RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Manager post match interview; Bromley. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113236-manager-post-match-interview%3B-bromley.html)

bartonbank 9th January 2019 14.13:29

Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Jeez, but that is depressing...apparently it is all down to having to play on a Tuesday after a Saturday game coz we didn't have chance to prepare? What? Like the opposition manage to?
I'd put it down to 4-1-4-1 with Summerfield expected to do a role he isn't suited to, an absent midfield not supporting the defence and a loan striker required to hold a ball heading towards him at over head height rather than chest height or to feet with additional aimless balls to the corners, safely shepherded out for a goal kick.
I hope he is more inspiring in the dressing room but, frankly, I doubt it.

John Neals Dynasty 9th January 2019 14.20:07

[QUOTE=bartonbank;2218525]Jeez, but that is depressing...apparently it is all down to having to play on a Tuesday after a Saturday game coz we didn't have chance to prepare? What? Like the opposition manage to?
I'd put it down to 4-1-4-1 with Summerfield expected to do a role he isn't suited to, an absent midfield not supporting the defence and a loan striker required to hold a ball heading towards him at over head height rather than chest height or to feet with additional aimless balls to the corners, safely shepherded out for a goal kick.
I hope he is more inspiring in the dressing room but, frankly, I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Did you notice he struggled to look the camera or interviewer in the face?

It was all hand wringing stuff he basically hasn't a clue how to solve it.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

NottsRed 9th January 2019 14.22:51

Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

[QUOTE=bartonbank;2218525]Jeez, but that is depressing...apparently it is all down to having to play on a Tuesday after a Saturday game coz we didn't have chance to prepare? What? Like the opposition manage to?
I hope he is more inspiring in the dressing room but, frankly, I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but that bollocks as excuses go. Dosen't seem to effect other teams even part time ones.

As you say Bartonbank poor tactics and poor squad selection plus some players not pulling there weight.

DoomandGloom 9th January 2019 14.25:12

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2218533]Did you notice he struggled to look the camera or interviewer in the face?

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

While that idea might suit your message, have a look at all previous interviews with him, including after the home win against Salford, they're all the same. Not saying that changes aren't needed, but your observation is nothing to do with that game.

rob0916 9th January 2019 14.26:41

It's like I've said all along. This guy is useless as the main man and his decisions have become more and more baffling. Not a tactical bone in his body and I highly doubt he will be able to motivate a team to run through walls for him, more likely to send them to sleep.

John Neals Dynasty 9th January 2019 14.29:04

[QUOTE=DoomandGloom;2218537]While that idea might suit your message, have a look at all previous interviews with him, including after the home win against Salford, they're all the same. Not saying that changes aren't needed, but your observation is nothing to do with that game.[/QUOTE]

No i wasn't meaning to imply it was relevant to just that game, as you say he is the same in every interview as I said on a previous thread l, it's one of 2 things 1 he is shy or 2 he lacks confidence

Prodigal Dragon 9th January 2019 14.31:27

[QUOTE=rob0916;2218538]It's like I've said all along. This guy is useless as the main man and his decisions have become more and more baffling. Not a tactical bone in his body and I highly doubt he will be able to motivate a team to run through walls for him, more likely to send them to sleep.[/QUOTE]

Like they did at home to Salford and Solihull Moors, eh?

We get you don’t like his appointment, but at least criticise fairly.

Maybe he is uncomfortable in front of the camera or possibly doesn’t enjoy answering silly questions!

mitchelltown 9th January 2019 14.32:10

Reading into the managers reply we should concede Saturdays game to Orient and just prepare for the following Saturday, whilst sorting out a Plan B.
What a desperate situation to be in.

Prodigal Dragon 9th January 2019 14.32:36

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2218542]No i wasn't meaning to imply it was relevant to just that game, as you say he is the same in every interview as I said on a previous thread l, it's one of 2 things 1 he is shy or 2 he lacks confidence

Or he’s not a budding thespian!;)

Phils-an-alki 9th January 2019 14.41:10

Oh dear.

Making poor excuses like this after so few games in charge isn't a good sign.

