Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th February 2019, 13.23:45   #51-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: On my backside usually
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelegged harry View Post
Have you thought that the consortium could consist of Wrexham Fans who can
see the way the club is being driven and want to step in and save it.
A lot cannot see anything other than the status quo. We need to be open minded and fully explore other options, not dismissing them out of hand.

No one is advocating as far as I know, just dumping the club in the hands of some unscrupulous person or organisation.
Old 7th February 2019, 13.25:41   #52-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Number6's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Dave
Twitter: @??????





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipswich Red View Post
I think the uni would accept a bid that got them their investment back rather than a profit. I think a bit of an albatross to them.
Yes, Prof. Scott wanted the ground, also for the club to prosper. When he left and the new Dean took over, she regarded the Racecourse simply as an asset, and wanted nothing to do with the football club. They would offload the ground, in the same way as Marstons did when someone offered them a cash settlement on the unexpired lease, but we have first refusal. They are also happy that we now cover all the expenditure and all the ancilliary employees (groundsmen, stewards, shop/bar staff, turnstiles etc) are off their payroll. £2m would probably buy it, which is why it is imperative that any 'consortium' is coming in for football reasons, and that the required due diligence is done. In this case, a bond of £50k HAS to be placed with the club, before talks can commence, and a detailed business plan with proof of assets has to be presented (this should prevent a leveraged buy-out, where a person uses the clubs own assets to buy the club, shouldering a debt onto the Football Club). If these things are not forthcoming, it's not a serious bid.
__________________
I am not a number - I'm a free fan.
Old 7th February 2019, 13.26:51   #53-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
A lot cannot see anything other than the status quo. We need to be open minded and fully explore other options, not dismissing them out of hand.

No one is advocating as far as I know, just dumping the club in the hands of some unscrupulous person or organisation.
having the club run by 1 set of people that are secretive and power crazy versus another who actually have money.

For me the time is right to sell it and move on.
Old 7th February 2019, 13.30:16   #54-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: Patrick
Twitter: @podders1981





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
In this case, a bond of £50k HAS to be placed with the club, before talks can commence, and a detailed business plan with proof of assets has to be presented (this should prevent a leveraged buy-out, where a person uses the clubs own assets to buy the club, shouldering a debt onto the Football Club). If these things are not forthcoming, it's not a serious bid.
Its not a bond of £50k, its a deposit of £5k which would be used by the Trust board to cover expenses related to deciding if the bid is genuine (so no club funds are wasted investigating spurious bids).
Old 7th February 2019, 13.32:53   #55-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
Its not a bond of £50k, its a deposit of £5k which would be used by the Trust board to cover expenses related to deciding if the bid is genuine (so no club funds are wasted investigating spurious bids).
No, they're far too busy wasting club funds on ludicrous managerial appointments.
Old 7th February 2019, 13.38:48   #56-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
Yes, Prof. Scott wanted the ground, also for the club to prosper. When he left and the new Dean took over, she regarded the Racecourse simply as an asset, and wanted nothing to do with the football club. They would offload the ground, in the same way as Marstons did when someone offered them a cash settlement on the unexpired lease, but we have first refusal. They are also happy that we now cover all the expenditure and all the ancilliary employees (groundsmen, stewards, shop/bar staff, turnstiles etc) are off their payroll. £2m would probably buy it, which is why it is imperative that any 'consortium' is coming in for football reasons, and that the required due diligence is done. In this case, a bond of £50k HAS to be placed with the club, before talks can commence, and a detailed business plan with proof of assets has to be presented (this should prevent a leveraged buy-out, where a person uses the clubs own assets to buy the club, shouldering a debt onto the Football Club). If these things are not forthcoming, it's not a serious bid.
My question would be what are they investing in, as that suggests a return of some kind is desired.

The day after it appears Barrow had said he was not interested anymore I posted this dull thread ( Active members only get discounts to boost engagement? ) where I mentioned "with the accumulation of assets (90+ year lease on Racecourse, possible 150 year lease on prime town housing real estate) the club could have a target on its back again."

... oh and a more active membership and voting etc, as back then people did not give much of a toss on the intricacies of how things worked!
Old 7th February 2019, 14.01:57   #57-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

I see Dismal Jimmy is scaremongering on facebook.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 7th February 2019, 14.06:50   #58-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I see Dismal Jimmy is scaremongering on facebook.
What are they saying?

Dunno as I haven't read it but personally I'd be inclined to take anything the Jimmies said pretty seriously given their previous.
__________________
Its hard to be engaging when the things you love keep changing
Old 7th February 2019, 14.09:04   #59-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRed View Post
What are they saying?

Dunno as I haven't read it but personally I'd be inclined to take anything the Jimmies said pretty seriously given their previous.
They picked up on one comment by a fan and ran with about someone or anyone buying the club. Defended the club board too.

Must be matey with certain people at the club.

Here it is without the screenshot they put with it:


As Wrexham related social media goes into meltdown like we've not seen for a long time I think its vital that people think about what they write before they get to their keyboards.

Barrow has gone. Probably should have never had the job in the first place. Mistakes were made there its obvious. It all started though when Ricketts the rat engineered a move to the Slops, which nobody saw coming.

We are still though only 4 points off the top of a tough league. Despite that dreadful run we're still in touching distance and all at Jimmy Towers honestly believe now that we have a better squad than when we were winning games under the Rat. Maybe the new manager will actually play the new players?

Bryan Hughes is an unknown quantity. Like Keates and Ricketts before him. We saw improvement under these 2 so why not Hughes? Only time will tell with this appointment.

Ask yourself this, Does this warrant the hate campaign against those running the club?

If as much effort by some was put into protesting against the asset strippers as what utter shit has been written maybe we would still have a car park and own our own ground and Colliers? If those running the club are hounded out then what then? Who would step up to do a job that only ever brings abuse?

We are sad to see resignations from the WST board due to a lack of communication between the 2 boards. Hopefully the club will address these issues asap as theres no doubt answers are needed.

Below is just one comment we saw posted that we find staggeringly naive. Be very careful what you wish for.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 7th February 2019 at 14.12:00..
Old 7th February 2019, 14.16:50   #60-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Is it a coincidence that the Trust is going through its biggest crisis of confidence since it took over ownership and operation of the club so a “Consortium” wants to bid for the club?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.12:27.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13