Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th January 2019, 20.15:16   #10-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings at Fylde

Lainton 6 Need to see the first goal again to see if he could have done better
Roberts 2 Worst rb in the league
Pearson 5
Lawlor 4 both him and Pearson looking uncharacteristically unstable
Carrington 6 needs to start at RB next game
Walker 3 poor today
Grant 3 woeful
Rutherford 6 at least he had a go
Wright 3 not good enough
Summerfield 6 was ok
Beavon 4 lots of huffing and puffing but that was it
Old 19th January 2019, 21.22:43   #11-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Lainton 6 - solid enough performance, not sure I could fault him for anything today.

Roberts 4 - rarely stops the cross from opponents, and today was no exception. We have better options for his position.

Pearson 6 - mostly solid & 2 crucial blocks early in 2nd half. He must be despondent with the shite that is happening all round him. Still our lynchpin though.

Lawlor 4 - shakiest performance I’ve seen from him so far, sloppy at times. I see him as competent enough alongside Pearson provided the midfield in front of him does it’s job when needed, in defending. But the current midfield isn’t cutting it, going forward nor when on the back foot. When this happens, Lawlor is struggling.

Carrington 5 - ok but not one of his better games. Still always worthy of a place in the starting X1.

Walker 2 - Had an absolute stinker today, absolute disgrace. Any manager worth his salt would give him a tongue lashing for that dismal effort today. Waste of a shirt. If he’s not going to try now he is a Shrewsbury player, send him back.

Wright 4 - Bags Of effort, I felt he played his heart out. But he’s found wanting, all too often. Not sure Akil is up to a starting place, the ability is patchy, but can’t fault his commitment. He did more than grant and walker put together to be fair to him.

Summerfield 6 - Busy performance. He isn’t at his best, maybe tired or what, I dunno, maybe also to get the best out of him you need a better midfield around him. but he played better today than in recent games. I think he will come good again soon. Needs better support in midfield around him or his own game starts to wilt. I’d say that’s why he is not looking so effective lately. He’s carrying the other midfielders who aren’t doing enough around him.

Rutherford 5 - I’ll always like this lad, always 1000000% effort. Sooo frustrating when he takes that critical extra half a second before putting the ball in, it just gives the opponent the chance to intercept. And I wish he’d try his luck more often when a shooting opportunity arises for him. For me I’d have him as a midfielder with Summerfield (& 2 others but instead of Akil a proper creator, and a holding midfielder who is going to try harder than Walker).

Grant 0 - utterly useless waste of a shirt. Has done nothing since the day we signed him. Needs a good rollicking. Ball came to him at one point in first half, he was more interested in bodychecking the opponent than actually going for the ball itself. Has to be dropped for next game.

Beavon 4 - Didn’t do much today. He is what he is. Works hard, proper ‘baller, but rarely looks like scoring. Can’t have him as a goal getter striker....he’s at his best as target man, with a decent goal scoring striker alongside him, or as part of a livelier front three ...than just having Grant and Ruthers with him. Can’t do it all on his own.

Subs

Pyke 5 to get something out of him we need to be playing him for 90 mins each week, get him settled in up front with Beavon.

Young 3 sorry, maybe I’m missing something, but I’ve never ever noticed him do anything, in any game he’s played in. no impact, no influence on a game, waste of a shirt imho.

Stockton 3 no impact when he came on. Looking at him, and going by what TRFC fans said on twitter, he is:no super sub anyway. We need to start him or not bother at all.

Barrow, Newell, Jussi, Darlington, and co.... 0 - need to take a long hard look at what they’re doing, what’s gone wrong since the so called squad improvements have taken us backwards. Why are the team shipping goals at the back when we are still playing too defensively to attack in numbers and support the forwards? The tactics are clearly not working. Get back to basics, get more training sessions on the go.
We are on a slide which can’t be halted unless something changes in the way we are set up.

Where were...

