Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th February 2019, 13.41:58   #41-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
This is not true.

Rickets wanted Barrows contract extended to match his own.
The deal was done before Rickets flew the coop.
Lawrence was approached as he was willing to have Barrow alongside.
That version of events makes sense but it highlighted another growing problem I have mentioned a few times. As members we used to be told that we were told information as soon as it was available. Now the release of information is staged to provide a good news story when the board feel one is required.
Pearson signed his contract weeks before the fan base were told. And it appears Barrow did too and it was release under the "we value loyalty" banner but that decision really backfired as we then believed they appointed an assistant without a manager in place. If the board had told us of GB's extended contract when he signed it we all would have been delighted.
I am sorry but the board created a lot of their own problems by choosing to use information as something they can release when suits them not when it actually happens
Old 8th February 2019, 14.01:06   #42-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
That version of events makes sense but it highlighted another growing problem I have mentioned a few times. As members we used to be told that we were told information as soon as it was available. Now the release of information is staged to provide a good news story when the board feel one is required.
Pearson signed his contract weeks before the fan base were told. And it appears Barrow did too and it was release under the "we value loyalty" banner but that decision really backfired as we then believed they appointed an assistant without a manager in place. If the board had told us of GB's extended contract when he signed it we all would have been delighted.
I am sorry but the board created a lot of their own problems by choosing to use information as something they can release when suits them not when it actually happens
Good points.

All of this divisiveness is caused by the actions of the club board, why cant we just go back to reporting news as it happens rather than all this political bollocks.

Football fans don't care about all the politics, WAFC board cannot trust the WST board because they leak information. They then hide the facts.
Its all bollocks to me.
Old 8th February 2019, 14.43:38   #43-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Good points.

All of this divisiveness is caused by the actions of the club board, why cant we just go back to reporting news as it happens rather than all this political bollocks.

Football fans don't care about all the politics, WAFC board cannot trust the WST board because they leak information. They then hide the facts.
Its all bollocks to me.
Correct if information was released as it happened it would have lessened the margin for error and mistrust.

Even Moss used to have a weekly press release (every Thursday I think) it was all lies but I looked forward to it!
Old 8th February 2019, 14.56:13   #44-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
Correct if information was released as it happened it would have lessened the margin for error and mistrust.

Even Moss used to have a weekly press release (every Thursday I think) it was all lies but I looked forward to it!
Thats because Moss didnt have a clue what was happening.
He spent his time at the training ground trying to be the players friend.
He completely ignored running the club, unpaid sponsor boards etc etc.

Thats what makes all this so frustrating. Off the field great but football decisions are bonkers.
Old 8th February 2019, 15.07:37   #45-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Thats because Moss didnt have a clue what was happening.
He spent his time at the training ground trying to be the players friend.
He completely ignored running the club, unpaid sponsor boards etc etc.

Thats what makes all this so frustrating. Off the field great but football decisions are bonkers.
Whether football decisions are bonkers is normally reserved for hindsight.
The policy of appointing young progressive coaches / managers has not been a disaster and in some ways can be seen as productive.
Keates and Rickets have obviously showed enough to get poached. That's pretty much beyond our control.
Maybe Bryan Hughes will last the course and buck that trend whilst being successful.
Old 8th February 2019, 15.36:13   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Keats and Rickitts left in an attempt to further their career - that’s fine by me. Barrow left because he realised that he had got in over his head, and at his age, he shouldn’t have the hassle. They are not bad people. These things happen.
Old 8th February 2019, 15.52:46   #47-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

QR. Its 3 1/2 years for a rookie. Is that bonkers?
Old 8th February 2019, 15.57:15   #48-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Whether football decisions are bonkers is normally reserved for hindsight.
The policy of appointing young progressive coaches / managers has not been a disaster and in some ways can be seen as productive.
Keates and Rickets have obviously showed enough to get poached. That's pretty much beyond our control.
Maybe Bryan Hughes will last the course and buck that trend whilst being successful.

So you're expecting Hughes to be a huge success? Let's get real here he was a joint manager 3 yrs ago and after 5 defeats on the bounce was sacked or left by mutual consent which is the same only a polite term, that club was 2 divisions below where we are, since then he has been kicking golf balls around.

He is a massive gamble with 15 games to go, if in the closed season maybe worth the gamble not when 5th 4 points off top.. It shows how clueless on the playing side the board is.

Also all the times Harris and Bircham before him rabbited about top managers applying, shows they must of been far from the truth also.

So a massive gamble this appointment for me I feel for him really.

This club could do a TV programme I'm a football manager or an assistant... Please get me out of here.

Never mind as SH would spin great times.

#onecircus
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th February 2019, 16.01:18   #49-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
QR. Its 3 1/2 years for a rookie. Is that bonkers?
Depends on the terms and conditions.
As long as the club aren't exposed in the event of failure then it may be a reasonable appointment.
Hope the lad does well and gets the team moving in the right direction.
To write him off before he has a chance is bonkers.
Old 8th February 2019, 16.05:53   #50-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
So you're expecting Hughes to be a huge success? Let's get real here he was a joint manager 3 yrs ago and after 5 defeats on the bounce was sacked or left by mutual consent which is the same only a polite term, that club was 2 divisions below where we are, since then he has been kicking golf balls around.

He is a massive gamble with 15 games to go, if in the closed season maybe worth the gamble not when 5th 4 points off top.. It shows how clueless on the playing side the board is.

Also all the times Harris and Bircham before him rabbited about top managers applying, shows they must of been far from the truth also.

So a massive gamble this appointment for me I feel for him really.

This club could do a TV programme I'm a football manager or an assistant... Please get me out of here.

Never mind as SH would spin great times.

#onecircus
Posted via mobile theme

Just FYI, Foot Golf still uses footballs, not golf balls. That would be weird.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.00:31.