RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Consortium bidding for Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113376-consortium-bidding-wrexham.html)

René Higuita 6th February 2019 18.57:20

Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Got to deserve its own thread? Bryn Law on twitter.

For the record,I am not part of a consortium to takeover @Wrexham_AFC - I am aware there’s a consortium interested in investing in the club,they spoke to me as part of their research. I know they have approached the board to discuss their plans, without success so far. 1/2

As a Trust member, but a fan even more, I would like to know about potential investment, even if I ultimately decide it’s not right for the club. The people I’ve spoken to seem serious in their intent. I would hope they get the chance to at least talk to the board. 2/2

andy buckley 6th February 2019 19.06:02

Re: Consortium bidding for wrexhamfc -

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2227934]Got to deserve its own thread? Bryn Law on twitter.

For the record,I am not part of a consortium to takeover @Wrexham_AFC - I am aware there’s a consortium interested in investing in the club,they spoke to me as part of their research. I know they have approached the board to discuss their plans, without success so far. 1/2

As a Trust member, but a fan even more, I would like to know about potential investment, even if I ultimately decide it’s not right for the club. The people I’ve spoken to seem serious in their intent. I would hope they get the chance to at least talk to the board. 2/2[/QUOTE]

Can't you just wait for the trust to email you the details

jonesfach 6th February 2019 19.06:25

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2227934]Got to deserve its own thread? Bryn Law on twitter.

As a Trust member, but a fan even more, I would like to know about potential investment, even if I ultimately decide it’s not right for the club. The people I’ve spoken to seem serious in their intent. I would hope they get the chance to at least talk to the board. 2/2[/QUOTE]

To be fair to the board they have obviously been pretty busy the last few weeks with trying to recruit a new manager. I am sure in due course they will speak to said consortium-if they are serious that is. Hopefullythey are and we can just get that push to get us back in the league.

Vambo 6th February 2019 19.09:08

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2227943]To be fair to the board they have obviously been pretty busy the last few weeks with trying to recruit a new manager. I am sure in due course they will speak to said consortium-if they are serious that is. Hopefullythey are and we can just get that push to get us back in the league.[/QUOTE]

You know when this approach took place then?

Rob Edwards 6th February 2019 19.09:19

The ideal scenario would be the pre-Americans Swansea
model - 4 or 5 private investors and the Supporters Trust having equal shares.

Rob 6th February 2019 19.14:27

Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Non registered twitter users might not be able to see [url]https://twitter.com/BrynLaw/with_replies[/url]

Other comments from him, each line in reply to questions:

[I]I knew one of them already, I’ve met with them all once to talk about the club and it’s history.

I’m not going into detail but I made it clear to them at the outset that I and every other fan would be assessing them for suitability given the experiences at the club previously.

I wouldn’t have helped them if I didn’t think they were genuine. But it isn’t just for me, ultimately it might be a decision for the membership and that would be their challenge.

There are other examples where it’s worked. But it’s not my job to convince anyone. If it ever progresses, it’s their job.

I agree with all that Rich, I’ve been putting my cash in since the very start of Beer-a-week. The overriding point here for me is that we, the members, should be allowed to see, assess, then decide.

The timing may not be ideal but is based on the number of questions I’ve been getting today asking me if I’m heading a consortium. I’ve also been accused of leaking the Barrow story, also not correct.

I agree. However, the process in place should not deter potentially serious investment either.

We’re all sceptics. And rightly so.[/I]

Hometown Unicorn 6th February 2019 19.14:40

At least have a sit down with them lads.

jonesfach 6th February 2019 19.17:45

[QUOTE=Vambo;2227947]You know when this approach took place then?[/QUOTE]

No idea tbh but BL seems to be involved as why would he release the information otherwise.

shinner 6th February 2019 19.20:19

Once due diligence has been done , if it will benifit the
club it's got to be a good option to go forward..

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.20:56.