Tollitt
Jennings
Fondop

All three can offer more than some of the players selected today

Has Jennings said something? I’d play him up front before I’d drop him! He makes things happen, same as his brother. If you played him as an emergency forward alongside Beavon and maybe Pyke, I would warrant he’d get a goal or two.

Tollitt, frankly WTF is going on??????? Bags of talent, we aren’t starting him, now he’s not even on the bench. Rumours today he’s off again, god knows.

Fondop, frustrating player, but hell, we were doing better with him than since he last played.

Last edited by WrexSi; 19th January 2019 at 21.34:40..
Old 19th January 2019, 21.26:20   #12-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
Lainton 6 - solid enough performance, not sure I could fault him for anything today.

Roberts 4 - rarely stops the cross from opponents, and today was no exception. We have better options for his position.

Pearson 6 - mostly solid & 2 crucial blocks early in 2nd half. He must be despondent with the shite that is happening all round him. Still our lynchpin though.

Lawlor 4 - shakiest performance I’ve seen from him so far, sloppy at times. I see him as competent enough ugh alongside Pearson provided the midfield in front of him does it’s job when needed, in defending. But the current midfield isn’t cutting it, going forward nor when on the back foot. When this happens, Lawlor is struggling.

Carrington 5 - ok but not one of his better games. Still always worthy of a place in the starting X1.

Walker 2 - Had an absolute stinker today, absolute disgrace. Any manager worth his salt would give him a tongue lashing for that dismal effort today. Waste of a shirt. If he’s not going to try now he is a Shrewsbury player, send him back.

Wright 4 - Bags Of effort, I felt he played his heart out. But he’s found wanting, all too often. Not sure Akil is up to a starting place, the ability is patchy, but can’t fault his commitment. He did more than grant and walker put together to be fair to him.

Summerfield 6 - Busy performance. He isn’t at his best, maybe tired or what, I dunno, maybe also to get the best out of him you need a better midfield around him. but he played better today than in recent games. I think he will come good again soon. Needs better support in midfield around him or his own game starts to wilt.

Rutherford 5 - I’ll always like this lad, always 1000000% effort. Sooo frustrating when he takes that critical extra half a second before putting the ball in, it just gives the opponent the chance to intercept. And I wish he’d try his luck more often when a shooting opportunity arises for him. For me I’d have him as a midfielder with Summerfield (& 2 others but instead of Akil a proper creator, and a holding midfielder who is going to try harder than Walker).

Grant 0 - utterly useless waste of a shirt. Has done nothing since the day we signed him. Needs a good rollicking. Ball came to him at one point in first half, he was more interested in bodychecking the opponent than actually going for the ball itself. Has to be dropped for next game.

Beavon 4 - Didn’t do much today. He is what he is. Works hard, proper ‘baller, but rarely looks like scoring. Can’t have him as a striker, he’s at his best with a decent striker alongside him, or as part of a livelier from three than just having Grant and Ruthers with him.

Subs

Pyke 5 to get something out of him we need to be playing him for 90 mins each week, get him settled in up front with Beavon.

Young 3 sorry, maybe I’m missing something, but I’ve never ever noticed him do anything, in any game he’s played in. no impact, no influence on a game, waste of a shirt imho.

Stockton 3 no impact when he came on. Looking at him, and going by what TRFC fans said on twitter, he is:no super sub anyway.mwe need to start him or not bother at all.

