RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Consortium bidding for Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113376-consortium-bidding-wrexham.html)

René Higuita 6th February 2019 18.57:20

Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Got to deserve its own thread? Bryn Law on twitter.

For the record,I am not part of a consortium to takeover @Wrexham_AFC - I am aware there’s a consortium interested in investing in the club,they spoke to me as part of their research. I know they have approached the board to discuss their plans, without success so far. 1/2

As a Trust member, but a fan even more, I would like to know about potential investment, even if I ultimately decide it’s not right for the club. The people I’ve spoken to seem serious in their intent. I would hope they get the chance to at least talk to the board. 2/2

andy buckley 6th February 2019 19.06:02

Re: Consortium bidding for wrexhamfc -

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2227934]Got to deserve its own thread? Bryn Law on twitter.

For the record,I am not part of a consortium to takeover @Wrexham_AFC - I am aware there’s a consortium interested in investing in the club,they spoke to me as part of their research. I know they have approached the board to discuss their plans, without success so far. 1/2

As a Trust member, but a fan even more, I would like to know about potential investment, even if I ultimately decide it’s not right for the club. The people I’ve spoken to seem serious in their intent. I would hope they get the chance to at least talk to the board. 2/2[/QUOTE]

Can't you just wait for the trust to email you the details

jonesfach 6th February 2019 19.06:25

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2227934]Got to deserve its own thread? Bryn Law on twitter.

As a Trust member, but a fan even more, I would like to know about potential investment, even if I ultimately decide it’s not right for the club. The people I’ve spoken to seem serious in their intent. I would hope they get the chance to at least talk to the board. 2/2[/QUOTE]

To be fair to the board they have obviously been pretty busy the last few weeks with trying to recruit a new manager. I am sure in due course they will speak to said consortium-if they are serious that is. Hopefullythey are and we can just get that push to get us back in the league.

Vambo 6th February 2019 19.09:08

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2227943]To be fair to the board they have obviously been pretty busy the last few weeks with trying to recruit a new manager. I am sure in due course they will speak to said consortium-if they are serious that is. Hopefullythey are and we can just get that push to get us back in the league.[/QUOTE]

You know when this approach took place then?

Rob Edwards 6th February 2019 19.09:19

The ideal scenario would be the pre-Americans Swansea
model - 4 or 5 private investors and the Supporters Trust having equal shares.

Rob 6th February 2019 19.14:27

Re: Consortium bidding for Wrexham

Non registered twitter users might not be able to see [url]https://twitter.com/BrynLaw/with_replies[/url]

Other comments from him, each line in reply to questions:

[I]I knew one of them already, I’ve met with them all once to talk about the club and it’s history.

I’m not going into detail but I made it clear to them at the outset that I and every other fan would be assessing them for suitability given the experiences at the club previously.

I wouldn’t have helped them if I didn’t think they were genuine. But it isn’t just for me, ultimately it might be a decision for the membership and that would be their challenge.

There are other examples where it’s worked. But it’s not my job to convince anyone. If it ever progresses, it’s their job.

I agree with all that Rich, I’ve been putting my cash in since the very start of Beer-a-week. The overriding point here for me is that we, the members, should be allowed to see, assess, then decide.

The timing may not be ideal but is based on the number of questions I’ve been getting today asking me if I’m heading a consortium. I’ve also been accused of leaking the Barrow story, also not correct.

I agree. However, the process in place should not deter potentially serious investment either.

We’re all sceptics. And rightly so.[/I]

Hometown Unicorn 6th February 2019 19.14:40

At least have a sit down with them lads.

jonesfach 6th February 2019 19.17:45

[QUOTE=Vambo;2227947]You know when this approach took place then?[/QUOTE]

No idea tbh but BL seems to be involved as why would he release the information otherwise.

shinner 6th February 2019 19.20:19

Once due diligence has been done , if it will benifit the
club it's got to be a good option to go forward..

