Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th February 2019, 16.23:12   #61-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: On my backside usually
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Completely agree that some of the messages Spencer Harris has received are unacceptable. Those who don't believe the abuse is happening should search his twitter handle and any who think it's acceptable are as bad as those taking part in the abuse.

I think Alan's statement is a fair one. Hopefully we'll get some more truth tonight from the board and after we've heard their side of the story we, as members, can act accordingly.
Giving out personal abuse and threats is self defeating. Unfortunately this statement has ramped up the feeling of closing ranks whether or not that was really the intention.
Old 7th February 2019, 16.24:38   #62-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Whatís being covered up?
Don't try and play being daft, it doesn't suit. The coverup will encompass everything from Ricketts on, get the stories straight and go for damage limitation.

Send in the boards lapdog's on here to start the bickering again and deflect as much attention away from them while they read the threads deciding the next move.

Ricketts was know to be leaving - by some -, despite claims to the contrary and I've always maintained that!
Old 7th February 2019, 16.24:47   #63-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: Kyle Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

Are members able to initiate an EGM? That way people could motion a bid for new board elections. Then some of you can throw your hats into the ring rather than going ape shit on here.
Old 7th February 2019, 16.32:03   #64-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwenred View Post
Are members able to initiate an EGM? That way people could motion a bid for new board elections. Then some of you can throw your hats into the ring rather than going ape shit on here.
No-one wants to be involved in shit like this. Leave it to the Egotists and let them bun fight between themselves. They deserve it. Apathy reigns.
Old 7th February 2019, 16.38:21   #65-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Statement from WST Independent Secretary

ď
I am the independent secretary of Wrexham Supporters Trust. I am not a club director or trust board member. My role is to advise the Trust and ensure it acts legally and within the Rules. My role provides an insight into many aspects of trust and club business. I do not speak for either.

I make this statement now because I am very concerned about the level of abuse directed at certain individual directors especially on social media. Members should question and challenge decisions by their elected representatives - they have delegated power and responsibility to them. Itís one of the many advantages of supporter ownership. Although board members cannot always reveal the sensitive information behind some of those decisions or provide all of the detail about why events occurred. Sometimes for legal reasons.

Importantly, decisions by the club board are made by all directors. They share collective responsibility as do the trust board for their decisions. There will be an opportunity for members to question the board(s) about recent events. To single out individual directors is unfair and illogical and when itís abusive is completely unacceptable. Iím sure the vast majority of fair minded Wrexham fans would agree with that.

And so I would reassure members that decisions made by the boards are made in good faith with the best interests of the Club in mind. People may disagree with them but please refrain from abusing individual volunteers. Instead use the procedures that exist to question your board members starting with tonightís members meeting.

Thank you.

Alan Fox
Ē
Thanks Alan. You are correct that it is unacceptable for individuals to verbally abuse or threaten individuals.

If fans or WST members have a complaint they should either speak to Pete Jones or write a formal letter of complaint, so their opinions can be examined.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 7th February 2019, 16.40:05   #66-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
No-one wants to be involved in shit like this. Leave it to the Egotists and let them bun fight between themselves. They deserve it. Apathy reigns.
Power to the few at the expense of the many.
Old 7th February 2019, 16.41:07   #67-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelegged harry View Post
Power to the few at the expense of the many.
Its the motto of the WAFC board it seems
Old 7th February 2019, 16.50:17   #68-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
sandyred's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: On the Turf balcony !!! (I Wish)
Real Name: Sandyred
Twitter: @





Default Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

[QUOTE=Get It Forward;2228599]Next thing will be John Mills ď Iíve been physically threatened/ intimated / spat at again ď press release
Posted via mobile theme[/QUOTYawn
Old 7th February 2019, 17.09:53   #69-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Mike
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST Statement From Alan Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always The Kop View Post
A very measured message to fans. Nobody deserves personal abuse, it's totally uncalled for ( apologies I don't know how to post it on to here )

Fans need to stick together, don't become like that lot down the road.

Honest open discussion yes, abuse totally uncalled for and it needs to stop


Don't make tonight into a witch hunt of individuals, collectively they all need to sort out the communication issues etc for the benefit of our club, there are more positives than negatives in the structure. We can all move forward as a fan base and that includes the boards and lets finish the season in a positive fashion on the pitch.

The new manager needs a good show of fans tonight so he knows he has our backing, so get yourself to the Cent tonight.

COYR
I agree with this
Old 7th February 2019, 17.27:31   #70-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Statement from WST Independent Secretary

ď
I am the independent secretary of Wrexham Supporters Trust. I am not a club director or trust board member. My role is to advise the Trust and ensure it acts legally and within the Rules. My role provides an insight into many aspects of trust and club business. I do not speak for either.

I make this statement now because I am very concerned about the level of abuse directed at certain individual directors especially on social media. Members should question and challenge decisions by their elected representatives - they have delegated power and responsibility to them. Itís one of the many advantages of supporter ownership. Although board members cannot always reveal the sensitive information behind some of those decisions or provide all of the detail about why events occurred. Sometimes for legal reasons.

Importantly, decisions by the club board are made by all directors. They share collective responsibility as do the trust board for their decisions. There will be an opportunity for members to question the board(s) about recent events. To single out individual directors is unfair and illogical and when itís abusive is completely unacceptable. Iím sure the vast majority of fair minded Wrexham fans would agree with that.

And so I would reassure members that decisions made by the boards are made in good faith with the best interests of the Club in mind. People may disagree with them but please refrain from abusing individual volunteers. Instead use the procedures that exist to question your board members starting with tonightís members meeting.

Thank you.

Alan Fox
Ē
In the trade this is known as 'conditioning'
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.34:49.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12