RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Consortium bidding for Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113376-consortium-bidding-wrexham.html)

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 14.55:08

Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

[QUOTE=hawarden Red;2228606]I remember people like you accusing Dismal Jimmy of "scaremongering" once before. At that time we had a 125 year lease (costing a whopping £1 a year) on a 4 sided ground. Oh and we played in the third tier. What a short memory you have.[/QUOTE]

People like me eh? Fans you mean.

So we're back to everyone who wants to buy this club is a crook are we. Move on ffs. No short memory, I'm just open minded to it. Just because you can't move on doesn't mean others haven't.

I called it scaremongering because unless they were in on the talks, which they weren't, then its far too early to start coming out with stuff like be careful what you wish for etc. i.e. they know the square root of fck all about it, so why comment?

John Neals Dynasty 7th February 2019 15.02:17

I'm amazed how all the premier and league clubs have not got crooks owning them..
.What's their secret?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 15.05:13

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2228626]I'm amazed how all the premier and league clubs have not got crooks owning them..
.What's their secret?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Crooks are only interested in Wrexham and the Racecourse. Obviously.

Ooh aah Paskin 7th February 2019 15.08:56

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2228631]Crooks are only interested in Wrexham and the Racecourse. Obviously.[/QUOTE]

We must be like the Holy Grail....

John Neals Dynasty 7th February 2019 15.09:23

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2228631]Crooks are only interested in Wrexham and the Racecourse. Obviously.[/QUOTE]

Well we were naive twice
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

krux 7th February 2019 15.23:37

[QUOTE=Rob;2228575][B]My question would be what are they investing in, as that suggests a return of some kind is desired.[/B]

The day after it appears Barrow had said he was not interested anymore I posted this dull thread ( [url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113255-active-members-only-get-discounts-boost-engagement.html[/url] ) where I mentioned [I]"with the accumulation of assets (90+ year lease on Racecourse, possible 150 year lease on prime town housing real estate) the club could have a target on its back again."[/I]

... oh and a more active membership and voting etc, as back then people did not give much of a toss on the intricacies of how things worked! :D[/QUOTE]

what do investors in other football clubs invest in? after all , most are privately owned.

Quay Red 7th February 2019 15.25:44

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2228595]Is it a coincidence that the Trust is going through its biggest crisis of confidence since it took over ownership and operation of the club so a “Consortium” wants to bid for the club?[/QUOTE]

It's more likely that this coincidence started when Ward was sold. 1 million plus in the bank is quite an attractive prospect for a "consortium"

Rob 7th February 2019 15.30:26

[QUOTE=krux;2228644]what do investors in other football clubs invest in? after all , most are privately owned.[/QUOTE]

Looking to increase their value to sell in future, a foothold in a country for visa or personal reasons, to whitewash a state's bad PR, a bit of a 'toy' for a wealthy person...

Just seen mention of 'clear the air' meeting so might finish the list later :D

ewloered 7th February 2019 15.31:46

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2228626]I'm amazed how all the premier and league clubs have not got crooks owning them..
.What's their secret?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

ALL league clubs ? Ask Blackpool fans or Bolton’s. Yes the Board have made a right mess of the football side of the club over the last few months especially but I’d still be very wary of any potential consortiums. But if any firm offers have been made for the club then the membership should be made aware and decide our future way forward.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.11:11.