RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Consortium bidding for Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113376-consortium-bidding-wrexham.html)

Bushfield Stand 8th February 2019 12.40:31

Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2229118]your guess is as good as mine, they always have a club in their portfolio, and have just left Bangor, so will be looking to acquire another one, they took over Bangor through stooges then announced Vaughan as the 'sponsor'[/QUOTE]

If the Vaughan's did come in then we wouldn't have to worry about paying the water and electric bills ....

RED2309 8th February 2019 12.49:46

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2229235]I doubt any prospective consortium would get very far anyway , it's easy to put the stoppers on any outsiders getting anywhere , it's obvious that present board members wouldn't allow it , this last episode tells you they are very insular and maybe insecure over any potential removal of their grip on the future of this club , it's theirs and ain't nobody going to change that .[/QUOTE]

There is a pathway for prospective investors to follow.

From memory they have to put a £5k bond up front and sign a non-disclosure agreement then they can look at the financial operations.

I would disagree that the club is "theirs" (the boards) its ours.

CRUMBS 8th February 2019 13.13:36

RED2309 you seem to go around a lot trying to quash subjects , nip things in the bud , you seem a bit spooky , like a minder of sorts , I stand by what I said , thanks .

Teifi Red 8th February 2019 13.17:35

Pardon me for asking but as I understand the situation, about 3 months ago a consortium interested in the Club approached Bryn Law who gave said consortium an overview of the Club. I think that bit is correct?
What happened then? Was the Club approached and if so by whom?
I know 2 previous groups approached but were quickly dismissed due to their "shady" intentions. (From memory one just wanted to use Club to progress their players or something similar)
Can anyone give factual light on this latest approach?

pagl 8th February 2019 13.18:53

[QUOTE=RED2309;2229336]There is a pathway for prospective investors to follow.

From memory they have to put a £5k bond up front and sign a non-disclosure agreement then they can look at the financial operations.

I would disagree that the club is "theirs" (the boards) its ours.[/QUOTE]

I think this week has shown the club is the toy of the WAFC board and they can do what they want, wen they want and hide it all as containing leaks.

RED2309 8th February 2019 13.30:59

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2229354]RED2309 you seem to go around a lot trying to quash subjects , nip things in the bud , you seem a bit spooky , like a minder of sorts , I stand by what I said , thanks .[/QUOTE]

Thought I was just putting some information out there that might would clarify that there is provision for investors to approach.

I am not against outside investment...............spookily!:)

CRUMBS 8th February 2019 13.37:12

There might be provision there which I'm aware of , but my point is obviously that this board can ignore it , rebuff it , be threatened by it , tell us nothing of it , etc , but we won't know , get it . Your on the board ain't ya .

Todd Sweeney 8th February 2019 13.43:08

[QUOTE=pagl;2229359]I think this week has shown the club is the toy of the WAFC board and they can do what they want, wen they want and hide it all as containing leaks.[/QUOTE]

That’s not true. There is a procedure for the approach to take with potential investors, and this was voted for by the owners (us).

If potential investors follow the procedure, as red2309 described it, any decision on whether to talk to them is taken out of the WST or club board’s hands; they would have to.

RED2309 8th February 2019 13.53:01

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2229377]There might be provision there which I'm aware of , but my point is obviously that this board can ignore it , rebuff it , be threatened by it , tell us nothing of it , etc , but we won't know , get it . Your on the board ain't ya .[/QUOTE]

I'm not on the board.
If the procedure is followed it can't be ignored and I'm sure a potential investor would and should blow the whistle if that was the case.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.57:11.