RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Consortium bidding for Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113376-consortium-bidding-wrexham.html)

NottsRed 7th February 2019 11.38:38

Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

[QUOTE=Rob;2228353]I didn't mean his tweets were odd.

The odd bit to me is if this 'consortium' has been known for three months and OBL did not mention it first, someone out there decided yesterday of all days to make it public.[/QUOTE]

Bit like the politicians burying bad news when something major happens.

I've never been keen on consortiums coming in with money after whats happened in the past but this weeks utter fiasco has changed my mind. If and its a big if we can gain some funding through this I think we should try and emulate what Lincoln did. Wasn't huge amounts they got something like 300K but they used it well.

Problem we've got though we've just given a 3.5 year deal to a manger who couldn't cut it three divisions lower.

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 11.38:55

I'm starting to think the club board are all about self preservation over and above everything else.

John Neals Dynasty 7th February 2019 12.29:04

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2228371]I'm starting to think the club board are all about self preservation over and above everything else.[/QUOTE]

Of course they are they love the ego power trip they are on.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redone 7th February 2019 12.42:58

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2228370]Bit like the politicians burying bad news when something major happens.

I've never been keen on consortiums coming in with money after whats happened in the past but this weeks utter fiasco has changed my mind. If and its a big if we can gain some funding through this I think we should try and emulate what Lincoln did. Wasn't huge amounts they got something like 300K but they used it well.

Problem we've got though we've just given a 3.5 year deal to a manger who couldn't cut it three divisions lower.[/QUOTE]

dont worry about the 3.5yr contract!!! we only have to pay 1month or at worst 3mnths CQR

dixienormous 7th February 2019 12.48:37

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2228371]I'm starting to think the club board are all about self preservation over and above everything else.[/QUOTE]

I've felt like this for ages.

Ipswich Red 7th February 2019 13.22:33

My concern with anyone buying the club is that they can still make us homeless. If they own the club they would, defacto, own the lease. They could also buy the ground back from the uni and sell it on at a huge profit leaving us with nothing, much like Hamilton's intent.
Happy with investment but massive amounts of due diligence would be necessary.

ABd 7th February 2019 13.26:54

[QUOTE=Ipswich Red;2228485]My concern with anyone buying the club is that they can still make us homeless. If they own the club they would, defacto, own the lease. They could also buy the ground back from the uni and sell it on at a huge profit leaving us with nothing, much like Hamilton's intent.
Happy with investment but massive amounts of due diligence would be necessary.[/QUOTE]

How would they make a huge profit from the ground? Glyndwr wouldn’t sell cheaply (if at all).

RED2309 7th February 2019 13.37:49

I'd advise any bidders for the club to read RP first to get the measure of the abuse and nonsense they'd be letting themselves in for.:D

The leader of the consortium would obviously have to be on an ego trip as he couldn't just be doing it for the benefit of the club.

krux 7th February 2019 13.42:26

[QUOTE=Ipswich Red;2228485]My concern with anyone buying the club is that they can still make us homeless. If they own the club they would, defacto, own the lease. They could also buy the ground back from the uni and sell it on at a huge profit leaving us with nothing, much like Hamilton's intent.
Happy with investment but massive amounts of due diligence would be necessary.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. we would need to be satisfied that they are right for us

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.13:38.