RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   'Redpassion is a disgrace (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113403-redpassion-disgrace.html)

John Neals Dynasty 8th February 2019 12.13:11

[QUOTE=WREX777;2229348]Some observations from last night…

Bad start when Pete Jones decided to crack some jokes about the frequency of “meet the manager” meetings (note to Pete: it’s really not funny anymore”).

Then a decent interview. A good structure from Jones, albeit clumsily done. Bryan Hughes was actually quite impressive, much more articulate than I remember . He seemed to have a good insight into why we don’t score goals, and hinted at a return to two strikers playing closer together; to me 433 is a long term reason why we don’t score. He skirted difficult questions with intelligence and a degree of honesty, in particular the question about whether he would leave us early a la Keates and Ricketts; clearly he will.

The second half was a brilliant exposition of game management and control. A united board on stage, fronting a hall which had been packed early (at the front) by loyalists - the nodding dogs. Spencer Harris spoke well and played to this crowd skillfully , asking them questions where he knew the answer would be an infant school supportive chorus of “Yessssss”. From the Board’s point of view some good planted statements and questions too, especially from the nodding dog who seemed to think any critics are “cretins”. So, it was carefully controlled throughout and anyone sitting further back who had anything remotely off the party line to say was given ugly looks and shakes of the head by the nodding dogs, or in this case the “head-shaking dogs”.

Particularly disappointing was Pete Jones’ ramble about how WST ownership is the only way forward; apparently the fate of Notts County proves this. I suspect that when he sees a swallow in May he thinks it’s going to be a glorious summer.

So I left feeling quite sad. It is clear more than ever that this is a clever clique with its head firmly turned against any other form of ownership or ideas. I expected some humility, some apologies, maybe some ideas for how they intend to do things differently in the future, how strategies might change; but alas no. They really are completely out of touch with fans beyond the activist base.

And anyone who thinks Richard Ulrich is the answer ? Well perhaps not. This bloke spent the entire first half glued to his phone and chatting to his mates. He showed not the slightest bit of interest in Bryan Hughes’ answers.[/QUOTE]

Excellent honest post and confirms my thoughts personally that power has gone to their heads.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 8th February 2019 12.16:05

Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

[QUOTE=RED2309;2229344]Its ironic that people who criticise the board of both the football club and the WST who do hours of unpaid work every week can't get off their backsides to attend a meeting for two hours to put their point of view.[/QUOTE]

or maybe some live far away, some were working and some suffering ill health and unable to travel. Or maybe its all black and white in your world.

fezbob 8th February 2019 12.19:07

24 hours doesn't really give people much notice to attend, especially if you had prior arrangements.

John Neals Dynasty 8th February 2019 12.19:37

[QUOTE=pagl;2229357]or maybe some live far away, some were working and some suffering ill health and unable to travel. Or maybe its all black and white in your world.[/QUOTE]

Just imagine if the 800 odd at one time had been able to attend they wouldn't fit in the room, it's the board and their close buddies who post criticism of not attending Wrex777 post sums up these meetings perfectly.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 8th February 2019 12.20:01

[QUOTE=RED2309;2229344]Its ironic that people who criticise the board of both the football club and the WST who do hours of unpaid work every week can't get off their backsides to attend a meeting for two hours to put their point of view.[/QUOTE]

Is that all you've got? Trotting out this total horse sh!t?

So if you criticise the club on a fans forum that means that you must attend any meetings like last nights?
You clearly haven't grasped the concept of a forum like this.

Plus, maybe, just maybe fans have lives outside of the football club and simply cannot attend.
Maybe many fans put their personal lives and family first ahead of club matters.
Maybe the weak, if not abysmal turnout at meetings should tell the club and fans like you something that all is not well?
Maybe the pathetic numbers that vote for WST elections and other stuff members vote on should also tell you something that something is wrong.

And people claim that there isn't a clique. Well there's your clique in one room pretty much last night. Full of sheeple and nodding dogs who will literally lap up anything the club board says DESPITE recent events with the ONLY back up to that being that they are unpaid volunteers.