Lets hope the players throats survived the rage after the game.

Prodigal Dragon 9th January 2019 14.42:08

[QUOTE=mitchelltown;2218547]Reading into the managers reply we should concede Saturdays game to Orient and just prepare for the following Saturday, whilst sorting out a Plan B.
What a desperate situation to be in.[/QUOTE]

Throwing the game is what most fans wanted. I agree with him that we should use the game constructively to try to iron out some of our issues.

Promotion is much more important than winning the FA Trophy, and our progress into the next round would mean more games and a congested fixture list.

The 2 hard-fought for wins against Salford and Solihull Moors sapped our energy levels, and is probably the main reason for our recent losing run.

It will be interesting to see which team GB picks for Saturday, and how they respond. Much will depend on how Edinburgh approaches the game. Their win might do us a favour in the long run. We shall see.:)

jackwilliams 9th January 2019 14.47:33

The first goal was crucial at Bromley. We almost got it through Grant. Watching Bromley v Sutton United last week Bromley scored an identical goal to their header after 20 minutes. I think you can prepare for that fairly easily. Pearson marks the guy, you know hand up means beyond far post. I am pretty sure it was Lawlor that lost his man but could be wrong.

Ooh aah Paskin 9th January 2019 14.50:48

Games are often fine margins.

Summerfield scores with the header against Dover and we may have gone on to win comfortably.

The strike from Grant goes in instead of skimming the bar. We are in the lead and more comfortable. Possibility of going on to win the game, or at least not lose.

However, these didn't happen and we conceded first. We all know what happened then.

Redordead 9th January 2019 14.51:57

Can only think if we fail to make the playoffs is that he’d be sacked.

Not going to hit the panic button yet, but he needs to find a system to get our front players doing a bit more the quality is now there.

Ooh aah Paskin 9th January 2019 14.59:12

[QUOTE=Redordead;2218569]Can only think if we fail to make the playoffs is that he’d be sacked.

Not going to hit the panic button yet, but he needs to find a system to get our front players doing a bit more the quality is now there.[/QUOTE]

The Midfield is the problem. As part of the greater whole. I am certain they are told to sit back further to protect the defence and therefore this limits their effectiveness in going forward and linking with the forwards.

Didn't we play well and create more chances, even maybe scored some goals when we played a 'diamond' style midfield?

We have the players, especially if we can get a Walker type player in.

I would like to see:

Lainton

Carrington Lawlor Pearson Jennings

Walker/A N Other

Summerfield
Young

Grant

Beavon Oswell

marathonplny 9th January 2019 15.10:57

Where is the Walker situation up to ?

kevjones1964 9th January 2019 15.48:45

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2218568]Games are often fine margins.

Summerfield scores with the header against Dover and we may have gone on to win comfortably.

The strike from Grant goes in instead of skimming the bar. We are in the lead and more comfortable. Possibility of going on to win the game, or at least not lose.

However, these didn't happen and we conceded first. We all know what happened then.[/QUOTE]

I agree that games change on fine margins, but once the other team scores, there is only one way the game is going to end. We do not have the ability or a game plan to get a goal when we need it.

Phils-an-alki 9th January 2019 15.51:11

[QUOTE=kevjones1964;2218599]I agree that games change on fine margins, but once the other team scores, there is only one way the game is going to end. We do not have the ability or a game plan to get a goal when we need it.[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine us in the play offs?
The ways things are now we'd be out if the opposition got the first goal.

fezbob 9th January 2019 16.00:31

Did he mention the fans though?

Red Light 9th January 2019 16.10:53

I have read some absolute dross on RP since last night.

We beat Salford and Solihull only a few days back and everything was rosy.

Now we have hit a rocky spell and the end of the world is nigh - we don't have a divine right to win this league by a clear 10 points.

Was it any surprise we lost at Bromley who also beat AFC Fylde and Sutton United in their last 2 home games ?

GB is yet to take his coat off yet some are already calling for his head - even though he has taken rapid action and brought in much needed reinforcements.

His interview technique is the same for all games - considered, measured and reflecting somebody of his age without the repeated use of the word 'obviously'.

