RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Barrow comments on our midfield (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113325-barrow-comments-our-midfield.html)

benwilliams 30th January 2019 12.26:48

Barrow comments on our midfield

Thought this deserved it's own thread. In the leader Barrow says no one is coming in now but some may go out.

Mentions Summerfield injury and says Young can cover him and that Carra and Matty Sargent are then the back up.

Really worrying in my view that our midfield 3 is Young Wright and Walker and the dearth in creativity and suitable cover that brings. No mention by Barrow of Deverdics which suggests he's a goner but surely worth ahead of Carrington and a kid??

WREX01 30th January 2019 12.35:11

Re: Barrow comments on our midfield

Akil Wright is very very poor.

Needs to be replaced by someone with an attacking instinct.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Danny Boy 30th January 2019 12.40:48

I honestly think that Deverdics would do more in the midfield 3 at the moment then a few of them if the balance was right.....Same for Fondop up front. That's pretty damning.

wxmdoug 30th January 2019 12.41:23

we need a quality midfielder which we have all said that all season.

there is no creativity or leadership coming from the middle of the park .

its a bit like when mills was here square pegs into round holes

pagl was blue in the face stating the fact

we miss out this season if we are not careful again this season .

TWREX 30th January 2019 12.46:04

[QUOTE=WREX01;2225057]Akil Wright is very very poor.

Needs to be replaced by someone with an attacking instinct.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I thought Akil Wright was a defensive midfielder being played out of position? Our midfield looks threadbare compared to our striker situation and to a less degree the back four.

LlayDragon 30th January 2019 12.52:38

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2225058]I honestly think that Deverdics would do more in the midfield 3 at the moment then a few of them if the balance was right.....Same for Fondop up front. That's pretty damning.[/QUOTE]

Even though our midfield is poor it's not that bad.

LlayDragon 30th January 2019 12.55:42

[QUOTE=TWREX;2225060][B]I thought Akil Wright was a defensive midfielder being played out of position?[/B] Our midfield looks threadbare compared to our striker situation and to a less degree the back four.[/QUOTE]

He played on the right wing when at Borrow; he's only been played defensively here.

I like Wright but he's not showing enough to stay in the team. There's not a lot to push him out though.

TWREX 30th January 2019 12.58:25

Well he's certainly poop playing as an attacking midfielder!

Hightown Brymbo Red 30th January 2019 13.19:08

He also said he wasn't going to panic and get another midfield player in!. He either trusts his present midfield or he has poor judgement. Results will prove whether he is right or wrong

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.58:13.