Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th February 2019, 12.39:13   #82-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugarte007 View Post
Unless they have proof how can they basically accuse people of leaking information? Its not doing themselves any favours. Maybe it was them who leaked the info. I would never any individual with pathetic personal abuse like ive read but id vote for a change up top.

Also mentioning this site as an issue is ridiculous, something is wrong so why cant someone just admit it.
It was a way of deflecting some of the flack. Disparage the sources of opinion and information. Age old political trick and shows the WST/WAFC structure is becoming more political between the 2 parties.
Old 8th February 2019, 12.45:07   #83-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

I was in the pub last night (….I had a feeling the meeting in the Cent was not going to reveal a lot, and frankly have lost interest in those love in meetings).

However, I was very surprised at the number of people debating events at the club over the last few days. Many I didn't even realise knew the club existed.

Everyone was saying how ridiculous recent events have made the club look and how amateurish things appeared to have been handled.

I have no idea what the truth is behind how, why and when all the events since Ricketts left us have happened, but from a PR point of view this has been a massive own goal.

And I struggle to understand how that can be blamed on Red Passion.
Old 8th February 2019, 12.53:21   #84-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

How many times has red passion been the focal point for campaign against Moss and Roberts, been a platform for the WST, raising the money to start the season, building the budget. I’d take red passion over the board anyday. It’s disgusting that club officials think it’s right to insult fellow Wrexham fans who’ve saved this club more times than I can count.
Old 8th February 2019, 12.54:39   #85-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Just switched on my quarter of a brain, as someone who is not on Twitter or Facebook and no intentions of I just use my little brain on RP. I don't know what goes on, on those things although I've been told they make RP look like a calm collected forum in comparison.

All the outrage on here could of been easily calmed down if the board had done the decent thing, they and their idols look and post on here so no excuses and all they to do was this.

Apologise for the complete balls up they have been making on the playing side of the club, the poor decision making, the treating their fellow fans like imbeciles, and just do the simple thing and hold their hands up and admit they have got it wrong on numerous occasions.

Nobody is criticising the very good job they are doing on the running side of it they deserve credit for that and the voluntary time they put in.

But it's a football club which imho is to big for them to know the main bread and butter side as well and that's where the board lack professionalism.

All they had to do was apologise for the recent diabolical decisions since the departure of Ricketts which has wasted our the owners money.

They can close ranks surround themselves with sycophants as much as they like, all it is doing is driving a wedge between the fanbase, not every fan who goes to the games support the WST or the fan ownership, but they are fans and put money into the club.

Recent events has split the fanbase like Brexit has the country and if we don't even make the play offs this season then the storm clouds will gather, fans won't put up with this failure forever, after last season's cock ups,to be followed with even worse this season fans are in despair.

We have to get behind the really amateurish appointment of Bryan Hughes as he is just a patsy to take the brunt of it if we fail again like Davies last season.

Here's hoping he gets the right experienced assistant because he is going to need it.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th February 2019, 12.55:24   #86-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Angry words Phil which are for sure not groundless. However I cannot condone things that will hurt the club like ceasing sponsorship. I know why you want to do it - and of course its your right not to sponsor but not to remove my option from within RP. We should better channel our energies to presenting the board with a collection of coherent questions for the AGM. I always suspected last night would be a stich up and so it proved. The AGM is the right place. At this stage of the season the only thing we can do is to get behind the team and BH and hope for a miracle - nothing else is going to happen anyway and we all know that.
Even if we get the miracle - questions need to be asked.
The big question is how to separate fact from fiction but without feedback from those in charge that is impossible.
The AGM is not the appropriate vehicle through which to question the Board on what’s happened in the Barrow, Lawrence, Barrow and Newell, Hughes debacle.

If, as some say it’s caused a rift between fans, it is up to those that feel aggrieved to call for an Extraordinary General Meeting, in accordance with the constitution, whatever that may be (x no of members, y % of members). I don’t know what the exact mechanics are in the case of WST, but if a group feel strong enough about things they should do their own research and work towards it.

It goes without saying that only Trust Members can call for such a meeting, so those thinking of resigning their membership need to bear that in mind if they are looking for explanations or changes to be made. Resigning will only hurt the Club and take away whatever voice you have.
Old 8th February 2019, 13.02:06   #87-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Jackoisback View Post
I was thinking the same.

