Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd January 2019, 13.54:43   #46-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Away Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Fact maybe not but it is a pretty fair assumption to know that Keates had a negative approach to game management and that he prioritised signing defenders - we can all see that. We also know that Keates was interviewed many times at the start of last year and talked about us "being hard to beat" and "in every game" so it is clear to me that his priority was coaching the defence. He was also very quick to praise Darlington's work in that respect in his interviews

I know someone who is a very senior football coach in Welsh football and from what i hear then Darlington is incredible highly rated and we are very lucky to have him. I don't think turning our current displays onto him is the right approach as clearly the issues are deeper than being down to a coach.
Agree that CD is not the problem.

Our problem is having too many mediocre players, and a management team struggling to influence the squad for the better.

Some posters are criticising all the management team and Board with some serious and, as far as I can see, unsubstantiated claims. If those posters are correct, we are in serious trouble; however, it is all about results followed by performance. Now up to management and players to get back to winning ways. I imagine they are all mostly aware of the growing criticisms, but suspect proving those critical fans wrong is a fairly low priority; they should just want to do their jobs well. That means beating the lesser teams well, and competing for 90 minutes against the better teams.

Last Saturday we seemingly competed well for the first-half, despite again missing chances, but then lost our heads once they scored. Clearly it needs sorting out, but that is the easy bit. Making the necessary changes and staying focussed for 90 minutes are what will stop the rot and improve our our lot.

It will be interesting to see how many turn up on Saturday or elect to go shopping with their better-halves.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 22nd January 2019 at 13.55:52..
Old 22nd January 2019, 14.43:21   #47-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Fact maybe not but it is a pretty fair assumption to know that Keates had a negative approach to game management and that he prioritised signing defenders - we can all see that. We also know that Keates was interviewed many times at the start of last year and talked about us "being hard to beat" and "in every game" so it is clear to me that his priority was coaching the defence. He was also very quick to praise Darlington's work in that respect in his interviews

I know someone who is a very senior football coach in Welsh football and from what i hear then Darlington is incredible highly rated and we are very lucky to have him. I don't think turning our current displays onto him is the right approach as clearly the issues are deeper than being down to a coach.
He does one session a week though. One session. He must be damn good to cram a lot into one session!
I don't buy into this we're lucky to have him either, think about it, if he was that good he would not be coaching part, part time for a club in non league.

I'm not turning on him by the way. I'm questioning what he does in one session per week and I'm questioning what we can all see with our own eyes on the pitch with players we sign. Like I said, mostly they come here then bingo they all go backwards and fans call them shit. Look at Boden as one example, who was the last player who came here who really improved whilst here? I'm struggling to think of any.

Agree to disagree on this one I think, but no one should be beyond questioning as to what they are bringing to the table. I know CD is from Wrexham and that gets immunity from any kind of questioning or criticism with many fans.
Whilst he cannot take the lions share of the blame, as others have said since he's been here the football we've seen has been dreadful, that cannot be ignored or dismissed and you can't just excuse one of the coaching staff from that, especially the one who's been here the longest and the one who we keep being told is the dogs danglies.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 22nd January 2019 at 14.44:53..
Old 23rd January 2019, 06.05:32   #48-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Looking back at results last night then we only had 1 real major blip away at Sutton.
Whilst the number of goals still wasnt the best we seemed to have a few different scorers.

Now with the bluntness of Beavon, Ruthers, Grant its gone completely pear shaped.

GB has made his bed now with Jan signings and its down to him to fix the problem.
If he stays 433 then Tollitt needs to provide the width and be given a run of games.
Oswell needs to start with either Beavon or Stockton. Give it 4 games to gel (did I really use that word) or not.
Wright has to come out from CM and maybe Walker, Summerfield and Ruthers would work better failing the signing of a new CM.

Finding the right balance will be tricky but he has to be more adventurous, if were going to fail at least go down fighting.
Old 23rd January 2019, 08.38:28   #49-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Looking back at results last night then we only had 1 real major blip away at Sutton.
Whilst the number of goals still wasnt the best we seemed to have a few different scorers.

Now with the bluntness of Beavon, Ruthers, Grant its gone completely pear shaped.

GB has made his bed now with Jan signings and its down to him to fix the problem.
If he stays 433 then Tollitt needs to provide the width and be given a run of games.
Oswell needs to start with either Beavon or Stockton. Give it 4 games to gel (did I really use that word) or not.
Wright has to come out from CM and maybe Walker, Summerfield and Ruthers would work better failing the signing of a new CM.

Finding the right balance will be tricky but he has to be more adventurous, if were going to fail at least go down fighting.
Summerfield needs to be dropped as well, he has been dire recently. There in lies our problem though if we take Wright & Summerfield out we are lacking quality in midfield.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11.10:16   #50-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Summerfield needs to be dropped as well, he has been dire recently. There in lies our problem though if we take Wright & Summerfield out we are lacking quality in midfield.
That would likely mean a midfield three of Walker, Young and Grant/Rutherford.

I can't see him dropping Summerfield though unless its a fitness issue? Even though his form has dropped considerably.

And regards Wright, if only he could be more clinical we probably would have scored several more going by the radio commentary and how many clear cut chances he has missed!

Last edited by Ooh aah Paskin; 23rd January 2019 at 11.11:28..
Old 23rd January 2019, 11.22:05   #51-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Impossible to drop Summerfield, no one to replace even if his form has nose dived.
A midfield of Walker, Wright and Young at this moment is terrifying. Two of those go missing for starters (Young, Wright) and Akil, lets be brutally honest just isn't good enough. The chances he's missed recently is criminal.
Old 23rd January 2019, 13.50:54   #52-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Impossible to drop Summerfield, no one to replace even if his form has nose dived.
A midfield of Walker, Wright and Young at this moment is terrifying. Two of those go missing for starters (Young, Wright) and Akil, lets be brutally honest just isn't good enough. The chances he's missed recently is criminal.
It’s a big problem. When a player has been getting a chance they just haven’t taken it. For all Rutherford failings in front of goal he probably would improve the midfield with Walker as the holding player and alongside Summerfield.

We are desperate for 2 good CMs like Solihull have.
Old 23rd January 2019, 15.10:32   #53-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
It’s a big problem. When a player has been getting a chance they just haven’t taken it. For all Rutherford failings in front of goal he probably would improve the midfield with Walker as the holding player and alongside Summerfield.

We are desperate for 2 good CMs like Solihull have.
Agree with this Walker, Summerfield, Ruthers. Then our strongest back 4:
Roberts, Lawlor, Pearson Jennings
and uptop: Grant/Tollitt, Oswell, Beavon/Pyke.
Old 23rd January 2019, 15.30:29   #54-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Agree with this Walker, Summerfield, Ruthers. Then our strongest back 4:
Roberts, Lawlor, Pearson Jennings
and uptop: Grant/Tollitt, Oswell, Beavon/Pyke.

The simple fact is we don't have any consistent 7 every week midfielders. We have a loaned back Walker who although he will say different won't have the same commitment to the cause as he knows he is going up 2 levels, Wright who simply put is not good enough for a regular place, Summerfield who is a perfect example or not being consistent and disappears when the going gets tough and Young who simply is absolute example of no consistency one good game in 6 until the midfield is sorted we ain't going anywhere, Rutherford is not the answer a good bench player to add energy with 20 mins to go.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.40:06.