Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd February 2019, 18.11:26   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Shropshire reds meeting

The next Shropshire Reds meeting will be tomorrow, Monday 4th February, at The Keys, St Martins. Our guest for the evening will be Wrexham AFC board member Gavin Jones.

Non members are welcome and you can join on the night. Kick off is 7.30pm
Old 4th February 2019, 12.05:46   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Shropshire reds meeting

Do the Shreds still have a football team?

About 15 years ago we played two memorable games at Lex and Colliers Park featuring the Shropshire Reds v Hull City Southern Supporters. Then we got on the beers together at the Lager Club in town before watching the real thing in the afternoon.

I like to think that those games helped to cement a bit of a bond between the two clubs. The second of which was potentially one of Wrexham's last games as per this article https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...city-2-5290600 where Hull turned out in numbers as a bit of a show of solidarity having gone through similar financial problems themselves.

Unfortunately, we lost one of the HCSS players who played in those games to cancer recently as per https://www.gofundme.com/friends-of-...HFEL-fkbJKiKk0 and at his funeral the Wrexham games were fondly remembered. Thanks go to those Wrexham fans who have kindly donated to the fund including Director John Mills.

We're planning a number of events to remember Craig and hopefully raise some much needed funds for his family. One of which will be a football tournament in his name that will be held in Barnet where he lived.

The second idea was to hold another Shreds v Hull game to complete the hat-trick of games as part of a mini-tour that will take in fundraising games in London, Wrexham and Hull.

Would the Shropshire Reds be keen to get involved in either (or both) and field a team?
Old 4th February 2019, 12.14:22   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexy View Post

About 15 years ago we played two memorable games at Lex and Colliers Park featuring the Shropshire Reds v Hull City Southern Supporters. Then we got on the beers together at the Lager Club in town before watching the real thing in the afternoon.

I like to think that those games helped to cement a bit of a bond between the two clubs. The second of which was potentially one of Wrexham's last games as per this article https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...city-2-5290600 where Hull turned out in numbers as a bit of a show of solidarity having gone through similar financial problems themselves.

Unfortunately, we lost one of the HCSS players who played in those games to cancer recently as per https://www.gofundme.com/friends-of-...HFEL-fkbJKiKk0 and at his funeral the Wrexham games were fondly remembered. Thanks go to those Wrexham fans who have kindly donated to the fund including Director John Mills.

We're planning a number of events to remember Craig and hopefully raise some much needed funds for his family. One of which will be a football tournament in his name that will be held in Barnet where he lived.

The second idea was to hold another Shreds v Hull game to complete the hat-trick of games as part of a mini-tour that will take in fundraising games in London, Wrexham and Hull.

Would the Shropshire Reds be keen to get involved in either (or both) and field a team?

Unfortunately we don't, the membership is getting older. In recent season we've struggled to put together a team for the supporters groups 8 a side tournament.

Best of luck with your efforts
Old 5th February 2019, 12.25:08   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:

Remember the Hull match down at Colliers....think we had to play with 9 men while a live interview was going on at the side of the pitch with Bryn Law and Pete Jones.. Could have been a 2-2 draw Think it was before the 3G pitch was put in by Moss.

I see the real game was 2-2.

If only my legs were 14 years younger

Last edited by jonesfach; 5th February 2019 at 12.34:46..
Old 5th February 2019, 14.26:14   #5-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Remember the Hull match down at Colliers....think we had to play with 9 men while a live interview was going on at the side of the pitch with Bryn Law and Pete Jones.. Could have been a 2-2 draw Think it was before the 3G pitch was put in by Moss.

I see the real game was 2-2.

If only my legs were 14 years younger
We played on the main grass pitch that England and Barcelona (???) had trained on and it was like a carpet - one of the best pitches I've ever played on.

Pete & Bryn played centre half for the Shreds if memory serves. I'm not sure what the score was when they started the interview but the final score was 7-1 to Hull City.

The real thing later that day was a cracking game. Remember it well. Wrexham were 2-0 up at HT and I remember my 9 year old cousin's son (who was attending his first ever game) using my mobile to phone all the Hull City lads who'd played in the morning game singing "Hull City are rubbish" down the phone to them. Final score was 2-2.
Old 5th February 2019, 18.53:55   #6-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
We played on the main grass pitch that England and Barcelona (???) had trained on and it was like a carpet - one of the best pitches I've ever played on.

Pete & Bryn played centre half for the Shreds if memory serves. I'm not sure what the score was when they started the interview but the final score was 7-1 to Hull City.

The real thing later that day was a cracking game. Remember it well. Wrexham were 2-0 up at HT and I remember my 9 year old cousin's son (who was attending his first ever game) using my mobile to phone all the Hull City lads who'd played in the morning game singing "Hull City are rubbish" down the phone to them. Final score was 2-2.
Don't remember getting thrashed tbh, but definately knew our esteemed centre halves were shite.. We had a decent midfield though

Was a good day
Old 5th February 2019, 19.04:26   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Don't remember getting thrashed tbh, but definately knew our esteemed centre halves were shite.. We had a decent midfield though

Was a good day
Certainly was and that weekend went down in Hull City folklore as one of the lads met his now wife in the evening for the first time. Within weeks he'd moved to Wrexham and lives there to this day.

We turned it on a bit in the game at Colliers Park and that amazing pitch suited us. We played together in a league in London every week so know each other's game and had a good team that year.

The game at Lex was a bit closer. 3-1 or 3-0 to Hull. Hull were short that day so I pulled in a couple of Wrexham lads to play for Hull. One of whom was Steve McKenzie who scored a brilliant hat-trick in the bright red boots that he bought earlier that morning at JJB. Steve tragically took his own life in 2017 but he always talked about that hat-trick in his blingy-boots.
Old 5th February 2019, 19.13:26   #8-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Certainly was and that weekend went down in Hull City folklore as one of the lads met his now wife in the evening for the first time. Within weeks he'd moved to Wrexham and lives there to this day.

We turned it on a bit in the game at Colliers Park and that amazing pitch suited us. We played together in a league in London every week so know each other's game and had a good team that year.

The game at Lex was a bit closer. 3-1 or 3-0 to Hull. Hull were short that day so I pulled in a couple of Wrexham lads to play for Hull. One of whom was Steve McKenzie who scored a brilliant hat-trick in the bright red boots that he bought earlier that morning at JJB. Steve tragically took his own life in 2017 but he always talked about that hat-trick in his blingy-boots.
I didn't get invited to the Lex game, hence the better score line.., but that's very sad to hear about someone taking their own life. Don't think I knew Steve tbh but a hat trick in any game is one thing anyone will remember.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.44:46.