RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113402-barrow-dropped-us-no-differnt-than-rickets.html)

jonesfach 8th February 2019 13.11:27

Re: Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2229397]I have great sympathy for the Board because they have been placed in awkward positions by forces often beyond their control, and then attacked unjustifiably for doing their job.

Unfortunately, some folk often misuse other folk to further their aims; Lawrence seemingly did this. However, the main learning point from this is to not assume things will automatically happen, and signatures on contracts are essential.

QR states that Barrow's initial contract extension was agreed prior to Ricketts's departure, but not signed until after Ricketts's had departed. He also states the Board claims they were legally obliged to honour the contract. I am not an expert, but that sounds a bit wooly to me; I am sure there are legal experts on here who could clarify.

As for Barrow changing his mind and wanting out, there is probably a valid reason for it. So, in conclusion, the Board has made some errors, having been hit by a host of unwanted events. That is no reason to demand either their heads or their resignations. We should move on, and if WST members are not happy with things they should follow process and bring about a vote of no confidence. Personally, I would support the Board, but they must learn from the past few months.[/QUOTE]

Quite right.

The only real mistake was extending GBs contract if that was the case to tally up with the DL arrival. To be fair seeing as DL was an ex-player not many would of thought that he would mess us about.

Quay Red 8th February 2019 13.14:06

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2229397]I have great sympathy for the Board because they have been placed in awkward positions by forces often beyond their control, and then attacked unjustifiably for doing their job.

Unfortunately, some folk often misuse other folk to further their aims; Lawrence seemingly did this. However, the main learning point from this is to not assume things will automatically happen, and signatures on contracts are essential.

[COLOR="Red"]QR states that Barrow's initial contract extension was agreed prior to Ricketts's departure, but not signed until after Ricketts's had departed. He also states the Board claims they were legally obliged to honour the contract. I am not an expert, but that sounds a bit wooly to me; I am sure there are legal experts on here who could clarify.[/COLOR]

As for Barrow changing his mind and wanting out, there is probably a valid reason for it. So, in conclusion, the Board has made some errors, having been hit by a host of unwanted events. That is no reason to demand either their heads or their resignations. We should move on, and if WST members are not happy with things they should follow process and bring about a vote of no confidence. Personally, I would support the Board, but they must learn from the past few months.[/QUOTE]

Would like to see another legal opinion on this but it was stated that contracts had been verbally agreed, documents drawn up and exchanged for signature. Then Rickets put the spanner in the works.

Some times you can't plan everything and need to firefight.. Appears that once the fire started someone kept fanning the flames.

Quay Red 8th February 2019 13.16:02

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2229402]Quite right.

The only real mistake was extending GBs contract if that was the case to tally up with the DL arrival. To be fair seeing as DL was an ex-player not many would of thought that he would mess us about.[/QUOTE]

This is not true.

Rickets wanted Barrows contract extended to match his own.
The deal was done before Rickets flew the coop.
Lawrence was approached as he was willing to have Barrow alongside.

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th February 2019 13.32:03

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2229391]We've been pissed about by Dean Keates-staying then going, Sam Ricketts-Engineered the move to Screws with Dave Edwards et al, Dennis Lawrence-who agreed a deal then got T&T to pay him more/offer new contract and then Graham Barrow-who took on the job he didn't really want and found it wasn't for him, who then asked could he go back to being a number 2. Board obliges and finds young coach who GB must of approved of. Then he jumps ship leaving us with Mike Newell who the players disliked apparently.

Not been an easy ride for the club board. Bit like a merry-go-round that you want to get off but keep getting dragged back on by someone.[/QUOTE]

We have just been damn unlucky. I think some of the critisism is ill educated and not based on the full story. Now I have taken the time to understand the full story I have alot of sympathy for the board.

Haruki 8th February 2019 13.41:58

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2229405]This is not true.

Rickets wanted Barrows contract extended to match his own.
The deal was done before Rickets flew the coop.
Lawrence was approached as he was willing to have Barrow alongside.[/QUOTE]

That version of events makes sense but it highlighted another growing problem I have mentioned a few times. As members we used to be told that we were told information as soon as it was available. Now the release of information is staged to provide a good news story when the board feel one is required.
Pearson signed his contract weeks before the fan base were told. And it appears Barrow did too and it was release under the "we value loyalty" banner but that decision really backfired as we then believed they appointed an assistant without a manager in place. If the board had told us of GB's extended contract when he signed it we all would have been delighted.
I am sorry but the board created a lot of their own problems by choosing to use information as something they can release when suits them not when it actually happens

pagl 8th February 2019 14.01:06

[QUOTE=Haruki;2229411]That version of events makes sense but it highlighted another growing problem I have mentioned a few times. As members we used to be told that we were told information as soon as it was available. Now the release of information is staged to provide a good news story when the board feel one is required.
Pearson signed his contract weeks before the fan base were told. And it appears Barrow did too and it was release under the "we value loyalty" banner but that decision really backfired as we then believed they appointed an assistant without a manager in place. If the board had told us of GB's extended contract when he signed it we all would have been delighted.
I am sorry but the board created a lot of their own problems by choosing to use information as something they can release when suits them not when it actually happens[/QUOTE]

Good points.

All of this divisiveness is caused by the actions of the club board, why cant we just go back to reporting news as it happens rather than all this political bollocks.

Football fans don't care about all the politics, WAFC board cannot trust the WST board because they leak information. They then hide the facts.
Its all bollocks to me.

RED2309 8th February 2019 14.43:38

[QUOTE=pagl;2229416]Good points.

All of this divisiveness is caused by the actions of the club board, why cant we just go back to reporting news as it happens rather than all this political bollocks.

Football fans don't care about all the politics, WAFC board cannot trust the WST board because they leak information. They then hide the facts.
Its all bollocks to me.[/QUOTE]

Correct if information was released as it happened it would have lessened the margin for error and mistrust.

Even Moss used to have a weekly press release (every Thursday I think) it was all lies but I looked forward to it!:D

pagl 8th February 2019 14.56:13

[QUOTE=RED2309;2229429]Correct if information was released as it happened it would have lessened the margin for error and mistrust.

Even Moss used to have a weekly press release (every Thursday I think) it was all lies but I looked forward to it!:D[/QUOTE]

Thats because Moss didnt have a clue what was happening.
He spent his time at the training ground trying to be the players friend.
He completely ignored running the club, unpaid sponsor boards etc etc.

Thats what makes all this so frustrating. Off the field great but football decisions are bonkers.

Quay Red 8th February 2019 15.07:37

[QUOTE=pagl;2229435]Thats because Moss didnt have a clue what was happening.
He spent his time at the training ground trying to be the players friend.
He completely ignored running the club, unpaid sponsor boards etc etc.

Thats what makes all this so frustrating. Off the field great but football decisions are bonkers.[/QUOTE]

Whether football decisions are bonkers is normally reserved for hindsight.
The policy of appointing young progressive coaches / managers has not been a disaster and in some ways can be seen as productive.
Keates and Rickets have obviously showed enough to get poached. That's pretty much beyond our control.
Maybe Bryan Hughes will last the course and buck that trend whilst being successful.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.17:58.