal was given away far too easily .

I am not saying that the players didn’t try but they certainly didn’t look as they desperately wanted it . It’s often at the away games on a cold night in a quiet stadium that you see the character of some players . Carra didn’t play on Tuesday but he always tries his hardest and shows for the ball when we are playing poorly and losing . A few players went missing the other night in my opinion .

It’s very early days to comment on the new forward line but they were poor on Tuesday . Give me Beavon any day of the week . If he was playing on Tuesday he would have been running round frantically , chasing lost causes .That didn’t happen on Tuesday
Old 11th January 2019, 06.58:35   #52-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinton fox View Post

It’s very early days to comment on the new forward line but they were poor on Tuesday . Give me Beavon any day of the week . If he was playing on Tuesday he would have been running round frantically , chasing lost causes .That didn’t happen on Tuesday
I think Beavon is brilliant, he may not score goals but he is the only player we have who is constantly in the opposition players faces and they never have it easy playing against him.
Trouble is, no matter how hard he works, he can't do it on his own. So many times he wins the flick on or knock down but there is no one in a Wrexham shirt on hand to get the ball so Beavon has to chase it down himself, no wonder he is knackered after 65 minutes.

With the new signings coming in, Beavon should get more help and perhaps he could be the creative spark that is missing.
Old 11th January 2019, 09.12:53   #53-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

It's embarrassing watching him win headers only to have to chase the knock down himself .
Would love to see a bigun next to him, but I think it's supposed to work the other way around?
Old 11th January 2019, 11.04:45   #54-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisy1 View Post
I think Beavon is brilliant, he may not score goals but he is the only player we have who is constantly in the opposition players faces and they never have it easy playing against him.
Trouble is, no matter how hard he works, he can't do it on his own. So many times he wins the flick on or knock down but there is no one in a Wrexham shirt on hand to get the ball so Beavon has to chase it down himself, no wonder he is knackered after 65 minutes.

With the new signings coming in, Beavon should get more help and perhaps he could be the creative spark that is missing.

^^^^^
This good post Noisy.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.00:20.