Vambo 6th February 2019 19.21:17

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2227956]No idea tbh but BL seems to be involved as why would he release the information otherwise.[/QUOTE]

You suggested it was in the last 3 weeks that's all.
Just realised I may have missed some irony here.

Redordead 6th February 2019 19.21:33

Will the £12 a year members be allowed to have a say on any potential investment

#Weareoneteam

dixienormous 6th February 2019 19.22:38

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2227948]The ideal scenario would be the pre-Americans Swansea
model - 4 or 5 private investors and the Supporters Trust having equal shares.[/QUOTE]

Yes brother.

jonesfach 6th February 2019 19.23:58

[QUOTE=Vambo;2227963]You suggested it was in the last 3 weeks that's all.
Just realised I may have missed some irony here.[/QUOTE]

:) Does sound recent though going on the Twitter posts just put up on here.

Vorporix 6th February 2019 19.25:07

Perhaps there will be some clarification on this tomorrow evening. :)

elles-dragon 6th February 2019 19.25:18

Maybe this is the reason why it's members only tomorrow night, maybe to put the feelers out there to see what the members feelings are towards a consortium investment
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

podders 6th February 2019 19.25:27

At the last trust agm we voted on resolution that passed on how investors can approach the trust board about investing.

If they are releasing information into the public domain they can’t even stick to step 2 sign a non disclosure agreement. Hardly suggest trustworthy or genuine.

crazywelsh 6th February 2019 19.28:45

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2227943]To be fair to the board they have obviously been pretty busy the last few weeks with trying to recruit a new manager. I am sure in due course they will speak to said consortium-if they are serious that is. Hopefullythey are and we can just get that push to get us back in the league.[/QUOTE]

How can you seriously carry on with this.

woblob04 6th February 2019 19.41:34

Given the furore on here by many posters, do they trust this board to find a suitable investor, they haven't done a great job of late with the Barrow saga. Why is everyone jumping on this thinking it would solve everything?

I'm not saying either way as I dont know enough about the running of the club but if they struggle with managers what makes people think they will be effective in assessing potential investors.

Free money would be nice but what would an investor want? Don't fancy any debt or getting fleeced again.

dixienormous 6th February 2019 19.51:16

[QUOTE=elles-dragon;2227972]Maybe this is the reason why it's members only tomorrow night, maybe to put the feelers out there to see what the members feelings are towards a consortium investment
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this could get messy.

Woody 6th February 2019 19.57:56

I trust the wst, but not the fc board, I don’t think the fc board will be open or transparent to any consortium approach, as seen by how the manager has been appointed.

Dai Pad 6th February 2019 19.59:38

We just want to be in the f##king football league!!! (Playing entertaining football of course).

Quay Red 6th February 2019 20.02:59

[QUOTE=Woody;2228017]I trust the wst, but not the fc board, I don’t think the fc board will be open or transparent to any consortium approach, as seen by how the manager has been appointed.[/QUOTE]

The approach has to be to the trust board and then the members the AFC board has no input.

Woody 6th February 2019 20.12:37

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2228028]The approach has to be to the trust board and then the members the AFC board has no input.[/QUOTE]

But I’d guess a consortium pumping money into the club would insist on their own fc board

foreverared 6th February 2019 20.15:07

As long as Spencer Harris isn’t involved in the talks I’m happy

dixienormous 6th February 2019 20.18:16

[QUOTE=Dai Pad;2228023]We just want to be in the f##king football league!!! (Playing entertaining football of course).[/QUOTE]

This is the only thing that matters.

moynkeepthefaith 6th February 2019 21.16:16

[QUOTE=Dai Pad;2228023]We just want to be in the f##king football league!!! (Playing entertaining football of course).[/QUOTE]

Depends on the cost for me.

