Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th January 2019, 13.57:50   #1-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: On the centre spot
Twitter: @

Default How I Feel

p****d off and depressed. Forget how my marriage is, let's talk about the love of my life, Wrexham FC.

I've followed WFC for close on 53 years. We've had ups and downs over that period. Some great memories. Unfortunately, since we have been in this Godforsaken league, I cannot say that I have enjoyed any of it. Nothing.

The most depressing thing is that I cannot see any end to it. We seem to be repeating the same mistakes, year in year out. We have a new manager virtually every year that comes in and runs things his way. That's fine, but not when changes are made that prove fruitless. I appreciate that the new manager will not know if changes will work, but the directors of the club surely must point them in the right direction.

We replace many players, year in, year out. Thank god it's better since we offer 2 year contracts but nevertheless, lacks continuity. Successful teams have a strong spine to the side - we have a good keeper and centre backs, fair central midfield but no quality upfront. Goals will breed confidence and get you promoted.

I know this has been said before, but to get out of this league, we need to invest in proven goalscorers. The men that control the money need to put money up.

Barrow has been busy getting strikers in. In my opinion none of them are quality with a proven track record. I don't think they will make any difference to our team.
Old 14th January 2019, 14.00:31   #2-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: How I Feel

Bloody hell i'll get you the rope...
Old 14th January 2019, 14.01:54   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: On the centre spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom wafc View Post
bloody hell i'll get you the rope...
lol
Old 14th January 2019, 14.07:56   #4-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Got to say I enjoyed going on the first trophy final, great day out from the snow, play off final fantastic, until they scored, didn't go to second trophy final as been there, done that. So yes it's been dismal but not all gloomy.
Old 14th January 2019, 14.23:07   #5-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

With your hands isn’t it?
Old 14th January 2019, 14.28:26   #6-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I've calmed down a bit since Saturday and trying to put the last 4 results in context. Forget the trophy as few were bothered anyway. Away loss to Salford is not unexpected and can be swallowed.

Bromley were in great form and on a surface we are rubbish on a point would have been more than acceptable, so 1 point down there on where we should be. Dover home, yes they were on a decent run but had to be a home win, 3 points dropped.

So 4 points less than we could reasonably expect. Would we have taken 4 points from the 2 home games v Solihull and Salford? I'd have been pretty satisfied with that, so we were 2 points up there, subtract that from the 4 down and we are only 2 points worse off than would have been perfectly acceptable.

Now the worrying context is the 4 successive defeats, the manner of the Bromley performance, Barrow being uninspiring and not being able to score a bloody goal. However if we get a point at Fylde then beat Maidenhead I am prepared to call a truce and say that we still have a decent chance of top 3 minimum. The new signings will need to gel quickly though and Grant needs to start justifying his wage.
Old 14th January 2019, 14.32:19   #7-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
we need to invest in proven goalscorers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
In my opinion none of them are quality with a proven track record.
Cole Stockton:

2016-17 - 13 goals in 23 appearances for Tranmere and 10 goals in 26 appearances after switching to League Two club Morecambe.

Jason Oswell:

2014–2017 Newtown. 94 App 50 goals
2017–2018 Stockport County. 40 Apps, 25 goals.

Sorry, but what better players are available in January? What an odd post
Old 14th January 2019, 14.35:54   #8-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

When we first dropped down, I enjoyed it on a perverse level...seeing all the quaint grounds and teams suffering under the illusion we would be up again soon.

I enjoyed our trips to Wembley (apart from the play off defeat...).

But we have been down here too long and those quaint grounds are grating now, and even the option of seeing new teams has worn me down.

I just want to get out of this league (the right way I hasten to add!) and I honestly thought we had a good chance this season.

We still do but it needs an instant and dramatic reversal of our form to do so. However, I don't think we have a lack of firepower (certainly now anyway), I think the midfield is where our problems stem from.

At some point the tactic has obviously been for the midfield to sit deep in front of our defence and to an extent that worked, we have a fantastic defensive record.

But we are just choking the supply line to our forwards. It was fine when we were winning games by the odd goal from a defender or midfielder but these have dried up.
There seems to be no creativity going forwards, a reluctance to lose possession which means we go from side to side and maybe threaten the opponents box every now and then.

And, for a team with some good strikers of the ball (Young, Summerfield, Walker etc) we seem scared to shoot when in sight of goal and want to 'walk' it in.

I've lost count of the times I have shouted 'shoot!' when the opportunity arises. The keeper could be unsighted, it could take a deflection, the keeper could parry it for a striker to follow up...but none of these things happen due to our fear of trying.

Until we link the midfield and forwards more effectively we will always struggle to score.
Old 14th January 2019, 15.10:34   #9-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColwynBayGaz View Post
Cole Stockton:

2016-17 - 13 goals in 23 appearances for Tranmere and 10 goals in 26 appearances after switching to League Two club Morecambe.

Jason Oswell:

2014–2017 Newtown. 94 App 50 goals
2017–2018 Stockport County. 40 Apps, 25 goals.

Sorry, but what better players are available in January? What an odd post

or you could say Stockton's 16-17 performance was clearly a flash in the pan based on 17-18, and Oswell has only done it in pub leagues.

You could also say that we should have used more of the Ward money to bring in a proven consistent striker.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.42:03.