Barrow, Newell, Jussi, Darlington, and co.... 0 - need to take a long hard look at what they’re doing, what’s gone wrong since the so called squad improvements have taken us backwards. Why are the team shipping goals at the back when we are still playing too defensively to attack in numbers and support the forwards? The tactics are clearly not working. Get back to basics, get more training sessions on the go.
We are on a slide which can’t be halted unless something changes in the way we are set up.
That is a perfect summary.
Old 20th January 2019, 08.37:50   #13-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC LITTLE MAN View Post
Lainton 6 did ok
Roberts 3 Tried to get forward first half to no effect
Pearson 5 Solid in the, poor against pace
Lawlor 5 As above
Carrington 6 Usual effort, should be on right instead of Roberts
Summerfield 6 Tried to create something, but off form
Walker 2 At least we didn't sign him permanently
Grant 3 See Walker
Wright 4 Always tries, but out of his depth
Beavon 4 Has been very poor since Boxing day
Subs
Pyle 6 At least the defenders knew he was there, not fully fit
Young 5 Ran around a lot, but becoming a disappointment
Stockton 4 Didn't notice he was on the pitch
First ten we were up for it, next 80 we were nervous, clueless and most worrying so predictable , Fyled sussed us out and were first to everything, frustrating to say they didn't look great either.
I left with ten to go, all too depressing.
Old 20th January 2019, 08.57:45   #14-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

One of the worst performances I've seen all season. We started on the front foot but as time went on Fylde took more and more control of the game. At times in the second half it was all too easy for them.

Ratings:

Lainton - 6: Our MOTM. Pulled off an excellent few saves (the one in the first half where he tipped the header over the bar being the stand-out) but the outfielders gave him too much to do, David De Gea wouldn't have kept a clean sheet in that match.
Roberts - 4: I like him usually, but that Ashley Hemmings had him on toast. Lost his temper and let the Fylde fans get under his skin, not his proudest moment in a Wrexham shirt.
Pearson - 5: Did what he could but, again, had too much to do.
Lawlor - 5: Same as above. I don't think any blame should be put on our centre-backs for this one.
Carrington - 5: Was okay at left-back. He's the reason none of their goals came from their right hand side.
Walker - 3: Not a good day at the office for him. Lost the ball a lot.
Summerfield - 4: Attempted to create but nothing came off.
Wright - 3: May as well have not been there today. I like him normally but that might have been the worst I've seen him play.
Rutherford - 5: Gave his usual effort and nearly scored a few times, but as is usually the case with him, close but no cigar. His goalscoring record is what kept him from being a League 2 player for most of his career.
Grant - 4: Tried to do something but came up against a very solid back-line.
Beavon - 4: Was kept quiet all game. For the first time in a Wrexham shirt he looked his age.

SUBS:
Pyke - 4: Went missing for large periods when he came on. May as well have been sent off immediately given the impact he made.
Stockton - 4: See above, not a great day for him, although granted the supply wasn't there for either him or Pyke.
Young - 4: Did nothing but get booked.

We really need some sort of change. There's 11 days of the transfer window left to do it. I don't think I've ever hated being the Wrexham crowd more since we lost 5-0 at Accrington Stanley. We just looked hopeless and I bet Fylde would have been disappointed they didn't put more past us.
Old 20th January 2019, 10.47:18   #15-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
The Walker thing is another cock up, he'll go through motions knowing he's not here beyond May

Exactly what I said when we loaned him back his heart is not in this club another stupid mistake, all the moaning about forwards not scoring when it's the midfield that is shit.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 20th January 2019, 11.30:35   #16-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halkynred View Post
First ten we were up for it, next 80 we were nervous, clueless and most worrying so predictable , Fyled sussed us out and were first to everything, frustrating to say they didn't look great either.
NLP rates most of them 7/8 and us 5/6 - sums it up.
Old 20th January 2019, 11.50:53   #17-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Rutherford? He doesn’t score either
He shouldn’t be played as a forward. We need fondop back in the squad who actually is a forward.

Our defence which was the best in the league can’t keep a clean sheet now but the issue for me is the midfield both in terms of covering the defence and creating for the forwards. Wright and Walker are too similar so it should be one playing, there is no pace at all and we keep signing players who then are not even in the squad.
Old 20th January 2019, 11.51:10   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halkynred View Post
It is the so predictable bit thats costing us, we are like a team of robots were all players have near enough the same ability and same style of play that never changes. Not having the likes of Tollit and Fondop at least on the bench to offer something different and maybe shake things up seems totally illogical.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.09:03.