Even the mighty Salford lost 4 games on the trot - it happens and has coincided with a busy period of games coupled with the influx of a lot of new players / changes.

Very frustrating it might be but every club goes on a dip of form at some point.

corwenred 9th January 2019 16.29:05

For me, with the personnel we have I think we would suit a 4-1-3-2 formation. Standard back 4 with Walker holding. Then a midfield 3 of Tollit, Summerfield, Grant with Oswell and Stockton/Beavon up front.

EnglishRed 9th January 2019 16.34:30

[QUOTE=Red Light;2218610]I have read some absolute dross on RP since last night.

Now we have hit a rocky spell and the end of the world is nigh - we don't have a divine right to win this league by a clear 10 points.

Was it any surprise we lost at Bromley who also beat AFC Fylde and Sutton United in their last 2 home games ?

GB is yet to take his coat off yet some are already calling for his head - even though he has taken rapid action and brought in much needed reinforcements.

His interview technique is the same for all games - considered, measured and reflecting somebody of his age without the repeated use of the word 'obviously'.

Even the mighty Salford lost 4 games on the trot - it happens and has coincided with a busy period of games coupled with the influx of a lot of new players / changes.

Very frustrating it might be but every club goes on a dip of form at some point.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you mate, granted the performances have been poor th elast two games (and the heavy schedule lately is probably a major factor in this not just an excuse) but all three were tough games. The league favourites away, a Dover team in good form which had 0-0 written all over it and a Bromley form also on good form, away on a 4g pitch.

We aren't suddenly clueless or the worst team in the league any more than we were champions in waiting after Salford at home.

RED2309 9th January 2019 16.43:26

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2218626]I'm with you mate, granted the performances have been poor th elast two games (and the heavy schedule lately is probably a major factor in this not just an excuse) but all three were tough games. The league favourites away, a Dover team in good form which had 0-0 written all over it and a Bromley form also on good form, away on a 4g pitch.

We aren't suddenly clueless or the worst team in the league any more than we were champions in waiting after Salford at home.[/QUOTE]

Well said - its amazing to watch so many throwing the towel in when the fat lady's not even on the train never mind the stage!

Hightown Brymbo Red 9th January 2019 17.27:07

[QUOTE=RED2309;2218634]Well said - its amazing to watch so many throwing the towel in when the fat lady's not even on the train never mind the stage![/QUOTE]

And the same people made the same excuses last season.

noisy1 9th January 2019 18.10:19

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2218533]Did you notice he struggled to look the camera or interviewer in the face?

Just like most football managers, they talk to their feet or keep looking around for someone to come along and take them away from the idiot standing Infront of them.

noisy1 9th January 2019 18.12:14

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2218542]No i wasn't meaning to imply it was relevant to just that game, as you say he is the same in every interview as I said on a previous thread l, it's one of 2 things 1 he is shy or 2 he lacks confidence

Bollocks

noisy1 9th January 2019 18.19:27

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2218568]Games are often fine margins.

[B]
However, these didn't happen and we conceded first. We all know what happened then.[/B][/QUOTE]

That is the more worrying issue for me, not that the manager gives a poor interview or not. If we don't score first then it's game over.
Our "tough guys" bottle it when the pressure is on and the bad news is that that is all in the mind, there is no amount of training that is going to improve it.

John Neals Dynasty 9th January 2019 18.35:06

[QUOTE=noisy1;2218674]Bollocks[/QUOTE]

Get them checked out they sound big

Wink Martindale 9th January 2019 18.35:43

[QUOTE=Red Light;2218610]I have read some absolute dross on RP since last night.

Very frustrating it might be but every club goes on a dip of form at some point.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely spot on.

Some unbelievable comments and criticism being dished out. Its almost like they don't want the manager or team to succeed, just so they can give it "told ya so!".
The usual suspects don't seem to post following a decent win or performance.

GarryOggy 9th January 2019 23.34:04

[QUOTE=Wink Martindale;2218687]Absolutely spot on.

