RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113402-barrow-dropped-us-no-differnt-than-rickets.html)

welshian 8th February 2019 18.03:09

Re: Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2229463]😂 Yes it would thanks for that.

But does that make him a good choice as manager when in our position in the league? No experience.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

It's par for the course for us.

Red33 8th February 2019 18.22:11

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2229457]Depends on the terms and conditions.
As long as the club aren't exposed in the event of failure then it may be a reasonable appointment.
Hope the lad does well and gets the team moving in the right direction.
To write him off before he has a chance is bonkers.[/QUOTE]

What do people think these terms and conditions would be? Genuine question. I just can't imagine there being any clause that would be success based for the rest of this season. Why would he risk leaving a job if he could be got rid of so easily if he bombs for the rest of the season.

My worry is if it doesn't work and we go on a losing run we're going to be paying a manager off that was a huge gamble, hence possibly bonkers!
Fingers crossed this doesn't happen and we're back in the league next year!!!

Jaded 8th February 2019 19.14:52

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2229455]So you're expecting Hughes to be a huge success? Let's get real here he was a joint manager 3 yrs ago and after 5 defeats on the bounce was sacked or left by mutual consent which is the same only a polite term, that club was 2 divisions below where we are, since then he has been kicking golf balls around.

He is a massive gamble with 15 games to go, if in the closed season maybe worth the gamble not when 5th 4 points off top.. It shows how clueless on the playing side the board is.

Also all the times Harris and Bircham before him rabbited about top managers applying, shows they must of been far from the truth also.

So a massive gamble this appointment for me I feel for him really.

This club could do a TV programme I'm a football manager or an assistant... Please get me out of here.

Never mind as SH would spin great times.

#onecircus
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Didn’t he stop doing the foot golf thing when he started at i2i in 2015? Or was he doing both?

John Neals Dynasty 8th February 2019 19.14:56

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2229475]There is an element of luck in all appointments. Man Utd appointed Mourinho and he bombed. They then choose Olé Gunnar Solskjaer - someone with limited experience and success - and bingo!

‘Ballsey move, Maverick’, but let’s give BH a chance, and see what happens. You never know!:)[/QUOTE]

I never said I wouldn't give him a chance. I will get behind whoever is manager I wasn't one who voted on the Poll to get rid of Barrow after 5 losses.

I'm just saying it's a hell of a gamble on the best chance we have had of actually winning this league and to put a very in experienced manager in without an experienced assistant is madness.

Ole Gunnar has the brains behind him in probably the best assistant in years.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

ABd 8th February 2019 20.16:25

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2229265]Must admit I got confuse over the Data Protection stuff which apparently stopped the WAFC board telling the trust board what was happening. It seems it's down to employer / employee confidentiality.
.[/QUOTE]

I don't get that whole GDPR thing.. WST are the owners!

Lawrence and Barrow would have been the dream team... and my fkin SkyBet account would have been a lot healthier! :31:

TaidTom 8th February 2019 20.22:02

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2229475]There is an element of luck in all appointments. Man Utd appointed Mourinho and he bombed. They then choose Olé Gunnar Solskjaer - someone with limited experience and success - and bingo!

‘Ballsey move, Maverick’, but let’s give BH a chance, and see what happens. You never know!:)[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right, PD. I'm not bothered about credentials anymore. Every managerial appointment is 'close your eyes, cross your fingers and roll the dice'.

Funny_Old_Game 8th February 2019 20.29:18

Solskjaer has been managing for 10 years.

Hughes has managed once for about 10 minutes at Scarborough.

TaidTom 8th February 2019 20.33:58

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2229535]Solskjaer has been managing for 10 years.

Hughes has managed once for about 10 minutes at Scarborough.[/QUOTE]

I take your point, but even the greatest have managed for just 10 minutes at some point in their career.

Willywill 8th February 2019 21.05:42

I too will support Bryan Hughes as he is managing my club. Saying that, I cannot remember a bigger gamble in the 50 years that I have been attending games here. A bizarre decision. Totally off the wall. Could only be bettered by appointing Father Christmas or Julian Clary!
I have been away with work for the past 48 hours, and catching up on RP, it appears that things have got blacker and blacker. I am glad I don’t get involved in the behind the scenes politics - I don’t understand most of the heavy stuff on here.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.21:23.