I originally came on RP when Moss was in power and advocated we have him the WST war chest. I was quickly persuaded by RP posters that this was stupid and we had a mass enemy called Moss who had a completely different agenda to the fans.

These days it’s just fans with perhaps different political agendas. Last night I expected at least one of the vitriolic posters to attend the meeting and ask the questions they do on here. But no. Not one.

So how important is it. Alternative owners. New fan group.

It’s all just politics and spin. Yes RP poster spin.

At least a core of fans turned out to support our new manager who has joined the madhouse club.

Everything else seems quite petty and moaney on here.

Blah blah I can’t be arsed travelling 10 miles to go to the meeting. No you really just can’t be arsed can you. Stuck to your keyboard.
Its ironic that people who criticise the board of both the football club and the WST who do hours of unpaid work every week can't get off their backsides to attend a meeting for two hours to put their point of view.
Old 8th February 2019, 13.04:15   #88-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
The AGM is not the appropriate vehicle through which to question the Board on what’s happened in the Barrow, Lawrence, Barrow and Newell, Hughes debacle.

If, as some say it’s caused a rift between fans, it is up to those that feel aggrieved to call for an Extraordinary General Meeting, in accordance with the constitution, whatever that may be (x no of members, y % of members). I don’t know what the exact mechanics are in the case of WST, but if a group feel strong enough about things they should do their own research and work towards it.

It goes without saying that only Trust Members can call for such a meeting, so those thinking of resigning their membership need to bear that in mind if they are looking for explanations or changes to be made. Resigning will only hurt the Club and take away whatever voice you have.
Not sure I understand why questions regarding communication channels and budget cannot be addressed in the AGM ? If I felt an EGM was required I would have said so but I personally do not see the benefit at this stage I believe as we are 4 points off the top we should all concentrate on footballing matters for now and then address these issues.
Old 8th February 2019, 13.05:13   #89-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Some observations from last night…

Bad start when Pete Jones decided to crack some jokes about the frequency of “meet the manager” meetings (note to Pete: it’s really not funny anymore”).

Then a decent interview. A good structure from Jones, albeit clumsily done. Bryan Hughes was actually quite impressive, much more articulate than I remember . He seemed to have a good insight into why we don’t score goals, and hinted at a return to two strikers playing closer together; to me 433 is a long term reason why we don’t score. He skirted difficult questions with intelligence and a degree of honesty, in particular the question about whether he would leave us early a la Keates and Ricketts; clearly he will.

The second half was a brilliant exposition of game management and control. A united board on stage, fronting a hall which had been packed early (at the front) by loyalists - the nodding dogs. Spencer Harris spoke well and played to this crowd skillfully , asking them questions where he knew the answer would be an infant school supportive chorus of “Yessssss”. From the Board’s point of view some good planted statements and questions too, especially from the nodding dog who seemed to think any critics are “cretins”. So, it was carefully controlled throughout and anyone sitting further back who had anything remotely off the party line to say was given ugly looks and shakes of the head by the nodding dogs, or in this case the “head-shaking dogs”.

Particularly disappointing was Pete Jones’ ramble about how WST ownership is the only way forward; apparently the fate of Notts County proves this. I suspect that when he sees a swallow in May he thinks it’s going to be a glorious summer.

So I left feeling quite sad. It is clear more than ever that this is a clever clique with its head firmly turned against any other form of ownership or ideas. I expected some humility, some apologies, maybe some ideas for how they intend to do things differently in the future, how strategies might change; but alas no. They really are completely out of touch with fans beyond the activist base.

And anyone who thinks Richard Ulrich is the answer ? Well perhaps not. This bloke spent the entire first half glued to his phone and chatting to his mates. He showed not the slightest bit of interest in Bryan Hughes’ answers.
Old 8th February 2019, 13.07:00   #90-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
Its ironic that people who criticise the board of both the football club and the WST who do hours of unpaid work every week can't get off their backsides to attend a meeting for two hours to put their point of view.

Maybe I don't know those who criticise who are able to attend don't feel comfortable asking question in a room full of sheep who won't allow any criticism of the elite, plus they would not get any straight answers from them, they had a meeting before it took get their stories straight.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.22:38.