RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113402-barrow-dropped-us-no-differnt-than-rickets.html)

Willywill 8th February 2019 15.36:13

Re: Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets

Keats and Rickitts left in an attempt to further their career - that’s fine by me. Barrow left because he realised that he had got in over his head, and at his age, he shouldn’t have the hassle. They are not bad people. These things happen.

pagl 8th February 2019 15.52:46

QR. Its 3 1/2 years for a rookie. Is that bonkers?

John Neals Dynasty 8th February 2019 15.57:15

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2229437]Whether football decisions are bonkers is normally reserved for hindsight.
The policy of appointing young progressive coaches / managers has not been a disaster and in some ways can be seen as productive.
Keates and Rickets have obviously showed enough to get poached. That's pretty much beyond our control.
Maybe Bryan Hughes will last the course and buck that trend whilst being successful.[/QUOTE]

So you're expecting Hughes to be a huge success? Let's get real here he was a joint manager 3 yrs ago and after 5 defeats on the bounce was sacked or left by mutual consent which is the same only a polite term, that club was 2 divisions below where we are, since then he has been kicking golf balls around.

He is a massive gamble with 15 games to go, if in the closed season maybe worth the gamble not when 5th 4 points off top.. It shows how clueless on the playing side the board is.

Also all the times Harris and Bircham before him rabbited about top managers applying, shows they must of been far from the truth also.

So a massive gamble this appointment for me I feel for him really.

This club could do a TV programme I'm a football manager or an assistant... Please get me out of here.

Never mind as SH would spin great times.

#onecircus
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Quay Red 8th February 2019 16.01:18

[QUOTE=pagl;2229453]QR. Its 3 1/2 years for a rookie. Is that bonkers?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the terms and conditions.
As long as the club aren't exposed in the event of failure then it may be a reasonable appointment.
Hope the lad does well and gets the team moving in the right direction.
To write him off before he has a chance is bonkers.

Jenks87 8th February 2019 16.05:53

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2229455]So you're expecting Hughes to be a huge success? Let's get real here he was a joint manager 3 yrs ago and after 5 defeats on the bounce was sacked or left by mutual consent which is the same only a polite term, that club was 2 divisions below where we are, since then he has been kicking golf balls around.

He is a massive gamble with 15 games to go, if in the closed season maybe worth the gamble not when 5th 4 points off top.. It shows how clueless on the playing side the board is.

Also all the times Harris and Bircham before him rabbited about top managers applying, shows they must of been far from the truth also.

This club could do a TV programme I'm a football manager or an assistant... Please get me out of here.

#onecircus
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Just FYI, Foot Golf still uses footballs, not golf balls. That would be weird.

Hightown Brymbo Red 8th February 2019 16.06:40

Length of contracts appear to be irrelevant at WFC...Who is the last person to work to the end of their contract?..

John Neals Dynasty 8th February 2019 16.10:26

[QUOTE=Jenks87;2229458]Just FYI, Foot Golf still uses footballs, not golf balls. That would be weird.[/QUOTE]

😂 Yes it would thanks for that.

But does that make him a good choice as manager when in our position in the league? No experience.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 8th February 2019 16.42:04

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2229455]So you're expecting Hughes to be a huge success? Let's get real here he was a joint manager 3 yrs ago and after 5 defeats on the bounce was sacked or left by mutual consent which is the same only a polite term, that club was 2 divisions below where we are, since then he has been kicking golf balls around.

#onecircus

There is an element of luck in all appointments. Man Utd appointed Mourinho and he bombed. They then choose Olé Gunnar Solskjaer - someone with limited experience and success - and bingo!

‘Ballsey move, Maverick’, but let’s give BH a chance, and see what happens. You never know!:)

Prodigal Dragon 8th February 2019 16.43:56

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2229463]😂 Yes it would thanks for that.

But does that make him a good choice as manager when in our position in the league? No experience.

He’s a big admirer of Brian Flynn, so let’s hope he’s a chip off the old block.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.06:04.