RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Active members only get discounts to boost engagement? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113255-active-members-only-get-discounts-boost-engagement.html)

Rob 13th January 2019 22.33:15

Active members only get discounts to boost engagement?

I was talking to someone earlier who had mentioned the training ground move and various other bits. Yesterday I spoke with someone who noted with the accumulation of assets (90+ year lease on Racecourse, possible 150 year lease on prime town housing real estate) the club could have a target on its back again.

The terrible turnout in votes came up, and I suggested linking season ticket discounts to being eligible to 'active' members could be a good idea to basically force engagement and interest in what is going on.

Active defined as anyone who voted last chance they had, but with a 'non of the above' style option too.

I said I would post it on here to see if that sounds like a good idea or total madness? :toff:

Quay Red 13th January 2019 23.01:43

Re: Active members only get discounts to boost engagement?

[QUOTE=Rob;2220056]I was talking to someone earlier who had mentioned the training ground move and various other bits. Yesterday I spoke with someone who noted with the accumulation of assets (90+ year lease on Racecourse, possible 150 year lease on prime town housing real estate) the club could have a target on its back again.

The terrible turnout in votes came up, and I suggested linking season ticket discounts to being eligible to 'active' members could be a good idea to basically force engagement and interest in what is going on.

Active defined as anyone who voted last chance they had, but with a 'non of the above' style option too.

I said I would post it on here to see if that sounds like a good idea or total madness? :toff:[/QUOTE]

You can't force people to vote.

Rob 13th January 2019 23.28:37

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2220061]You can't force people to vote.[/QUOTE]

It appears there are 11 countries around the world that do, so it can be done :)

rob_1072 14th January 2019 05.32:59

If the club were in a situation where someone is looking to take advantage of it people would vote and be more active ... as it stands last few years we have been in stable hands and there is a feeling of whoever is voted in will be much the same, in my opinion anyway.

weper red 14th January 2019 07.35:39

[QUOTE=Rob;2220062]It appears there are 11 countries around the world that do, so it can be done :)[/QUOTE]

We have to vote in Australia other wise it’s a fine

Kiddy Dragon 14th January 2019 07.48:36

[QUOTE=weper red;2220072]We have to vote in Australia other wise it’s a fine[/QUOTE]

So do any none voters get fined?

Dudders666 14th January 2019 07.57:56

surely forcing people to vote would just skew the system?

Is it not better to leave the people who are engaged and concerned to the voting, rather than having people (like me) who arent quite sure and just guess or pick a name they know.

Rob 14th January 2019 08.12:27

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2220065]If the club were in a situation where someone is looking to take advantage of it people would vote and be more active ... [/QUOTE]

I do agree with this and put myself in that category too :44: The conversations came about over things being more proactive than reactive, but then how do people get up to speed if they are switched off over the years.

Take the training ground, how many of the fanbase who are having a mild moan about possible cash going to the Groves have read the info buried in minutes that notes the alternative would be training off a local 4G pitch? That changes the 'give the cash to a journeyman striker' to a surely obvious yes-to-Groves.

Likewise where is the debate on how to get the best deal from Wrexham Council, perhaps we do need the flexibility to in future sell the Groves interest to fund a new 50,000 seater stadium while protecting us from developers, or the council wanting the land back? :toff:

weper red 14th January 2019 11.09:01

[QUOTE=Kiddy Dragon;2220074]So do any none voters get fined?[/QUOTE]

I belive so , they can take your driving licence from you or car as court sees fit !

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.17:49.