RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Consortium bidding for Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113376-consortium-bidding-wrexham.html)

Diggle 7th February 2019 13.32:53

Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

[QUOTE=podders;2228570]Its not a bond of £50k, its a deposit of £5k which would be used by the Trust board to cover expenses related to deciding if the bid is genuine (so no club funds are wasted investigating spurious bids).[/QUOTE]

No, they're far too busy wasting club funds on ludicrous managerial appointments.

Rob 7th February 2019 13.38:48

[QUOTE=Number6;2228565]Yes, Prof. Scott wanted the ground, also for the club to prosper. When he left and the new Dean took over, she regarded the Racecourse simply as an asset, and wanted nothing to do with the football club. They would offload the ground, in the same way as Marstons did when someone offered them a cash settlement on the unexpired lease, but we have first refusal. They are also happy that we now cover all the expenditure and all the ancilliary employees (groundsmen, stewards, shop/bar staff, turnstiles etc) are off their payroll. £2m would probably buy it, which is why it is imperative that any 'consortium' is coming in for football reasons, and that the required due diligence is done. In this case, a bond of £50k HAS to be placed with the club, before talks can commence, and a detailed business plan with proof of assets has to be presented (this should prevent a leveraged buy-out, where a person uses the clubs own assets to buy the club, shouldering a debt onto the Football Club). If these things are not forthcoming, it's not a serious bid.[/QUOTE]

My question would be what are they investing in, as that suggests a return of some kind is desired.

The day after it appears Barrow had said he was not interested anymore I posted this dull thread ( [url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113255-active-members-only-get-discounts-boost-engagement.html[/url] ) where I mentioned [I]"with the accumulation of assets (90+ year lease on Racecourse, possible 150 year lease on prime town housing real estate) the club could have a target on its back again."[/I]

... oh and a more active membership and voting etc, as back then people did not give much of a toss on the intricacies of how things worked! :D

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 14.01:57

I see Dismal Jimmy is scaremongering on facebook.

BloodRed 7th February 2019 14.06:50

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2228587]I see Dismal Jimmy is scaremongering on facebook.[/QUOTE]

What are they saying?

Dunno as I haven't read it but personally I'd be inclined to take anything the Jimmies said pretty seriously given their previous.

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 14.09:04

[QUOTE=BloodRed;2228590]What are they saying?

Dunno as I haven't read it but personally I'd be inclined to take anything the Jimmies said pretty seriously given their previous.[/QUOTE]

They picked up on one comment by a fan and ran with about someone or anyone buying the club. Defended the club board too.

Must be matey with certain people at the club.

Here it is without the screenshot they put with it:

[I]As Wrexham related social media goes into meltdown like we've not seen for a long time I think its vital that people think about what they write before they get to their keyboards.

Barrow has gone. Probably should have never had the job in the first place. Mistakes were made there its obvious. It all started though when Ricketts the rat engineered a move to the Slops, which nobody saw coming.

We are still though only 4 points off the top of a tough league. Despite that dreadful run we're still in touching distance and all at Jimmy Towers honestly believe now that we have a better squad than when we were winning games under the Rat. Maybe the new manager will actually play the new players?

Bryan Hughes is an unknown quantity. Like Keates and Ricketts before him. We saw improvement under these 2 so why not Hughes? Only time will tell with this appointment.

Ask yourself this, Does this warrant the hate campaign against those running the club?

If as much effort by some was put into protesting against the asset strippers as what utter shit has been written maybe we would still have a car park and own our own ground and Colliers? If those running the club are hounded out then what then? Who would step up to do a job that only ever brings abuse?

We are sad to see resignations from the WST board due to a lack of communication between the 2 boards. Hopefully the club will address these issues asap as theres no doubt answers are needed.

Below is just one comment we saw posted that we find staggeringly naive. Be very careful what you wish for.[/I]

Alan Attack 7th February 2019 14.16:50

Is it a coincidence that the Trust is going through its biggest crisis of confidence since it took over ownership and operation of the club so a “Consortium” wants to bid for the club?

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 14.22:29

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2228595]Is it a coincidence that the Trust is going through its biggest crisis of confidence since it took over ownership and operation of the club so a “Consortium” wants to bid for the club?[/QUOTE]

Didn't talks start well before Christmas? I'm sure I read three months ago somewhere.
Maybe its an inside job!

hawarden Red 7th February 2019 14.26:33

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2228587]I see Dismal Jimmy is scaremongering on facebook.[/QUOTE]

I remember people like you accusing Dismal Jimmy of "scaremongering" once before. At that time we had a 125 year lease (costing a whopping £1 a year) on a 4 sided ground. Oh and we played in the third tier. What a short memory you have.

WREX777 7th February 2019 14.31:00

[QUOTE=RED2309;2228560]Like Moss Dickens & Roberts did?:D:D:D[/QUOTE]

Tedious . Attitudes like yours are holding the club back. Move on.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.04:08.