RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement from WST Independent Secretary (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113389-statement-wst-independent-secretary.html)

pagl 7th February 2019 13.31:52

Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

[QUOTE=RED2309;2228496]Thanks for a bit of sanity.

I can see why Barrow was an easy appointment less upheaval etc while not being in favour of it.

The game was up for him after the team selection at Fylde when Directors Fans & Players saw it wasn't going to happen.

Steps were then taken by the FC board to sort it out which they have - not sure BH is a popular choice though.

My other fear is that if Darlington remains we will see no improvement in tactics/formation as he has been the common denominator with the last three managers.[/QUOTE]

How were steps taken by the board to sort it out. Barrow has acknowledged the job isn't for him - the board have therefore reacted to a position that they themselves created by putting pressure on GB to take the job in the first place.

What goes around and all that.

Gaz Wxm 7th February 2019 13.59:58

[QUOTE=pagl;2228572]How were steps taken by the board to sort it out. Barrow has acknowledged the job isn't for him - the board have therefore reacted to a position that they themselves created by putting pressure on GB to take the job in the first place.

What goes around and all that.[/QUOTE]

GB with his all experience in the game and life, as he is no teenager should not have said yes to a job he did not want regardless of any pressure (if there was) put on him.

Funny_Old_Game 7th February 2019 14.00:52

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2228475]Its an attempt to take the discussion elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Any chance of him showing us where “violence” has been threatened? Doubt it.

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 14.07:24

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2228585]Any chance of him showing us where “violence” has been threatened? Doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of when Moss and Roberts came out with this stuff as a distraction. I'm not saying this is the same, it just that it reminds me of it before anyone gets all arsey and offended.

andrew 7th February 2019 14.08:03

Think he is trying to deflect from the mess the board/ WST have made .i do not agree with abusing the individuals either but they have brought it on themselves.You could say the fans have been abused also

REDGOG 7th February 2019 14.20:15

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2228481]Alan is not a member of any board.
He is the independent secretary.
He therefore takes the minutes at official meetings of both boards and has no vote.
He will advise if there is a breach of the rules.[/QUOTE]

Quay- you seem to be in the know and appear to back the actions of the football board to date.

A question - Did not involving the full WST board in discussions on removing GB and appointing BH comply with our rules in both the letter and the spirit of a fans owned club. Only asking in the hope you would have some insight.

Does anyone know if Alan is going to be there tonight to answer questions regarding any breach of the rules.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have always been a big fan of ownership by the WST and have put my money where my mouth is since the Beer a week days turning up to most demonstrations , marches and meetings.

The running of the footballing side of the club has been incompetent over the last three seasons IMHO.

Get It Forward 7th February 2019 14.21:06

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2228585]Any chance of him showing us where “violence” has been threatened? Doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Next thing will be John Mills “ I’ve been physically threatened/ intimated / spat at again “ press release
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Funny_Old_Game 7th February 2019 14.22:18

[QUOTE=Get It Forward;2228599]Next thing will be John Mills “ I’ve been physically threatened/ intimated / spat at again “ press release
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

He’s another one with a huge ego isn’t he.

rob0916 7th February 2019 14.22:38

[QUOTE=panda23;2228468]Threats of violence against certain individuals is not acceptable though.[/QUOTE]

I've just had a look through twitter and there is not a single threat of violence against SH so lets not start with that. People are annoyed because he is very vocal when he wants to be heard but the moment there's an issue at the club he goes silent. Why not have a bit more respect for the fans and explain things like you would expect.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.35:34.