Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th January 2019, 20.26:28   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Are you the new club photographer?

Job ad being circulated https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/media-team-photographer - unsure if this is in addition to the current club photographers Alun Roberts & Robert Stead both who do great work, or if if one is going. If the latter hopefully their good work will be recognised.

Anyway, the job add is worth a look if such stuff is your line and looking for experience or to help the club.

One thing I am on the fence over is the mention of gifs - on the one hand I hope this means we are not going down the cliched route of goal celebration gifs, but on the other, that would mean we are scoring

( Also - One leader snapper quoting someone not happy calling it slave labour https://twitter.com/geoffabb/status/1089863576020545536 )
Old 28th January 2019, 20.39:53   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Are you the new club photographer?

I Believe Rob Stead does a lot of the video work judging by the highlight credits so perhaps can't do what they require?

Also sure I read on Carl Hogan's twitter that its additional to Alun's work?

good chance I guess for someone hoping to develop / gain experience.....I guess the pro photographers are kicking off due to wanting to get Paid? Hard to pay someone if the like it says the whole media team are volounteers and pay their own travel
Old 28th January 2019, 20.56:08   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Media Room

To be clear this isn't for a "Club Photographer" role. This is for a photographer to join the media team to deliver pictures instantly during the game of key incidents for our text commentary on twitter and for snapchat and insta. We're just looking at ways to make it better.

The gif element isn't goal gifs - it's more reaction gifs for post production. Like the one we posted of Rob Lainton this morning on twitter.

This isn't a role that Alun can help us with as his images are being saved directly to his camera for a gallery, for website use and for the commercial department. His role is big enough without us adding to it anyway. We are very grateful to Alun for helping us out as it is and I believe he is well aware of that.

We're not looking for a professional sports photographer - as always we are looking for a volunteer to come on board. We don't have a media budget so paying someone is out of the question. I understand buying photography equipment is expensive but this is more of a role suitable for someone looking to build a small portfolio of experience in a real life sports environment.

It seems one or two photographers have taken exception to the fact that we lift share to away games and whoever joins would be expected to chip in for fuel like the rest of us. It's pretty common at this level of football for media volunteers to be doing that. I think calling it slave labour is rather sour - our directors aren't paid nor do they get free transport - so why should a photographer.
Old 28th January 2019, 21.04:26   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Team View Post
To be clear this isn't for a "Club Photographer" role. This is for a photographer to join the media team to deliver pictures instantly during the game of key incidents for our text commentary on twitter and for snapchat and insta. We're just looking at ways to make it better.

The gif element isn't goal gifs - it's more reaction gifs for post production. Like the one we posted of Rob Lainton this morning on twitter.

This isn't a role that Alun can help us with as his images are being saved directly to his camera for a gallery, for website use and for the commercial department. His role is big enough without us adding to it anyway. We are very grateful to Alun for helping us out as it is and I believe he is well aware of that.

We're not looking for a professional sports photographer - as always we are looking for a volunteer to come on board. We don't have a media budget so paying someone is out of the question. I understand buying photography equipment is expensive but this is more of a role suitable for someone looking to build a small portfolio of experience in a real life sports environment.

It seems one or two photographers have taken exception to the fact that we lift share to away games and whoever joins would be expected to chip in for fuel like the rest of us. It's pretty common at this level of football for media volunteers to be doing that. I think calling it slave labour is rather sour - our directors aren't paid nor do they get free transport - so why should a photographer.
Too right we are hardly an investment bank with billion pound profits hiring cheap interns. Some people are never happy unless they're sniping. Keep up the good work, this will be a nice role for someone starting on the ladder.
Old 28th January 2019, 21.04:54   #5-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:

I hadn't seen that - for others it is this one https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/stat...18745219043330

I was fearing stuff like https://twitter.com/BristolCity/stat...56104560857089 https://twitter.com/Matchday_Mkt/sta...51722385117191 or even https://twitter.com/Matchday_Mkt/sta...78266087612416

Anyway, off to the stuff that annoys me thread in offtopic to post up https://twitter.com/Matchday_Mkt/sta...20031450746880
Old 29th January 2019, 12.19:57   #6-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

God. How embarrassing and tacky. Please, please nothing like this.
Probably just my age showing through!!
Old 29th January 2019, 13.33:27   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:

As an alternative, if you can't find someone to fill the role, you could perhaps use tethering with Alun's camera? Obviously, there would be teething problems but it's an idea to mull around. Wi-fi is increasingly common in DSLR's now too so that would be even better but it depends what camera Alun has

Also, don't take the "Slave labour" comments to heart, it's a massive overreaction from the woman. I can go online right now and find many listings for photographers that are unpaid so it's very common in the photography industry and none of those roles offer the opportunities that Wrexham AFC are offering.

I speak from experience as doing bits of work for the football club years ago led to some great opportunities for me

Keep up the great work!
Old 29th January 2019, 13.53:19   #8-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

I've got a Polaroid instamatic so would save on sending the films to truprint for developing.
Reckon that will swing it ?

Last edited by wil; 29th January 2019 at 13.54:35..
Old 29th January 2019, 13.59:00   #9-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil View Post
I've got a Polaroid instamatic so would save on sending the films to truprint for developing.
Reckon that will swing it ?
And we all know the REAL reason you got that camera, avoiding having to take the film in to be developed.....
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.26:38.