RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Consortium bidding for Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113376-consortium-bidding-wrexham.html)

pagl 7th February 2019 15.34:30

Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2228646]It's more likely that this coincidence started when Ward was sold. 1 million plus in the bank is quite an attractive prospect for a "consortium"[/QUOTE]

I thought we had only banked a small percentage which is why we cant spend it.
Any sale wouldnt give them huge amounts of cash surely.

My vote will be to sell now.

John Neals Dynasty 7th February 2019 15.36:09

[QUOTE=ewloered;2228655]ALL league clubs ? Ask Blackpool fans or Bolton’s. Yes the Board have made a right mess of the football side of the club over the last few months especially but I’d still be very wary of any potential consortiums. But if any firm offers have been made for the club then the membership should be made aware and decide our future way forward.[/QUOTE]

Agree with mostly with what you say not All of course but in the main, the past has scared fans in this club who are happy to plod along in non league, I accept they have run the club well off the field, but ruined that work by wasting money on the playing side.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 7th February 2019 15.37:08

[QUOTE=ewloered;2228655]ALL league clubs ? Ask Blackpool fans or Bolton’s. Yes the Board have made a right mess of the football side of the club[/QUOTE]

Any clubs that fk up the football side end up in the shit as per your examples.
Our board have just fked up.

Wiltshire_Red 7th February 2019 15.41:45

We should be open to investment, however proper due diligence would have to be done by a professional legal entity with no bias towards the consortium or club. Facts could then be put forward in easily understood terms to the WST and FC Board, and also available to the WST members to view.

Having been stung twice already, many quite understandably still have reservations on ulterior motives of investors. In reality if we really want to progress when we get back to the EFL, then external investment will be essential, as the current model, which has put us into a secure financial state, can only take us so far.

Funny_Old_Game 7th February 2019 15.44:46

[QUOTE=pagl;2228656]I thought we had only banked a small percentage which is why we cant spend it.
Any sale wouldnt give them huge amounts of cash surely.

My vote will be to sell now.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that’s the latest RP vote worth having? If they are solid investors obviously.

John Neals Dynasty 7th February 2019 15.46:57

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2228667]We should be open to investment, however proper due diligence would have to be done by a professional legal entity with no bias towards the consortium or club. Facts could then be put forward in easily understood terms to the WST and FC Board, and also available to the WST members to view.

Having been stung twice already, many quite understandably still have reservations on ulterior motives of investors. In reality if we really want to progress when we get back to the EFL, then external investment will be essential, as the current model, which has put us into a secure financial state, can only take us so far.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post

ewloered 7th February 2019 15.49:46

[QUOTE=pagl;2228660]Any clubs that fk up the football side end up in the shit as per your examples.
Our board have just fked up.[/QUOTE]

The football side has nothing to do with those clubs troubles , in fact Blackpool were promoted last season. Blackpool have been robbed blind by the Oyston family and Bolton’s owner was formally disqualified as a company director and lives in Monaco, sound familiar?0

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 15.51:25

Good private owners of football clubs far outweigh the bad ones.

krux 7th February 2019 16.12:21

[QUOTE=Rob;2228652]Looking to increase their value to sell in future, a foothold in a country for visa or personal reasons, to whitewash a state's bad PR, a bit of a 'toy' for a wealthy person...

Just seen mention of 'clear the air' meeting so might finish the list later :D[/QUOTE]

A toy for a wealthy person sounds the best. I could live with the other though :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.58:00.