Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th January 2019, 19.42:29   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Why is Graham Barrow so negative ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynprifathro View Post
We have never beaten AFC Fylde! Barrow however is old school and believes if you don't concede a goal, one goal only will win a match. Unfortunately, his selection showed a lack of creativity, pace and forward power!
Stand to be corrected - but from memory and thinking of both the league and cup games we have played Fylde home and away - have we ever scored a single goal against them ?

Last two seasons we have drawn 0 - 0 at home.
Lost 2 - 0 last season and now this.
Lost 1 - 0 at their place in the FA Cup.

If and when we score against them the day should be declared a public holiday throughout the whole of North Wales and the goalscorer knighted.
Old 20th January 2019, 19.58:01   #20-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Any particular reason for starting Rutherford? One of the biggest parts of the problem of lack of goals, how many times does he get in good positions and ‘nearly’ scores or ‘nearly’ put a good cross in. He and many others get lauded around on here and social media but in reality not good enough for us, these players would be lucky to find another club in this league if they were to leave us.
Agree with this, Ruthers is the nearly man, has passion and runs his goonards off most of time, yesterday he was piss poor when we needed a few quality balls in the box.
to get out of this hell hole we need to look for a stronger faster winger.
Old 20th January 2019, 20.19:53   #21-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halkynred View Post
Agree with this, Ruthers is the nearly man, has passion and runs his goonards off most of time, yesterday he was piss poor when we needed a few quality balls in the box.
to get out of this hell hole we need to look for a stronger faster winger.
It’s not acceptable for Rutherford to take the blame for this appalling mess. His attitude throughout has been perfect and even yesterday he was still trying to do the right thing when everyone else around him had given up. He would be my first name on the team sheet.
Old 20th January 2019, 20.30:07   #22-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Any particular reason for starting Rutherford? One of the biggest parts of the problem of lack of goals, how many times does he get in good positions and ‘nearly’ scores or ‘nearly’ put a good cross in. He and many others get lauded around on here and social media but in reality not good enough for us, these players would be lucky to find another club in this league if they were to leave us.

Agree with this runs around a lot though.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 20th January 2019, 20.58:35   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX777 View Post
It’s not acceptable for Rutherford to take the blame for this appalling mess. His attitude throughout has been perfect and even yesterday he was still trying to do the right thing when everyone else around him had given up. He would be my first name on the team sheet.
Isn't this accepting mediocrity though? Effort should be a prerequisite in a professional footballer playing for this club.
Old 20th January 2019, 21.09:42   #24-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
Isn't this accepting mediocrity though? Effort should be a prerequisite in a professional footballer playing for this club.
He isn’t mediocre . He is a cracking pro, the sortv that every team needs. If you are looking for mediocrity you will find plenty of it elsewhere in the club, on the pitch and off it.
Old 20th January 2019, 21.11:57   #25-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
unfortunately like it or not ‘Ruthers’ is part of the problem, in the 3 season he’s been here we’ve finished in 2 of the lowest positions and being one of the lowest scorers in the league and this season is now going that way. It’s not entirely his fault but he is part of the problem, fans lauding him and Akil Wright around on here and social media don’t help matters as you/they have accepted mediocrity. If ‘Ruthers’ wasn’t with us he’d be a National North player, he wouldn’t get on the bench in most sides in this league yet we rely on him for goals and assists. 5 goals in 113 games for us, and about 20-25 assists we should be looking at players who get that in 1 season. Dom Vose has 10 assists and 10 goals by middle December yet he’s castigated as some villain because he didn’t ‘track back’, it really is baffling that most actually watch games if they did theyllsee that the likes of ‘Ruthers’ achieves nothing in most games.
Old 20th January 2019, 21.14:04   #26-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
He isn’t mediocre . He is a cracking pro, the sortv that every team needs. If you are looking for mediocrity you will find plenty of it elsewhere in the club, on the pitch and off it.
No one has mentioned he’s not a ‘cracking pro’ have they? Again if that’s the only positive attribute you can think of it shows how far we have fallen.
Old 20th January 2019, 21.27:08   #27-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Players have to take a bit of the responsibility,don't they.But Barrow,well,my gut started rumbling before Salford away,when I saw the line-up.The guy just seems to lack imagination,he appears to be largely of the 'if it ain't broke ... don't fix it' school [hence his battering away with the Grant-Beavon combo up top over the festive period].He's gone out and brought in one or two lads who seem like panic signings,then almost immediately goes back to the tried [but not so tested] formula of that festive period.

I think that the team spirit we appeared to have under SR [which may have carried us quite some way],has somewhat begun to splutter,and this is making the technical limitations of the current squad more evident.I really do like to think that I'm someone who usually gives people a fair crack of the whip,but I just don't see GB turning this around,sadly,I really don't.I think I'd give him the next four games to try to get us going again,and if we were still hemorrhaging points,take the axe to it [whilst fishing for a potential replacement].

Last edited by dlrwrexham; 20th January 2019 at 21.28:15..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.08:31.