Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th January 2019, 09.00:32   #64-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates and Ricketts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Imo we need a chairman who knows how to make ends meet and when to gamble. I don’t care if he has experience in the fashion industry so long as he knows how to bring together the various departments that make up a football club. Having a chairman who only accepts 442 would limit recruitment on the manager front.
We don't run a one man operation. The decisions are made by the board and they've not done much wrong to date.
Day to day certain Directors take individual responsibilities.
They started with a ten year plan to rebuild the club, make us sustainable and get us back into the football league. The latter being the most difficult to manage as we can't control what happens on the field.
Whilst I agree that we can't dictate a formation, we can appoint managers who will have a record of playing more attractive football. In this league however it's not always the footballing sides that succeed.
Old 19th January 2019, 09.21:55   #65-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

If you neglect the football side then prepare for the consequences.
10 years ago.
Old 19th January 2019, 09.31:51   #66-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
If you neglect the football side then prepare for the consequences.
10 years ago.
Cant upload png file. The number of teams from L1 & L2 down here now is scary.
Old 19th January 2019, 11.30:11   #67-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

That comparison of teams, then and now, is bound to shock those who didn't imagine that relegating two teams from the league each season would result in them being replaced by non-league sides that few had heard of let alone see play.

All credit to those non-league sides that have succeeded following their promotion. It worries me more that clubs like ours find it ever-harder to go back up because of the limited opportunities - only one automatic place and a lottery involving six sides for the other.

Taking those six sides, they are 24% of the clubs in our league. Most will now agree that the biggest player budgets don't necessarily guarantee the season outcomes, but they do make it very difficult for an ethically run community club to win enough points to challenge them, and when there are 23 other clubs all trying to achieve the same thing, it's bloody hard work to clinch a promotion spot. Yes, 2 clubs will go up every season, but 22 others can't and won't, so the failure rate is 92%.

We're tearing our hair out (according to some) because we've been down here for 10 years, and are the club that's been in this league for the longest time. But if you look at the leagues below us, there are plenty of former League clubs who found themselves in the conference and then fell further, failing to survive for 10 years without a relegation. That's no excuse for any club that fails to meet its fans' expectations perhaps, but I'd rather be where we are today than competing with Torquay, Telford, Kiddy, Alty, Southport, Boston, Bradford PA, Chester, Darlington, Hereford, Stockport, York, Workington, Rushden, Kettering and Northwich!

Last edited by The Only Way Is Up; 19th January 2019 at 11.31:45..
Old 19th January 2019, 11.42:37   #68-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Season ticket holder , Mold Road Stand

The definition of irony. A poster with the name ‘ The Only Way Is Up ‘ lauding the fact we’ve been here for 10 seasons and should be grateful we’ve not sunk any lower.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th January 2019, 12.03:46   #69-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get It Forward View Post
The definition of irony. A poster with the name ‘ The Only Way Is Up ‘ lauding the fact we’ve been here for 10 seasons and should be grateful we’ve not sunk any lower.
Posted via mobile theme
Hardly "lauding" anything there - merely reminding those who are as frustrated as I am that we're in the NL that it could be a lot worse.

As for my user name, it reflects the generally positive attitude with which I support the team - unlike those who seem only to comment when there's a cheap dig they can make. With 480 leagues in the "English" pyramid, challenging for promotion from the 5th to the 4th league is not such a bad place to be...
Old 19th January 2019, 12.32:09   #70-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Hardly "lauding" anything there - merely reminding those who are as frustrated as I am that we're in the NL that it could be a lot worse.

As for my user name, it reflects the generally positive attitude with which I support the team - unlike those who seem only to comment when there's a cheap dig they can make. With 480 leagues in the "English" pyramid, challenging for promotion from the 5th to the 4th league is not such a bad place to be...
Dear me.
Old 19th January 2019, 12.52:41   #71-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post

It is when you’ve spent 87 years as a league club, reached the Fa cup quarter finals three times, beaten Porto and take 20k fans to Cardiff and Wembley. You measure the size of a football club by the size of it’s potential fanbase imo, and we should be in league one battling for the championship. Football clubs without a decent fanbase are rather pointless and soulless.

Last edited by dixienormous; 19th January 2019 at 12.58:48..
Old 19th January 2019, 14.13:19   #72-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
It is when you’ve spent 87 years as a league club, reached the Fa cup quarter finals three times, beaten Porto and take 20k fans to Cardiff and Wembley. You measure the size of a football club by the size of it’s potential fanbase imo, and we should be in league one battling for the championship. Football clubs without a decent fanbase are rather pointless and soulless.
The problem is the number of fans or potential doesn’t pay for a promotion team.
Additional income is needed, we all know that......

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.54:18.