Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th February 2019, 11.27:05   #55-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Right then. RP shouldn't bother sponsoring season, tell them to shove it. No more money should be raised seeing as they can afford to casually throw so much away on desperately trying to correct their own mistakes.

The spin and blaming everyone bar themselves absolutely stinks but I'm not surprised.

Self preservation is the main aim, everything and everyone else can go to hell.

I didn't believe the club board could survive what's been revealed this week but I underestimated the absolute lows that they would sink to to excuse their cock ups and deflect attention away from themselves.

I'll never rejoin the WST with this lot in charge.

The biggest thing is the divide its created between fans and also the relationship between club and fans is the lowest its been since Moss owned the club.

The #WeAreOneTeam that's being pedalled couldn't be further away from the truth of the situation now.
Angry words Phil which are for sure not groundless. However I cannot condone things that will hurt the club like ceasing sponsorship. I know why you want to do it - and of course its your right not to sponsor but not to remove my option from within RP. We should better channel our energies to presenting the board with a collection of coherent questions for the AGM. I always suspected last night would be a stich up and so it proved. The AGM is the right place. At this stage of the season the only thing we can do is to get behind the team and BH and hope for a miracle - nothing else is going to happen anyway and we all know that.
Even if we get the miracle - questions need to be asked.
The big question is how to separate fact from fiction but without feedback from those in charge that is impossible.
Old 8th February 2019, 11.33:23   #56-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Really ? just think where the supporters would be without RP reporting what is going on at the club that would otherwise be kept secret by the chosen few ?
I was there last night and the idiot making that statement clearly is a happy clapper head in the sand stooge.
I remember the importance of having RP to save our club a few years ago and as for those that think it's a minority of supporters who visit RP look at the numbers logged on at important times ..850 plus and then it crashes .
There is so much that is a disgrace at the moment that trying to attack RP is so wrong. Yes we have WUMs yes we have some Jester idiots on our message board but in the main RP represents those that care about the club and long may it continue and you can increase the number on RP sponsoring players to 4 as I sponsor one as well.
Agree with you.
RP has been responsible for a lot of good things and cannot easily be dismissed like a naughty child.
That said, some of the abuse and rude ill informed comments have been cringeworthy. Apparently worse on other forms of social media.
Yes it was obvious that the explanation of events would take the initiative away from serious questioning and the board did that effectively.
I was surprised that Bryan stayed to listen to the second half of the "show"
I fully expected him to have been whisked away before the board was questioned.
Old 8th February 2019, 11.42:40   #57-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
You know, I feel a T-shirt line coming...

"Red Passion. Proud to be Disgraceful".

"Red Passion. The Brain is out tonight".
Me first, me first
Old 8th February 2019, 11.42:53   #58-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Id rather be on here speaking my mind raising genuine concerns about the club than being part of that toadying arse licking cliché last night.
Old 8th February 2019, 11.46:19   #59-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

COMMUNITY ACTION
I haven't lived in the Wrexham area for many years , but consider myself an avid supporter having watched my first Match well over sixty years ago ! No more reminiscing I promise!
Last night I attended a village meeting finalizing the community purchase of our local pub. We raised almost £300000 in a matter of a few weeks as shareholders , but here is the rub . There is a leading group of six out of 280 members who have been involved for over five years trying to finalize it. Last night they pleaded more help , but sadly little was forthcoming . Everyone is full of ideas and wants to use the pub , but community action takes huge commitment and energy and I take my hat off to all those who give up their time freely to make things happen , that would otherwise be swept away by a tide of indifference.
Similarly with the WST . I don't know all the ins and outs , but some of the posts on here were of the JUdge and Jury level . Some are frankly embarrassing and seem to Harbour long standing vendettas .
I'm sure the board makes mistakes and yes they probably do need to have a few paid people to take the pressure off , but I am sure that there is much more to recent events that will eventually come out . Their really is no room for division and I wish I could be there on Saturday to give the team my support .
Ps you can still be a shareholder in an old Devon village pub for £100 , but don't expect any return on your money , nor a message board to moan on!!
Old 8th February 2019, 11.48:19   #60-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Really ? just think where the supporters would be without RP reporting what is going on at the club that would otherwise be kept secret by the chosen few ?
I was there last night and the idiot making that statement clearly is a happy clapper head in the sand stooge.
I remember the importance of having RP to save our club a few years ago and as for those that think it's a minority of supporters who visit RP look at the numbers logged on at important times ..850 plus and then it crashes .
There is so much that is a disgrace at the moment that trying to attack RP is so wrong. Yes we have WUMs yes we have some Jester idiots on our message board but in the main RP represents those that care about the club and long may it continue and you can increase the number on RP sponsoring players to 4 as I sponsor one as well.
Thanks CF, you have always been one of the first to say 'count me in' and for that me and my brain cell are really thankful.
Old 8th February 2019, 11.52:17   #61-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

This wasn't a board member who called RP a disgrace was it? Just says bloke on the mic?
Old 8th February 2019, 11.52:20   #62-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
The facebook group is like a wild west version of RP. I dont know why I am still on it to be honest.
I agree 100% with this. RP is generally pretty "high end" in terms of debate and people are generally fairly polite. FB group is pretty poor in comparison, I wouldn't post on there. I don't see how RP got the flack last night. Probably home truths hitting home. Did anyone else find SH extremely condascending with phrases like "do you remember that ?", sounded as though he was addressing school children at times. I cringed.
Old 8th February 2019, 11.57:28   #63-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Agree with you.
RP has been responsible for a lot of good things and cannot easily be dismissed like a naughty child.
That said, some of the abuse and rude ill informed comments have been cringeworthy. Apparently worse on other forms of social media.
Yes it was obvious that the explanation of events would take the initiative away from serious questioning and the board did that effectively.
I was surprised that Bryan stayed to listen to the second half of the "show"
I fully expected him to have been whisked away before the board was questioned.
It intrigues me that so many people seem to be keen to criticise RP, whereas very few make similar statements about Facebook or Twitter, where I’ve seen some pretty awful stuff posted. I definitely think some people are determined not to hear a bad word about those in charge - I remember someone having a go at me at a match for being transphobic because I’d raised concerns about the Steph Booth bid on here!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.15:57.