I support Wrexham FC, not volunteers, not the WST or any of the board members.
Some fans like you are prepared to let the club suffer it seems just keep unpaid volunteers away from criticism and to keep them in their roles. It really is pathetic.

11 years of football failure and counting.

RED2309 8th February 2019 12.20:58

[QUOTE=pagl;2229357]or maybe some live far away, some were working and some suffering ill health and unable to travel. Or maybe its all black and white in your world.[/QUOTE]

There will always be genuine reasons why people cannot attend I appreciate that but does that cover all the critics? I doubt it.

Phils-an-alki 8th February 2019 12.22:19

[QUOTE=WREX777;2229348]Some observations from last night…

Bad start when Pete Jones decided to crack some jokes about the frequency of “meet the manager” meetings (note to Pete: it’s really not funny anymore”).

Then a decent interview. A good structure from Jones, albeit clumsily done. Bryan Hughes was actually quite impressive, much more articulate than I remember . He seemed to have a good insight into why we don’t score goals, and hinted at a return to two strikers playing closer together; to me 433 is a long term reason why we don’t score. He skirted difficult questions with intelligence and a degree of honesty, in particular the question about whether he would leave us early a la Keates and Ricketts; clearly he will.

The second half was a brilliant exposition of game management and control. A united board on stage, fronting a hall which had been packed early (at the front) by loyalists - the nodding dogs. Spencer Harris spoke well and played to this crowd skillfully , asking them questions where he knew the answer would be an infant school supportive chorus of “Yessssss”. From the Board’s point of view some good planted statements and questions too, especially from the nodding dog who seemed to think any critics are “cretins”. So, it was carefully controlled throughout and anyone sitting further back who had anything remotely off the party line to say was given ugly looks and shakes of the head by the nodding dogs, or in this case the “head-shaking dogs”.

Particularly disappointing was Pete Jones’ ramble about how WST ownership is the only way forward; apparently the fate of Notts County proves this. I suspect that when he sees a swallow in May he thinks it’s going to be a glorious summer.

So I left feeling quite sad. It is clear more than ever that this is a clever clique with its head firmly turned against any other form of ownership or ideas. I expected some humility, some apologies, maybe some ideas for how they intend to do things differently in the future, how strategies might change; but alas no. They really are completely out of touch with fans beyond the activist base.

And anyone who thinks Richard Ulrich is the answer ? Well perhaps not. This bloke spent the entire first half glued to his phone and chatting to his mates. He showed not the slightest bit of interest in Bryan Hughes’ answers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this.
Many predicted what it would be like and they were right on the money.

RED2309 8th February 2019 12.22:37

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2229362]Is that all you've got? Trotting out this total horse sh!t?

So if you criticise the club on a fans forum that means that you must attend any meetings like last nights?
You clearly haven't grasped the concept of a forum like this.

Plus, maybe, just maybe fans have lives outside of the football club and simply cannot attend.
Maybe many fans put their personal lives and family first ahead of club matters.
Maybe the weak, if not abysmal turnout at meetings should tell the club and fans like you something that all is not well?
Maybe the pathetic numbers that vote for WST elections and other stuff members vote on should also tell you something that something is wrong.

And people claim that there isn't a clique. Well there's your clique in one room pretty much last night. Full of sheeple and nodding dogs who will literally lap up anything the club board says DESPITE recent events with the ONLY back up to that being that they are unpaid volunteers.

I support Wrexham FC, not volunteers, not the WST or any of the board members.
Some fans like you are prepared to let the club suffer it seems just keep unpaid volunteers away from criticism and to keep them in their roles. It really is pathetic.

11 years of football failure and counting.[/QUOTE]

I take it you didn't go to the meeting then.................

pagl 8th February 2019 12.23:10

[QUOTE=RED2309;2229363]There will always be genuine reasons why people cannot attend I appreciate that but does that cover all the critics? I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

There was no room for dissenters as all the nodding dogs had been lined up :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.56:27.