Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2019, 08.49:44   #190-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Confusing post of the week and that takes some doing this week.

What are you saying? The fans are at fault?
What's confusing about it pagl ?
I'm merely saying its NOT the fans fault after Dixie was called out about the board "pandering to people like you".
Old 9th February 2019, 09.10:29   #191-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil View Post
What's confusing about it pagl ?
I'm merely saying its NOT the fans fault after Dixie was called out about the board "pandering to people like you".
You can act as butthurt about it as you like but why else would a club that has to manage more carefully than most to balance the books adopt an approach at odds with that? It’s because there is a permanent PR war to be won about “ambition” and “the cheap option” at odds with being a sustainable community club. If more people accepted the latter as the way forward the club wouldn’t be chasing the former (and still being accused of not doing that!).
Old 9th February 2019, 09.14:16   #192-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
If we spent 70k on a decent CEO then maybe we wouldn't have the expense of paying off Newell, not go from Barrow on a new assistant manager's contract one week to 2 and a half years as manager instead the next, to then go hunting for a new manager again a few weeks later. Wasting a transfer window to keep up with/get ahead of the opposition with a guy appointed who after everything, never really looked like he wanted to be No. 1.

Multiple players brought in who've barely got game time after weeks. Some who haven't even made the bench. They all cost something. Loans earlier in the season of players who barely made the bench, Hinds, Burgess, another one I can't remember the name of.

70k wouldn't/hasn't been better spent on the team because we haven't got a CEO who knows what he's doing.
The CEO wouldn't have the authority to sign players without the boards approval.
Can you guarantee a CEO who knows what he's doing. Don't see many clubs below the championship with a different structure to ourselves.
The manager has requested and been given approval for the players brought in. Why would a CEO block the request?
Old 9th February 2019, 09.16:54   #193-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Is there a link between a club employing a CEO and successful managerial appointments?
Old 9th February 2019, 09.17:30   #194-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
He was probably referring to threads like the one of yours about the board needing to take a long hard look at themselves.

We need a change.
I've now had the time to review your post and don't believe I contributed to the thread you are referring to.
Old 9th February 2019, 09.18:33   #195-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
The CEO wouldn't have the authority to sign players without the boards approval.
Can you guarantee a CEO who knows what he's doing. Don't see many clubs below the championship with a different structure to ourselves.
The manager has requested and been given approval for the players brought in. Why would a CEO block the request?
There aren’t many clubs below that level whose chances of success depend on upsetting the odds, as this club can’t just write a cheque and make a problem go away without it being a big deal. You can’t guarantee a CEO who knows what he’s doing but you can guarantee it being someone’s job that it will be their priority, they’ll spend more man hours learning lessons, and they won’t be able to hide behind “I’m a volunteer and you need to give me break” regardless of what actions they take.

Last edited by Junior Shabadoo; 9th February 2019 at 09.20:15..
Old 9th February 2019, 09.20:00   #196-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
You can act as butthurt about it as you like but why else would a club that has to manage more carefully than most to balance the books adopt an approach at odds with that? It’s because there is a permanent PR war to be won about “ambition” and “the cheap option” at odds with being a sustainable community club. If more people accepted the latter as the way forward the club wouldn’t be chasing the former (and still being accused of not doing that!).
It's all relevant, I heard Port Vale fans moaning about their club going for the cheap option again in Askey.
Old 9th February 2019, 09.22:31   #197-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
It's all relevant, I heard Port Vale fans moaning about their club going for the cheap option again in Askey.
Port Vale aren’t run by fans, they have a right to expect their owner to write fat cheques. Demanding it of our owners is totally at odds with our model.
Old 9th February 2019, 09.25:11   #198-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
And while I agree I think it happens because they pander to people like you when you don’t even appreciate it. You repeatedly call for signings, for ambition, for the first team only to matter and I think the club is trying to do this but without the resources to do it well. That’s what leads to the revolving door, and mistakes made, to try to make that push; and they can’t do it by chucking money at a manager and at loads of good players. So you don’t get what you want because the club spreads its resources too thinly to make the route one approach work, and I don’t get what I want because I see short termism and a refusal to invest now in things that could bear fruit later.
Wow. This is up there as one of the most insulting posts I’ve ever read. It insults the majority of our fanbase if you got your head out of your arse.

Pander to people like me? Wow. What are we meant to appreciate exactly, on the football side of things? Nothing is the answer. I think we appreciate the work they’ve done off the field but I support Wrexham FOOTBALL club, yes the football bit is my concern.

For the record I don’t personally call for ambition or random signings at all. I understand the game enough to know that without quality players who are able to score some goals, succces will be a long way away. You can get away with having slightly above average players if you have a couple of quality forwards. At this moment in time we have quality centre halves and the rest are average players, it’s a miracle where we are. I’m sorry for wanting a decent football team to support.

If we haven’t got the resources, like you say, then we need a change of direction, and we need it now.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.22:18.