Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2019, 10.31:51   #199-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
I've now had the time to review your post and don't believe I contributed to the thread you are referring to.
Sorry, was directed at harrypothead, who started that thread, not you!
Old 9th February 2019, 10.37:03   #200-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Wow. This is up there as one of the most insulting posts I’ve ever read. It insults the majority of our fanbase if you got your head out of your arse.

Pander to people like me? Wow. What are we meant to appreciate exactly, on the football side of things? Nothing is the answer. I think we appreciate the work they’ve done off the field but I support Wrexham FOOTBALL club, yes the football bit is my concern.

For the record I don’t personally call for ambition or random signings at all. I understand the game enough to know that without quality players who are able to score some goals, succces will be a long way away. You can get away with having slightly above average players if you have a couple of quality forwards. At this moment in time we have quality centre halves and the rest are average players, it’s a miracle where we are. I’m sorry for wanting a decent football team to support.

If we haven’t got the resources, like you say, then we need a change of direction, and we need it now.
I think the problem is the change of direction which many of us feel would have the best chance of long-term success would be renewed investment in youth, having a reserve team, etc. Numerous posts from some fans request that we ignore all of that and solely focus on the first team - which appears to be exactly what we’ve done for the past few seasons, even though it hadn’t brought us any joy in terms of reaching the playoffs.
Old 9th February 2019, 10.41:02   #201-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Wow. This is up there as one of the most insulting posts I’ve ever read. It insults the majority of our fanbase if you got your head out of your arse.

Pander to people like me? Wow. What are we meant to appreciate exactly, on the football side of things? Nothing is the answer. I think we appreciate the work they’ve done off the field but I support Wrexham FOOTBALL club, yes the football bit is my concern.

For the record I don’t personally call for ambition or random signings at all. I understand the game enough to know that without quality players who are able to score some goals, succces will be a long way away. You can get away with having slightly above average players if you have a couple of quality forwards. At this moment in time we have quality centre halves and the rest are average players, it’s a miracle where we are. I’m sorry for wanting a decent football team to support.

If we haven’t got the resources, like you say, then we need a change of direction, and we need it now.
Proof that you don’t get it and never will. That the club hasn’t given you what you want is undeniable because you never shut up about the fact that they haven’t. It’s the fact that you can’t even see that the club is run more along the lines you want it to be than I want it to be is what’s laughable. When fans took over there was a great opportunity to change the way clubs were run, but instead it’s just like every other club but without the money to do it well. The reason that has happened is because fans behave like you, blathering on and on if the team up the road signs someone you want and the club has to look like it’s chasing that. If that insults most of the fan base that’s because it’s intentional; after everything the club has been through most people just want to keep on doing the same thing, and if you think that would end with promotion then you’re barking mad.

Last edited by Junior Shabadoo; 9th February 2019 at 10.42:28..
Old 9th February 2019, 11.04:42   #202-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Proof that you don’t get it and never will. That the club hasn’t given you what you want is undeniable because you never shut up about the fact that they haven’t. It’s the fact that you can’t even see that the club is run more along the lines you want it to be than I want it to be is what’s laughable. When fans took over there was a great opportunity to change the way clubs were run, but instead it’s just like every other club but without the money to do it well. The reason that has happened is because fans behave like you, blathering on and on if the team up the road signs someone you want and the club has to look like it’s chasing that. If that insults most of the fan base that’s because it’s intentional; after everything the club has been through most people just want to keep on doing the same thing, and if you think that would end with promotion then you’re barking mad.
Another incredibly patronising post. Talking utter shit there.

Last edited by dixienormous; 9th February 2019 at 11.06:30..
Old 9th February 2019, 11.43:36   #203-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
You can act as butthurt about it as you like but why else would a club that has to manage more carefully than most to balance the books adopt an approach at odds with that? It’s because there is a permanent PR war to be won about “ambition” and “the cheap option” at odds with being a sustainable community club. If more people accepted the latter as the way forward the club wouldn’t be chasing the former (and still being accused of not doing that!).
I don’t get butthurt as you call it, it’s football, but I don’t talk down to people as you like to, that’s what people do to enforce their opinion on others and it doesn’t do you a service, you are clearly dedicated to your thoughts, others are allowed them too. Hope that’s ok.
Old 9th February 2019, 11.48:04   #204-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I think the problem is the change of direction which many of us feel would have the best chance of long-term success would be renewed investment in youth, having a reserve team, etc. Numerous posts from some fans request that we ignore all of that and solely focus on the first team - which appears to be exactly what we’ve done for the past few seasons, even though it hadn’t brought us any joy in terms of reaching the playoffs.
Believe me I understand, although shabadooda seems to think he’s above people on here. Our youth setup used to be something to be proud of, a reserve side of some sort is essential, but if we’ve neglected these and focused all we have on our first team then it really is time to have a rethink isn’t it, because our first team has been utter dog turd for years.

Last edited by dixienormous; 9th February 2019 at 11.49:37..
Old 9th February 2019, 11.57:41   #205-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Another incredibly patronising post. Talking utter shit there.
He’s spot on
Old 9th February 2019, 12.01:40   #206-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

I agree with this, no long term goal it's all short term, if by the grace of God we ever get out of this pit, under the present short termism we will struggle like Macclesfield to stay up, as you say no youth and no reserve games.

Take now for example lots of signings who aren't matchfit... Where do they get sharp not playing games? Even the first team have not played for 2 weeks, we should be organising friendlies even if behind closed doors, the new manager comes in ice cold even if it had been an experienced one players like Fondup, Deverdics. Just 2 of many examples aren't getting game time maybe them and others out of the team would improve get sharper if playing.

Oswell last game looked rusty through not playing, Stockton is probably the same and Tollet.

Short termism to reach the Holy Grail and that was was my point to Andy Snake no youth to sell on like Ward etc with sell on fees... So when the recent windfall has gone then what?

Lots right off the field yes but because money is tight we can't afford to spread it more evenly with a moneypit of a ground.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 9th February 2019 at 12.04:42..
Old 9th February 2019, 12.10:14   #207-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I agree with this, no long term goal it's all short term, if by the grace of God we ever get out of this pit, under the present short termism we will struggle like Macclesfield to stay up, as you say no youth and no reserve games.

Take now for example lots of signings who aren't matchfit... Where do they get sharp not playing games? Even the first team have not played for 2 weeks, we should be organising friendlies even if behind closed doors, the new manager comes in ice cold even if it had been an experienced one players like Fondup, Deverdics. Just 2 of many examples aren't getting game time maybe them and others out of the team would improve get sharper if playing.

Oswell last game looked rusty through not playing, Stockton is probably the same and Tollet.

Short termism to reach the Holy Grail and that was was my point to Andy Snake no youth to sell on like Ward etc with sell on fees... So when the recent windfall has gone then what?

Lots right off the field yes but because money is tight we can't afford to spread it more evenly with a moneypit of a ground.
Posted via mobile theme
And. the answer is?
Bryan Hughes has already indicated that he wants to be able to bring young players through. The club have said that they're putting £85k into the youth set up.
Next year we have no right of compensation for any players we bring on and who get poached. We could be spending money for nothing.
Don't know what the answer is. Maybe you have an idea?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.49:20.