RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Moneybags (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113345-moneybags.html)

Wirral Red 5th February 2019 08.12:45

Moneybags

As we seem to be flush with cash and the transfer window closed I thought a bit of entertainment in this quiet midweek might be suggestions to the board on how to spend it. Try for two suggestions perhaps one light hearted and one that could be done.
1- Never mind chips for a quid, free chips at the Chesterfield game

2- Free transport for fans to the Orient game on March 9th.

You can decide which one is light hearted.

WrexSi 5th February 2019 08.22:10

Re: Moneybags

1. All front row seats on the three sides of the ground to be fitted with 360 degree rotating mechanism. Fans can choose to either sit with their backs to the pitch, or turn round and watch, depending on the performance..... as on The Voice on tv. (Sorry, my imagination is bonkers)

2. Use some money for further funding of free tickets for local kids football teams, schools etc, to encourage the next generation of fans, to all remaining home games this season.

BillEBadass 5th February 2019 08.29:54

I am still confident we'll at least make the play offs. Whilst both of the above have their merits I hope that every penny is spent on strengthening the team for 2019/2020 for what might have to be another push for promotion.

If our current team had a creative mid fielder and a proven goal scorer we would be out of sight in this years league.

The Board must also be brave about Barrow - either give him 100% backing to build the next team or bring in someone new with enough time left to do it.

Failing all that we may as well have free chips.

OriginalRhylRed 5th February 2019 08.37:07

free travel to an away game sounds a great idea we did it way back for a game at Halifax

techender 5th February 2019 08.43:52

We have taken 1000+ fans to a few away games this season (Solihull, Salford, Fylde, Chesterfield) and the motivation it provided the team resulted in the grand total of one point in return.

Paying to send the fans anywhere would therefore appear to be a waste of time.

I'd go with the chips option instead.

Phils-an-alki 5th February 2019 08.45:14

[QUOTE=BillEBadass;2226201]I am still confident we'll at least make the play offs. Whilst both of the above have their merits I hope that every penny is spent on strengthening the team for 2019/2020 for what might have to be another push for promotion.

[B]If our current team had a creative mid fielder and a proven goal scorer we would be out of sight in this years league.[/B]

The Board must also be brave about Barrow - either give him 100% backing to build the next team or bring in someone new with enough time left to do it.

Failing all that we may as well have free chips.[/QUOTE]

The club had their chance to rectify this but chose not to. All the excuses previously valid have now gone.

Alan Attack 5th February 2019 09.39:34

Are we flush with cash?

John Neals Dynasty 5th February 2019 09.48:01

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2226217]Are we flush with cash?[/QUOTE]

No just some think we are.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Iesty 5th February 2019 09.48:37

get a truckload of graham barrow masks printed off on high quality paper

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.29:16.