RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement from WST Independent Secretary (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113389-statement-wst-independent-secretary.html)

Rob 7th February 2019 12.47:11

Statement from WST Independent Secretary

[url=http://www.wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/5381-statement-from-wst-independent-secretary#]Statement from WST Independent Secretary[/url]

“[i]
I am the independent secretary of Wrexham Supporters Trust. I am not a club director or trust board member. My role is to advise the Trust and ensure it acts legally and within the Rules. My role provides an insight into many aspects of trust and club business. I do not speak for either.

I make this statement now because I am very concerned about the level of abuse directed at certain individual directors especially on social media. Members should question and challenge decisions by their elected representatives - they have delegated power and responsibility to them. It’s one of the many advantages of supporter ownership. Although board members cannot always reveal the sensitive information behind some of those decisions or provide all of the detail about why events occurred. Sometimes for legal reasons.

Importantly, decisions by the club board are made by all directors. They share collective responsibility as do the trust board for their decisions. There will be an opportunity for members to question the board(s) about recent events. To single out individual directors is unfair and illogical and when it’s abusive is completely unacceptable. I’m sure the vast majority of fair minded Wrexham fans would agree with that.

And so I would reassure members that decisions made by the boards are made in good faith with the best interests of the Club in mind. People may disagree with them but please refrain from abusing individual volunteers. Instead use the procedures that exist to question your board members starting with tonight’s members meeting.

Thank you.

Alan Fox[/i]”

Haruki 7th February 2019 12.52:13

Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

Very disappointing statement. His role is the governance of the Trust and the club board, there are major issues around governance and accountability. I hope he has a lot more to say after he has investigated them fully and as to how they will be addressed.

Diggle 7th February 2019 12.56:11

[QUOTE=Haruki;2228441]Very disappointing statement. His role is the governance of the Trust and the club board, there are major issues around governance and accountability. I hope he has a lot more to say after he has investigated them fully and as to how they will be addressed.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

It reads like a conflict of interest to me. If something has been done wrongly then people are bound to criticize and question. Why on Earth shouldn't they? And who is he to tell them not to?

Just more attempts to recreate Animal Farm Two legs good, four legs bad.

Only resignations can solve this.

pagl 7th February 2019 12.56:28

a lot of arse covering and brushing under the carpet to follow.

The WAFC board have been seen through and they have deliberately withheld and misled the WST and the owners.

The only thing that will save further embarrassment is results, if however results turn then fans will point to this sad and sorry state of affairs as the blame for the whole mess.

CRUMBS 7th February 2019 13.00:02

Just stage 1 of quashing any possible attempt to put pressure on certain individuals by making out your an imbecile if you have the audacity to question things .

pagl 7th February 2019 13.01:48

He hasn't even had the bottle to include an email to reply.

Always The Kop 7th February 2019 13.04:40

WST Statement From Alan Fox

A very measured message to fans. Nobody deserves personal abuse, it's totally uncalled for ( apologies I don't know how to post it on to here )

Fans need to stick together, don't become like that lot down the road.

Honest open discussion yes, abuse totally uncalled for and it needs to stop

Don't make tonight into a witch hunt of individuals, collectively they all need to sort out the communication issues etc for the benefit of our club, there are more positives than negatives in the structure. We can all move forward as a fan base and that includes the boards and lets finish the season in a positive fashion on the pitch.

The new manager needs a good show of fans tonight so he knows he has our backing, so get yourself to the Cent tonight.

COYR

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 13.04:48

Closed book rings more true with every desperate piss poor statement that's put out.

Jobs for the boys.

I've been saying for years, since the bubble farce that this transparency claim is a total myth and now we know that it really is, even between Club and WST board.

Should have kept his trap shut. Making things worse.

John Neals Dynasty 7th February 2019 13.05:35

This statement whilst I agree about the decisions is a collective decision and should not be aimed at just one (i assume he referring to Harris) offers no comfort to many fans who are members and a lot not of the WST, he knows the questions will just be answered like politicians, in other words like May in Priminister questions avoided with lies.

Their should be no meet the manager just a question and answer with the board and senior WST members.

Bryan Hughes could have his meet the manager in a month or so if he is still here.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.52:22.