RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Young and Stockton (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113336-young-stockton.html)

Congy Red 2nd February 2019 19.15:05

Young and Stockton

Our short term future is in the hands of Young and Stockton.
Young has not been an overnight success. Midfield don't seem to work with similar players. Young has a chance ahead of Summer field now. He might score more goals and might be better when in the box the Wright.

I am not too unhappy losing Pyke as Stockton looks to be similar. Pyke never convinced me but he wasn't dross so wasn't easy to drop. I think Stockton will score more goals once fit, and he's not far off.

I think the injury to Summerfield and the loss of Pyke might just clear the air for a good finish.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

davewilli 2nd February 2019 19.25:44

Re: Young and Stockton

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2225908]Our short term future is in the hands of Young and Stockton.
Young has not been an overnight success. Midfield don't seem to work with similar players. Young has a chance ahead of Summer field now. He might score more goals and might be better when in the box the Wright.

I am not too unhappy losing Pyke as Stockton looks to be similar. Pyke never convinced me but he wasn't dross so wasn't easy to drop. I think Stockton will score more goals once fit, and he's not far off.

I think the injury to Summerfield and the loss of Pyke might just clear the air for a good finish.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Hopefully Young will kick on after his second half performance last week, but it needs to be in addition to Summerfield not as a replacement. Summerfield has made a huge difference for us barring our barren January, I was away last week but Calon FM were really singing his praises first half v Maidenhead and it sounded like he was back at it until he got injured. Walker, Summerfield, Young should be decent but it has been Young who hasn't quite lived up to expectation.

I don't think Stockton has Pyke's class but from what bit I saw of him at Tranmere he will be much more of a physical presence.

pagl 2nd February 2019 19.30:09

[QUOTE=davewilli;2225911]Hopefully Young will kick on after his second half performance last week, but it needs to be in addition to Summerfield not as a replacement. Summerfield has made a huge difference for us barring our barren January, I was away last week but Calon FM were really singing his praises first half v Maidenhead and it sounded like he was back at it until he got injured. Walker, Summerfield, Young should be decent but it has been Young who hasn't quite lived up to expectation.

I don't think Stockton has Pyke's class but from what bit I saw of him at Tranmere he will be much more of a physical presence.[/QUOTE]

Young is different to Summerfield and makes more forward runs.
He is also far better than Wright.

Cant say Summerfield was any better last week as first half wasnt a good advert.

As for Stockton, not enough seen to make a call yet.

Lods 2nd February 2019 19.33:15

Summerfield is class on his day, and you could have put a case forward for him being our player of the season before January.

However, Luke Young does have the making of a high-level NL midfielder. He's the most dynamic centre mid we have and it's always nice to have someone who can score from midfield (he definitely isn't afraid to have a pop)There's no reason Young and Summerfield can't work in tandem.

Stockton needs game time. He doesn't look match-fit at all, hopefully Barrow and co. are working on his fitness because he can be a nuisance on his day.

billybersham 2nd February 2019 20.47:32

[QUOTE=davewilli;2225911]Hopefully Young will kick on after his second half performance last week, but it needs to be in addition to Summerfield not as a replacement. Summerfield has made a huge difference for us barring our barren January, I was away last week but Calon FM were really singing his praises first half v Maidenhead and it sounded like he was back at it until he got injured. Walker, Summerfield, Young should be decent but it has been Young who hasn't quite lived up to expectation.

I don't think Stockton has Pyke's class but from what bit I saw of him at Tranmere he will be much more of a physical presence.[/QUOTE]

Has Summerfield lived up to expectation goes missing to often expected better,I have watched Pyke so many times and Iam still waiting to see any class.

krux 2nd February 2019 21.12:50

I'd say our short term future.is in the hand of Tollitt and Oswell.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 3rd February 2019 03.38:58

[QUOTE=krux;2225921]I'd say our short term future.is in the hand of Tollitt and Oswell.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Its doubtful Grant will improve things given his form to date. Stockton is unknown but concerned over comments about his laziness.
Kennedy appears to be cover for Manny.

So pressure is on playing Oswell and Tollitt then!!

Our real short term future lies in goals. Shareout in the team is abysmal, we have plenty of away games and not scored in last 5 of them.

Red_Jackoisback 3rd February 2019 07.57:40

[QUOTE=pagl;2225929]Its doubtful Grant will improve things given his form to date. Stockton is unknown but concerned over comments about his laziness.
Kennedy appears to be cover for Manny.

So pressure is on playing Oswell and Tollitt then!!

Our real short term future lies in goals. Shareout in the team is abysmal, we have plenty of away games and not scored in last 5 of them.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t Tollit due to go back to Prenton Park?

pagl 3rd February 2019 08.13:18

[QUOTE=Red_Jackoisback;2225942]Isn’t Tollit due to go back to Prenton Park?[/QUOTE]

Prob by the time he gets a game :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.32:10.