Gaz Wxm 6th February 2019 21.22:51

[QUOTE=Woody;2228017]I trust the wst, but not the fc board, I don’t think the fc board will be open or transparent to any consortium approach, as seen by how the manager has been appointed.[/QUOTE]

doesn't the fc board consist of a majority WST members.....

Rob 6th February 2019 21.41:17

Bryn is tweeting some more, he is being challenged on why he is posting today and being accused of destabilising the club.

[I]"I did. I made the call to the club to find out what the correct procedure was. I then passed that information on to them and they took it on from there. That was maybe 3 months ago."

"I’m responding to the suggestion that was made today that I am heading up a consortium to buy the club. I’m not. I didn’t chose to put that inaccurate info out today, someone else did."
[/I]

Who put that info out in the last 24hrs, and why now if it has been around for three months or so?

Rob 6th February 2019 21.45:38

One more from Bryn [I]"I certainly don’t understand that. I’ve known about this for months and kept my counsel, despite the fact I’m a journalist and journalists break stories. Someone else chose today, I have every right to respond and set the record straight."[/I]

Odd!

redknight 6th February 2019 21.51:05

Spencer probably leaked it to distract away from him and Hughes appointment

Huffy 6th February 2019 21.53:09

[QUOTE=redknight;2228156]Spencer probably leaked it to distract away from him and Hughes appointment[/QUOTE]

Yes -hes probably responsible for global warming too

Alan Attack 6th February 2019 22.04:36

We’re starting to sound like Chester now.

andy buckley 6th February 2019 22.05:20

[QUOTE=Huffy;2228157]Yes -hes probably responsible for global warming too[/QUOTE]

Well he comes out with enough hot air!!

Huffy 6th February 2019 22.07:03

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2228169]Well he comes out with enough hot air!![/QUOTE]

Cheeky ;)

RemovedUser 7th February 2019 09.26:02

[QUOTE=Rob;2228154]One more from Bryn [I]"I certainly don’t understand that. I’ve known about this for months and kept my counsel, despite the fact I’m a journalist and journalists break stories. Someone else chose today, I have every right to respond and set the record straight."[/I]

Odd![/QUOTE]

Not sure what’s odd about any of OBL’s posts on Twitter.

Rob 7th February 2019 10.22:41

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2228289]Not sure what’s odd about any of OBL’s posts on Twitter.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean his tweets were odd.

The odd bit to me is if this 'consortium' has been known for three months and OBL did not mention it first, someone out there decided yesterday of all days to make it public.

NottsRed 7th February 2019 10.38:38

[QUOTE=Rob;2228353]I didn't mean his tweets were odd.

The odd bit to me is if this 'consortium' has been known for three months and OBL did not mention it first, someone out there decided yesterday of all days to make it public.[/QUOTE]

Bit like the politicians burying bad news when something major happens.

I've never been keen on consortiums coming in with money after whats happened in the past but this weeks utter fiasco has changed my mind. If and its a big if we can gain some funding through this I think we should try and emulate what Lincoln did. Wasn't huge amounts they got something like 300K but they used it well.

Problem we've got though we've just given a 3.5 year deal to a manger who couldn't cut it three divisions lower.

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 10.38:55

I'm starting to think the club board are all about self preservation over and above everything else.

John Neals Dynasty 7th February 2019 11.29:04

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2228371]I'm starting to think the club board are all about self preservation over and above everything else.[/QUOTE]

Of course they are they love the ego power trip they are on.

redone 7th February 2019 11.42:58

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2228370]Bit like the politicians burying bad news when something major happens.

I've never been keen on consortiums coming in with money after whats happened in the past but this weeks utter fiasco has changed my mind. If and its a big if we can gain some funding through this I think we should try and emulate what Lincoln did. Wasn't huge amounts they got something like 300K but they used it well.

Problem we've got though we've just given a 3.5 year deal to a manger who couldn't cut it three divisions lower.[/QUOTE]

dont worry about the 3.5yr contract!!! we only have to pay 1month or at worst 3mnths CQR

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.49:37.