Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2019, 09.41:02   #201-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Wow. This is up there as one of the most insulting posts I’ve ever read. It insults the majority of our fanbase if you got your head out of your arse.

Pander to people like me? Wow. What are we meant to appreciate exactly, on the football side of things? Nothing is the answer. I think we appreciate the work they’ve done off the field but I support Wrexham FOOTBALL club, yes the football bit is my concern.

For the record I don’t personally call for ambition or random signings at all. I understand the game enough to know that without quality players who are able to score some goals, succces will be a long way away. You can get away with having slightly above average players if you have a couple of quality forwards. At this moment in time we have quality centre halves and the rest are average players, it’s a miracle where we are. I’m sorry for wanting a decent football team to support.

If we haven’t got the resources, like you say, then we need a change of direction, and we need it now.
Proof that you don’t get it and never will. That the club hasn’t given you what you want is undeniable because you never shut up about the fact that they haven’t. It’s the fact that you can’t even see that the club is run more along the lines you want it to be than I want it to be is what’s laughable. When fans took over there was a great opportunity to change the way clubs were run, but instead it’s just like every other club but without the money to do it well. The reason that has happened is because fans behave like you, blathering on and on if the team up the road signs someone you want and the club has to look like it’s chasing that. If that insults most of the fan base that’s because it’s intentional; after everything the club has been through most people just want to keep on doing the same thing, and if you think that would end with promotion then you’re barking mad.
__________________
Techno tribal, positively primal, shamanic anarchistic archaic revival.

Last edited by Junior Shabadoo; 9th February 2019 at 09.42:28..
Old 9th February 2019, 10.04:42   #202-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Proof that you don’t get it and never will. That the club hasn’t given you what you want is undeniable because you never shut up about the fact that they haven’t. It’s the fact that you can’t even see that the club is run more along the lines you want it to be than I want it to be is what’s laughable. When fans took over there was a great opportunity to change the way clubs were run, but instead it’s just like every other club but without the money to do it well. The reason that has happened is because fans behave like you, blathering on and on if the team up the road signs someone you want and the club has to look like it’s chasing that. If that insults most of the fan base that’s because it’s intentional; after everything the club has been through most people just want to keep on doing the same thing, and if you think that would end with promotion then you’re barking mad.
Another incredibly patronising post. Talking utter shit there.
__________________
"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right." -Brian Clough

Last edited by dixienormous; 9th February 2019 at 10.06:30..
Old 9th February 2019, 10.43:36   #203-0 (permalink)
wil
Cult Hero
 
wil's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
You can act as butthurt about it as you like but why else would a club that has to manage more carefully than most to balance the books adopt an approach at odds with that? Itís because there is a permanent PR war to be won about ďambitionĒ and ďthe cheap optionĒ at odds with being a sustainable community club. If more people accepted the latter as the way forward the club wouldnít be chasing the former (and still being accused of not doing that!).
I donít get butthurt as you call it, itís football, but I donít talk down to people as you like to, thatís what people do to enforce their opinion on others and it doesnít do you a service, you are clearly dedicated to your thoughts, others are allowed them too. Hope thatís ok.
Old 9th February 2019, 10.48:04   #204-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I think the problem is the change of direction which many of us feel would have the best chance of long-term success would be renewed investment in youth, having a reserve team, etc. Numerous posts from some fans request that we ignore all of that and solely focus on the first team - which appears to be exactly what we’ve done for the past few seasons, even though it hadn’t brought us any joy in terms of reaching the playoffs.
Believe me I understand, although shabadooda seems to think he’s above people on here. Our youth setup used to be something to be proud of, a reserve side of some sort is essential, but if we’ve neglected these and focused all we have on our first team then it really is time to have a rethink isn’t it, because our first team has been utter dog turd for years.
__________________
"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right." -Brian Clough

Last edited by dixienormous; 9th February 2019 at 10.49:37..
Old 9th February 2019, 10.57:41   #205-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Another incredibly patronising post. Talking utter shit there.
Heís spot on
Old 9th February 2019, 11.01:40   #206-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I think the problem is the change of direction which many of us feel would have the best chance of long-term success would be renewed investment in youth, having a reserve team, etc. Numerous posts from some fans request that we ignore all of that and solely focus on the first team - which appears to be exactly what weíve done for the past few seasons, even though it hadnít brought us any joy in terms of reaching the playoffs.

I agree with this, no long term goal it's all short term, if by the grace of God we ever get out of this pit, under the present short termism we will struggle like Macclesfield to stay up, as you say no youth and no reserve games.

Take now for example lots of signings who aren't matchfit... Where do they get sharp not playing games? Even the first team have not played for 2 weeks, we should be organising friendlies even if behind closed doors, the new manager comes in ice cold even if it had been an experienced one players like Fondup, Deverdics. Just 2 of many examples aren't getting game time maybe them and others out of the team would improve get sharper if playing.

Oswell last game looked rusty through not playing, Stockton is probably the same and Tollet.

Short termism to reach the Holy Grail and that was was my point to Andy Snake no youth to sell on like Ward etc with sell on fees... So when the recent windfall has gone then what?

Lots right off the field yes but because money is tight we can't afford to spread it more evenly with a moneypit of a ground.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 9th February 2019 at 11.04:42..
Old 9th February 2019, 11.10:14   #207-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I agree with this, no long term goal it's all short term, if by the grace of God we ever get out of this pit, under the present short termism we will struggle like Macclesfield to stay up, as you say no youth and no reserve games.

Take now for example lots of signings who aren't matchfit... Where do they get sharp not playing games? Even the first team have not played for 2 weeks, we should be organising friendlies even if behind closed doors, the new manager comes in ice cold even if it had been an experienced one players like Fondup, Deverdics. Just 2 of many examples aren't getting game time maybe them and others out of the team would improve get sharper if playing.

Oswell last game looked rusty through not playing, Stockton is probably the same and Tollet.

Short termism to reach the Holy Grail and that was was my point to Andy Snake no youth to sell on like Ward etc with sell on fees... So when the recent windfall has gone then what?

Lots right off the field yes but because money is tight we can't afford to spread it more evenly with a moneypit of a ground.
Posted via mobile theme
And. the answer is?
Bryan Hughes has already indicated that he wants to be able to bring young players through. The club have said that they're putting £85k into the youth set up.
Next year we have no right of compensation for any players we bring on and who get poached. We could be spending money for nothing.
Don't know what the answer is. Maybe you have an idea?
Old 9th February 2019, 11.11:50   #208-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly View Post
Heís spot on
He isnít.
__________________
"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right." -Brian Clough
Old 9th February 2019, 11.17:33   #209-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
And. the answer is?
Bryan Hughes has already indicated that he wants to be able to bring young players through. The club have said that they're putting £85k into the youth set up.
Next year we have no right of compensation for any players we bring on and who get poached. We could be spending money for nothing.
Don't know what the answer is. Maybe you have an idea?

Yes advertise for outside investment I can remember when we were as big if not bigger than Cardiff, Swansea, Bournemouth... It's either that or carry on as we are a non league club maybe with the odd up and down like Torquay did.

The ground repairs are a noose around our necks, just looking across at the Kop is depressing.

Fan ownership is limited so either you are happy plodding along till the inevitable or if ambitious look for a better alternative they aren't going to come knocking the door with offers.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 9th February 2019, 11.28:59   #210-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
He isnít.
He is a bit condescending but has a point.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.15:02.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12