Some unbelievable comments and criticism being dished out. Its almost like they don't want the manager or team to succeed, just so they can give it "told ya so!".
The usual suspects don't seem to post following a decent win or performance.[/QUOTE]

They go missing like our players do once they get on the team coach.

pagl 10th January 2019 05.15:11

[QUOTE=RED2309;2218634]Well said - its amazing to watch so many throwing the towel in when the fat lady's not even on the train never mind the stage![/QUOTE]

Seems the players are throwing in the towel though. The fans are just passing opinions.
Bromley game is reported as our worst display of the season. If the players cannot respond after 2 defeats what are the fans supposed to think.

Grants being made out as a scapegoat but his form has been poor and I really dont understand the point of signing him. Hopefully GB will bring in another 2 players but if the current players cant motivate themselves were going to drop like a stone down this league just like last season.

The Only Way Is Up 10th January 2019 06.07:57

We sign a new player.

How many minutes should he be allowed to play before being condemned as crap by the RP hatchet men? (You know who you are.)

We decide on a new manager who must then pick up the pieces left behind by his predecessor. Should he be allowed one game, or should it be two, before the knives come out for him? (The same suspects can answer if they like.)

Tuesday night's LMT was probably the worst example of frothing by fans ever to be seen. Just constant carping on and on and on, with nothing constructive being said. The fall-out since then has been almost as bad. Maybe it IS time this club gave up any hope of pleasing its fans: Unless every change made is reflected in an immediate and miraculous change of fortunes, there's a hard core on here who can't see that change is progressive and NOT immediate. Yes, fans pay to watch the type of football that they want to see, but there's a very fine poise between us and most of the teams that we're still challenging (we win some, and we lose some - that's football.) Minute changes can effect huge differences - how else can we beat a team 5-1 one day, only to lose to them 0-2 just a few days later? Players aren't precision engineered. They have good days and they have bad days at this level. We often expect too much - and are disappointed as a result. Calm down! Do you kill your mothers if your dinner's on the table a few minutes later than you want?

I'm as pi**ssed off by recent results as much as anyone is, but I'm not going to shout at the wall about it. Send your complaints to the club if you think they're justifiable. Let them know how you feel. Whinging about the players, manager/coaches and the directors on here is not going to change anything. I wonder if any of you will offer them your expertise in making us the prefect team. No? I guess not.

pagl 10th January 2019 06.19:46

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2218780]I'm as pi**ssed off by recent results as much as anyone is, but I'm not going to shout at the wall about it. Send your complaints to the club if you think they're justifiable. Let them know how you feel. Whinging about the players, manager/coaches and the directors on here is not going to change anything. I wonder if any of you will offer them your expertise in making us the prefect team. No? I guess not.[/QUOTE]

Wrap your keyboards up and put them in the loft with the Xmas decs.
WAFC 12th night has arrived and all comments about games, players, tactics and formations are off limits. Lets keep our thoughts confined to the racism problem and resolve that.

FFS what is it coming to. Sit back and watch us win every game 1-0 for the rest of the season according to some.

krux 10th January 2019 06.54:20

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2218780]

I'm as pi**ssed off by recent results as much as anyone is, but I'm not going to shout at the wall about it. Send your complaints to the club if you think they're justifiable. Let them know how you feel. Whinging about the players, manager/coaches and the directors on here is not going to change anything.[B] I wonder if any of you will offer them your expertise in making us the prefect team[/B]. No? I guess not.[/QUOTE]

we have stopped investing in youth.

Jaded 10th January 2019 07.07:49

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2218780]We sign a new player.

I'm as pi**ssed off by recent results as much as anyone is, but I'm not going to shout at the wall about it. Send your complaints to the club if you think they're justifiable. Let them know how you feel. Whinging about the players, manager/coaches and the directors on here is not going to change anything. I wonder if any of you will offer them your expertise in making us the prefect team. No? I guess not.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a really interesting paragraph because it seems to highlight the different views people have on RP. Some people, like TOWIU, seem to think the only reason to post something is if you expect it to lead to change. Others use it as a sounding board to see what other people think before contacting the club about something, and then get in touch with the club to pass their thoughts on. And others just want to talk about the team they support. The great thing is, there’s room for all of us!

Hightown Brymbo Red 10th January 2019 07.23:20

How many minutes should he be allowed to play before being condemned as crap by the RP hatchet men? (You know who you are.)

We decide on a new manager who must then pick up the pieces left behind by his predecessor. Should he be allowed one game, or should it be two, before the knives come out for him? (The same suspects can answer if they like.)

Tuesday night's LMT was probably the worst example of frothing by fans ever to be seen. Just constant carping on and on and on, with nothing constructive being said. The fall-out since then has been almost as bad. Maybe it IS time this club gave up any hope of pleasing its fans: Unless every change made is reflected in an immediate and miraculous change of fortunes, there's a hard core on here who can't see that change is progressive and NOT immediate. Yes, fans pay to watch the type of football that they want to see, but there's a very fine poise between us and most of the teams that we're still challenging (we win some, and we lose some - that's football.) Minute changes can effect huge differences - how else can we beat a team 5-1 one day, only to lose to them 0-2 just a few days later? Players aren't precision engineered. They have good days and they have bad days at this level. We often expect too much - and are disappointed as a result. Calm down! Do you kill your mothers if your dinner's on the table a few minutes later than you want?

I'm as pi**ssed off by recent results as much as anyone is, but I'm not going to shout at the wall about it. Send your complaints to the club if you think they're justifiable. Let them know how you feel. Whinging about the players, manager/coaches and the directors on here is not going to change anything. I wonder if any of you will offer them your expertise in making us the prefect team. No? I guess not.[/QUOTE]

Bizarre so all our recent poor form is due to fellow fans whinging? And the last few years when we have finished in our lowest ever position in our history is also due to whinging fans?

Prodigal Dragon 10th January 2019 07.33:41

[QUOTE=Jaded;2218786]I think this is a really interesting paragraph because it seems to highlight the different views people have on RP. Some people, like TOWIU, seem to think the only reason to post something is if you expect it to lead to change. Others use it as a sounding board to see what other people think before contacting the club about something, and then get in touch with the club to pass their thoughts on. And others just want to talk about the team they support. The great thing is, there’s room for all of us![/QUOTE]

Agree. RP is merely a mirror reflecting fans’ views, fears, hopes, desires and in some cases, traps for knaves.

But Towiu’s view is as valid as anyone’s and, IMHO, a lot more balanced than most.

Essentially, we are still in a good position despite 3 poor results and performances. If we continue in this vane we will fail; if we buck up we’ll be in the POs. If we really get our act together we can still win it.

All to play for!;)

Phils-an-alki 10th January 2019 08.06:34

[QUOTE=Red Light;2218610]

We're 11 years into our dip in form.

Phils-an-alki 10th January 2019 08.19:38

This is a classic case of not having a clue what a fans forum is for. Go look it up and try to understand.

Couple of news flashes for you.

Nothing has to be constructive on here, because it doesn't matter, its just discussion, ranting etc. Why do some people think all fans comments HAVE to be positive and construction on a fans forum. Weird.

No one and I mean no one thinks that by posting on here or 'whinging' (irony alert) is going to change anything. No one has ever claimed that or ever will, it only exists in your mind.

No one has claimed to be an expert either, again this notion only exists in your mind.

"Calm down!" Again irony alert.

The part about killing mothers is very strange, WTF?

It was cold this morning but I warmed my hands using the red hot rage coming out of your post. Cheers.

Phils-an-alki 10th January 2019 08.22:37

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2218794]Agree. RP is merely a mirror reflecting fans’ views, fears, hopes, desires and in some cases, traps for knaves.

But Towiu’s view is as valid as anyone’s and, IMHO, a lot more balanced than most.

Essentially, we are still in a good position despite 3 poor results and performances. If we continue in this vane we will fail; if we buck up we’ll be in the POs. If we really get our act together we can still win it.

All to play for!;)[/QUOTE]

LOL, balanced, you missed the bizarre part about dinners and murder then. :crampe:

not sure if serious.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.46:50.